[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simulacrum0

so i had a visitor/trader show up, she had a very nice gun and i wanted it, it was 5600 silver so i traded 400 gold to cover the cost and after her stay she loved (she spent the night sleeping on the floor of my very impressive dining room) she then left me the 400 gold as a thank you.

Orion

Hmm.... Interesting. That should not be possible. There is a cap on how much guests can leave.
But I have the feeling some other mod is messing with it.

Serenity

There is also the general matter that maybe visitors should not leave exactly what you just sold them. Had that happen a few times.

Dingo

Visitors have a lot of quirky interactions in general. Has the bug for them destroying doors/walls and/or digging through terrain sometimes when they leave been traced to its source yet? I'm out of the loop.

red3dred

So, you requested a look at my Output, i'm red3dred from Steam.

I found these lines, whose pawns were not my colonists:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Sammy, Job=BuyItem A=Thing_Silver538164, Exception: System.ArgumentException: SplitOff with count <= 0
Parameter name: count
  at Verse.Thing.SplitOff (Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.SplitOff (Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingContainer.TryDrop (Verse.Thing thing, IntVec3 dropLoc, ThingPlaceMode mode, Int32 count, Verse.Thing& resultingThing, System.Action`2 placedAction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.JobDriver_BuyItem.TakeThing (Verse.AI.Toil toil) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.JobDriver_BuyItem+<>c__DisplayClass2.<MakeNewToils>b__1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Ryu started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. lastJobGiver=Hospitality.JobGiver_Relax, curJob.def=Skygaze, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_Skygaze

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Ryu started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. lastJobGiver=, curJob.def=Wait, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_Wait

// Repeat the second error about 12 times...

Full log is attached, and i'll see if i can get a log of the visitors spawning error. Thanks for the time and work, great mod.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Orion

Thanks for the log! I'll see if I can find something. Do you remember what the visitor was trying to buy?

kcirdor

Is it possible that once you reject a Wanderer they are no longer available in the pool or significantly lower in choices. My current game, I had the same wanderer try to join my colony 4 times.  I just accepted him on the 4th try.  I rejected him because I didn't like the traits, but come to find out his stats suck too which makes him a  primary cleaner/hauler I guess.

For reference... Two of my colonist are Bro/Sis, their mother joined as a Spacer refugee. Spacer's never attacked(this is the second time I've noticed the Spacer's didn't attack), which seems like bug but I have no idea which mod would cause that, possibly Faction Discovery since I don't know the Spacers yet.  But anyway, he was the mothers husband and the father of the two other colonists.  When I first rejected him, they got divorced. Then he pops up again as the father of the bro, and then the father of the sis, and then the ex lover of the mother again. So I said to heck with it, Rimworld wants this dude in my colony.  He shall be the one that goes rescue people in a fire fight or the dumb one to go set the Hive on fire.

Etaglibash

Hello guys.
This mod is simpy amazing, so I have just made a translation of this mod to my language, Latin american Spanish.

Link:
https://github.com/Etaglibash/Hospitality-SpL

Mackinz

I had a visitor leave me six Cassowary Eggs and, when they hatched, the Cassowaries were untamed. Given than they were left as a gift/token of appreciation, I thought that they would have hatched tamed like eggs bought from traders or eggs laid by egg-laying animals. I was able to tame one almost immediately since I have a 10% chance to do so with two level 20 handlers, but I don't like the odds of 3.00% manhunter baby Cassowaries in my barn...

Screenshots:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772732891 (the six green eggs in the stockpile)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772732902 (after they hatched)

Also, there may be a conflict with the Hot Coffee mod as I routinely get gifts of hundreds of coffee when it says "~~~ left you three *coffee type*". The first screenshot caught the strange behavior for Sweet decaf coffee, the pinkish cup. There's actually 41 Sweet decaf coffee on the ground in that screenshot - the exact amount I had just sold to the visitor after experimenting with it.

callmewoof

Hi, is there a quick how-to guide for this mod? I've got it installed and I can tell it's "working", but I don't get it. For example, my guest bedrooms are never used, guest beds never slept in, I don't have any options to try and recruit visitors (is that even a thing?). Thank you!

Orion

@callmewoof: I've put detailed instructions HERE. But what you're experiencing does not sound like the intended behavior. More likely a mod conflict. The first thing you should try is place the mod at different spots in the mod order, restart the game, and see if you notice improvement. Sorry about this.
@Etaglibash: Thanks! I've added a link on the front page.
@Mackinz: I didn't know trader eggs would hatch tamed. I'll take a look at how it's done.
I don't know what's going on with the coffee mod. It sounds like it's doing something odd so the amounts don't match up.
@kcirdor: I'll see what I can do.

BetaSpectre

When faction relationship is high, trying to increase it with this mod actually lowers it.

How much does it increase when you convince, vs how much does it go down when relationship lowers? Or is faction relationship reset each time I try to improve relationship?
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Orion

Hm. The naming of this is still a relic from a time when you could directly increase the relationship. What it does now is give visitors a mood buff and a social increase with the colonist doing the talking.
The first will increase the overall satisfaction when the visitors leave and the second increases the recruitment chance.

Maybe I should name it something that matches better to what it does.

kcirdor

Quote from: kcirdor on September 30, 2016, 03:55:53 PM
a Spacer refugee. Spacer's never attacked(this is the second time I've noticed the Spacer's didn't attack), which seems like bug but I have no idea which mod would cause that, possibly Faction Discovery since I don't know the Spacers yet. 

Just want to note, in my current game I got two Spacer pod drop refugee's with no follow up attack.  I later got a pod drop refugee from a known faction.  The faction immediately followed up with an attack.  So the default failed attacks from a Spacer pod drop refugee has to be a bug or an unintended perk, rendering the the spacer refugee event nothing more than a joining wandering wanderer with a choice.

red3dred

Quote from: Orion on September 30, 2016, 04:14:09 AM
Thanks for the log! I'll see if I can find something. Do you remember what the visitor was trying to buy?

At first it was some sort of shiv or dagger, after he bought it, the silver landed outside of the equipment rack, then he bought the item in the other slot, and the silver fell in the equipment rack. He then procceded to buy back his own silver.  While the next error seems to refer to the visitor that was trying to buy the hand grenades...