[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Magik, isn't that a trader envoy? I'm pretty sure you can't recruit from traders, only legit visitors.

deliveryservice

Quote from: magik20 on September 01, 2016, 11:42:31 PM
Hello, I am still running into "no guest" tab or at least in some cases a guest tab that isnt working.

same as mine! do you use CCL?
CCL isn't yet updated to A15, so I don't.

Orion

@Serenity: I'm not touching caravan behaviour. Maybe someone else can make a mod to improve this.
@magik20: Caravans don't have the tab. Also crashed pods don't have it either (they get the simple one from RimWorld with only medical). Also new races might not have it, depending on how they are made.

Orion

Changelog
1.15b - 02.09.2016
- Tweak: refugee and joining wanderer events slightly more likely
- New: refugee and joining wanderer are picked from pool of related characters
- New: joining wanderer can be declined
- Hotfix: GetRoom() error from A15.1280

Serenity

Unfortunately that doesn't appear to work for me. Playing the rich explorer scenario (with quite a few mods, but nothing that should mess with this as far as I can tell). I click on "accept him/her", but nobody appears. Reloaded a few times, but the same thing happens.

EDIT:
Well, it appears to work after all. Sort of. Earlier I sold my yorkshire terrier because the thing was useless and only ate food I was short on. Then I just got the message that someone is wandering nearby and wants to join. I thought it's a human first, but it's my former pet! This time accepting worked.

Orion

Haha, RimWorld still keeps surprising me. I'll have to run a few more fresh colonies to get the kinks out of the new features.
Thanks for reporting!

Jdalt40

Quote from: Orion on September 02, 2016, 01:55:55 AM
Changelog
1.15b - 02.09.2016
- New: joining wanderer can be declined
Finally I can live with one colonist without the storyteller forcing me to have a stupid wanderer :D

str82azz

having the same problem as serenity..first wanderer never joins for me when i accept

Orion

Changelog
1.15c - 03.09.2016
- Hotfix: Wanderer not spawning
- Fix: Guests complaining about lack of beds, while in bed

Serenity

By the way the pet thing could be related to this:
The dog was bonded to a character and thus they had a social relationship. When it returned it even said that it has a bond connection to one colonist.

But this could be seen as a feature. It's like one of those stories about a pet being lost or forgotten somewhere and walking long distances to return to its owners :)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Serenity on September 03, 2016, 07:31:39 AM
By the way the pet thing could be related to this:
The dog was bonded to a character and thus they had a social relationship. When it returned it even said that it has a bond connection to one colonist.

But this could be seen as a feature. It's like one of those stories about a pet being lost or forgotten somewhere and walking long distances to return to its owners :)

Think of it as running a scam on the traders. You sell them an animal, which promptly escapes and returns to the colony to be sold again, profit!

Orion

Yeah, unless it involves buggy behaviour, I'm not going to fix that. It tells a funny story and is fine like that.

jjcf89

Both hospitality and misc. training updated today and now I can't save my game.  I was able to save in the morning but now its broken. Damn auto updates :).  Any idea if this is from your mod?

This part of the stack trace made me think it might be trader related... "RimWorld.Pawn_TraderTracker"

Copy of my output_log.txt
http://pastebin.com/Gd2c4uWN

jjcf89

Disabled your mod and rebooted the game.  Manually removed the 3 guestbeds from my save file.  Afterwards the game loads and saving works again.