[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onerous1

I was wondering why random pawns were joining my colony without asking permission until I read the changelog for B19:

- Removed: Hospitality does not change the refugee chased event anymore (more compatibility)
- Removed: Hospitality does not change the wanderer joins event anymore (more compatibility)

Increased compatibility is good however the changes to those events were one of my favorite features of hospitality. Would personally adding this feature to my game be difficult (ie. editing multiple files and 200 lines of code)? Or is it something simple such as inserting a few lines in a file somewhere?

Orion

If you know what you're doing it's just a bit time consuming. You have to check out the version of the mod before the features were removed, and then distill them into their own mod.
Any they should be their own mod...

onerous1

Thanks for the reply. I'll see if I can give it a shot.

Madman666

Dayum, those penalties for visitor group not returning are pretty steep... Two guys show up to visit, local muffaloe goes mad like a second later, rushes them and tramples them both before i can eve react - boom -20 relations. Just ouch. On the other hand positive relations increase for a 100 score visit could use a slight buff honestly.

Orion

It's pretty easy to get a 100 score, so I think it's fine. You'll want to keep your guests protected!

bigheadzach

Give them a clean motel room that is bigger than an outhouse and make sure the guy assigned to chat them up doesn't spit when he talks, and 100s are achievable. If you trade with them before they leave, they are likely to give you back some of the things you sold to them!

Madman666

I am not saying its hard to get 100 score, i am saying it could use a buff, because sometimes ridiculous circumstances over which i have no influence of whatsoever (i obviously can't teleport people when animal goes mad from half map away right next to a visitor that spawned a second ago) does like double or triple relation damage, than successful stay does positive. Its a bit dissapointing when you do all the preparations, score 100 twice in a row and then game decides to spawn one guy, which gets immediately rekt and you lose more than you've gained over more than a week.

I think if you don't want to increase the positive relation buff of a stay, you should at least balance the damage from group not returning around their quantity. In no way it should penalize you -20 for 2 guys and for 20 not going back. Combined with standart -5 for each dead person its way too harsh and vulnerable to accident abuse by storyteller. Chemical fascination guy comes - breaks, overdoses - blam -25.

viperwasp

This is one of my most favorite mods. Can't wait until 1.0. Thanks.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Orion

I have been neglecting the forum a bit. You can already download a version via the GitHub link. I'll see that I upload a zip tomorrow.

Orion

viperwasp

Thanks!

Oh I got this error...

I'm using Fluffy's Worktab mod and EDB Prepare Carefully.
Along with many other mods but those two in my opinion
are more likey to cause this error as a conflict with Hospitality? Or is it standalone Hospitality.

White did not get a relax job.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
Hospitality.JobGiver_Relax:TryGiveJob(Pawn)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Hospitality.ThinkNode_FilterGuestRooms:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

viperwasp

Also got this error...

Again not sure what mod is at fault or if it's simply a mod conflict. Let me know if you need further information. I can reproduce this error sometimes when I call a Visitor group via Dev Tools? Not sure if that helps. 

Exception translating '{PAWN_titleIndef} from {1} is visiting the colony.

{PAWN_pronoun} is named {PAWN_nameFull}.{3}{4}': System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.String.ParseFormatSpecifier (System.String str, System.Int32& ptr, System.Int32& n, System.Int32& width, System.Boolean& left_align, System.String& format) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.String.FormatHelper (System.Text.StringBuilder result, IFormatProvider provider, System.String format, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.String.Format (IFormatProvider provider, System.String format, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.String.Format (System.String format, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Translator.Translate (System.String key, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
Verse.Translator:Translate(String, Object[])
Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup:CreateLord(Faction, IntVec3, List`1, Map)
Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup:SpawnGroup(IncidentParms, Map)
Hospitality.<>c__DisplayClass9_0:<TryExecuteWorker>b__0()
Verse.DiaOption:Activate()
Verse.DiaOption:OptOnGUI(Rect, Boolean)
Verse.Dialog_NodeTree:DrawNode(Rect)
Verse.Dialog_NodeTree:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

Canute

viperwasp,
i bet you got hugslib at your modlist too. So please use the share logs button or CTRL-F12 and post the link  too next time you post the error msg.
That include your modlist or maybe include some other previous errors.

Only Hospitality is mention at the error, but i don't think it cause the error except Orion just upload a new version or you maybe use an old one.
Do you use mods that add custom events/incidents ?
Start to deactivate them would be a good start to find the issue.

viperwasp

I have most recent version. I do think it's likely another mod conflicting. I will try to repo the error again and provide full log. Quite a few mods I use. So I may do some debugging until I figure out which ones are conflicting.

No mods I got that specifically add new events etc. But they may adjust that in the back ground or something. Like a small part of the mod I don't know about. But either way I will check into. Thanks.
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

Orion

There is a chance it's a genuine bug. I've seen it reported before in 1.0, so possibly the string has changed in 1.0, which causes it.
The relax job error is clearly a mod conflict. Else this error would be have been reported before.