[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

You should be able to ignore the cross reference error.

The leaving error you can't ignore, though. So chances are that if you continue playing while errors are happening / have happened, your game state is corrupted and will only get worse.

stigma

I also get this error like other people:
"nameofthepawn" started 10 jobs in one tick. newJob=GuestImproveRelationship A=Thing_Human94160

It happens very regularly and always starts of the same. Obviously related to improve relationship. I have quite a few other mods too, but nothing that should really touch this part of the game so I immediately thought it was related to Hospitality (and it certainly looks like that from the other reports here).

The good things is that nothing bad seems to happen. The job is done normally. it is just annoying to get the popup screen for it.

-Stigma

stigma

Can someone tell me what the known conflict with Refugee stats is?

I am using that now with hospitality and I never imagined it had the potential to be incompatible with anything given that it just shows you some more stats.

Given how essential that mod is to getting acceptable recruits I am loathe to give it up if I don't have to.

Does this have anything to do with that "10 jobs in one tick" error?

-Stigma

RemingtonRyder

Hospitality and Refugee Stats both change a thing. It's not possible to make them compatible without merging the code.

stigma

Quote from: MarvinKosh on July 08, 2017, 10:30:41 AM
Hospitality and Refugee Stats both change a thing. It's not possible to make them compatible without merging the code.

Thank you for answering, but a little more specific would be nice - assuming you know the details. What part of the code is conflicting? I don't see any obvious areas in which the two mods would be overlapping.

And - is it related to the "10 jobs in a tick" error? Because that is the only error I have come across (although it seems to break nothing).

If you are aware of any patches or anything to make compatability possible please let me know. If I absolutely have to choose I guess I want Hospitality more, but I would give up refugee stats veeeery reluctantly... (RIP all future refugees I guess :( )

-Stigma

stigma

Known conflicts:
- Any mod that gives guests animals (or slaves)

Does anyone know if this applies to Vanilla Animal Overhaul?
It makes more animals be able to carry stuff in caravans, but I don't think it really "adds animals to guests". Depends on how visiting trading caravans are defined I guess.

I'd greatly appreciate any info about this. I hate running into unforeseen comparability issues late into my game.

-Stigma

Orion

First of all, the 10 jobs in one tick error is always there and not due to a conflict.
It will be fixed when a miracle happens and I stumble across the true source of the problem.

Hospitality also changes the dialog that shows when refugees show up. Having both mods can cause unexpected behaviour when the refugee incident triggers.

I don't know if the animal overhaul mod adds animals to traders. I don't think it does.

stigma

Quote from: Orion on July 08, 2017, 02:38:46 PM
First of all, the 10 jobs in one tick error is always there and not due to a conflict.
It will be fixed when a miracle happens and I stumble across the true source of the problem.

Hospitality also changes the dialog that shows when refugees show up. Having both mods can cause unexpected behaviour when the refugee incident triggers.

I don't know if the animal overhaul mod adds animals to traders. I don't think it does.

Thanks! I guess I will have to drop refugee stats for now.

I understand that if both mods override the same dialogue window then they need a merge to work together. I see that the guy making refugee stats said that you are welcome to integrate this into hospitality - I think that would be a great idea for future versions (although best if you could make it optional since there's a few people out there who prefer it to be unpredictable).

-Stigma

wwWraith

Quote from: stigma on July 08, 2017, 02:22:25 PM
Known conflicts:
- Any mod that gives guests animals (or slaves)

Does anyone know if this applies to Vanilla Animal Overhaul?
It makes more animals be able to carry stuff in caravans, but I don't think it really "adds animals to guests". Depends on how visiting trading caravans are defined I guess.

I'd greatly appreciate any info about this. I hate running into unforeseen comparability issues late into my game.

-Stigma

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34173.msg349624#msg349624
...just 1 post before your
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

stigma

Thank you for the info.
Don't know how I missed that. Pretty sure I read that whole thread.
My bad.

-Stigma

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Orion on July 08, 2017, 02:38:46 PM

10 jobs error usually happens when a job can start in a condition where it will immediately fail. If you already checked the job start conditions to make sure they can't start with a failure state you might try logging all the returns for the JobGiver and fail conditions for the JobDriver to see why it is failing exactly, then check all vanilla classes that could mess with this fail condition. Sometimes rogue vanilla behavior will interfere with a job in unexpected ways, leading to 10 jobs errors.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Orion

Thanks, NIA!

From what I've checked so far, it seems that it has to do with reservations. RimWorld doesn't seem to like reserving pawns that are up and running.
But I need it so not everyone goes for the same pawn at once.

FoxXeL

Hi, I really love the mod but is there a way to stop visitors give you free stuff for enjoying the visit?

Orion

Maybe one day I'll make an options menu for the mod, then this could be an option...

Orion

Update
1.17e - 09.07.2017
- Fix: Animal beds no longer for guests
- Tweak: Lower chance of pawns joining after rescue, unless hostile environment
- Fix: "started job too often" bug (thanks, NIA!)
- Updated: Chinese translations