[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viperwasp

Quote from: Orion on October 21, 2018, 04:01:17 PM
There is a chance it's a genuine bug. I've seen it reported before in 1.0, so possibly the string has changed in 1.0, which causes it.
The relax job error is clearly a mod conflict. Else this error would be have been reported before.

Unless I did something wrong I was able to reproduce some errors with only Core, Hugslib, and Hospitality in exactly that order. With what I hope and assume is a full log. I don't know if these errors are that serious. For a moment I thought they may be vanilla. But I took out Hugslib and Hospitality and tried for 20 minutes and could not repo. Still anything is possible. Also possible that these bugs only show up in extreme situations or rarely.

So I'm not expecting them to be fixed unless they really are an issue and that they are possible to fix. If they only appear when I sort of brute force them that is fine. So I'm sorry if this is a waste of time. Thank you.

So how did I get these errors you may ask? Well I run a test to see if I can generate error. I call it a "Brute Force"
1. I start a whole new game.
2. I spawn 10-20 colonists with Dev Tools.
3. This step step is sometimes optional depending on what I'm doing. I think I got some of these errors with and without doing this. But typically I use the Dev tool function that builds a whole base... well it places some of each Vanilla or modded items and spawns a set of colonists. It's to test Bills and other functions. Pawns will complete tons of stuff.
4. In these cases since Hospitality functions around Visitors I spawn multiple groups of visitors as a few of these errors appear 20% of the time that I spawn some visitors.
5. I may spawn some more colonists and or visitors as needed back and forward. 

So doing this I guess it's possible to get bugs that won't appear otherwise. In that case the mod is not at fault. And you can ultimately decide if this can be fixed or if it should even be fixed. I think I also got one of these two errors without doing all this brute forcing but that could take hours of game play to test if not longer. I don't want to waste your time by talking even more. These errors have not broken anything as far as I could tell in game. And the only reason I brute force like this is that I would rather find possible issues before I'm 30+ hours into a game.

Do with this as you will.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/11bad5c8bf25328e10c06975570ed3b3

P.S I have Hospitality set to NOT give visitors help jobs. If that helps you or not. But I had that one at one point and I think the errors were the same. Thanks.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Orion

Thanks for the effort. Fortunately none of them are show-stoppers. I'll see to them when I have time next week.

Madman666

It'd be really nice to have things like diplomatic impact of (un)successful visits, guest deaths, groups not coming back, recruitment difficulty in mod's options. Would it be hard to add it, @Orion?

viperwasp

Another error log. Some of the old errors again too. But the reason I'm typing this is a new error was found. Trying to Spawn Visitors, but they are of Fraction.OfPlayer?

Error log
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/0772fc1e00211c1b7d8c80806453928d

Trying to spawn visitors, but they are of Faction.OfPlayer.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup:TryExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.Storyteller:TryFire(FiringIncident)
RimWorld.IncidentQueue:IncidentQueueTick()
Hospitality.Hospitality_MapComponent:MapComponentTick()
Verse.MapComponentUtility:MapComponentTick(Map)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

This could easily be an issue with any of the 70+ mods I'm using. I never got this error with only Hospitality running. However to be fair I only got this error hours into my new game. So who knows. Thanks and good luck. This time the all these errors occurred in normal game playing. Not using Dev tools to try and force them out etc.
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

Orion

Thanks for the thorough report. I've seen this one a couple of times in earlier versions. I assume it's in combination with some other mod, since I can't reproduce it.

Not much I can do about it :/

Shieldxx

Brings so much life in, thanks for this awesome mod!

Ironman

Started up a new colony in 1.0, and the whole time I've been having an issue with guests not eating or sleeping.  They just ignore their needs completely.  They'll starve to the point of malnourishment, or pass out due to exhaustion, while having plenty of food in inventory and guest beds available the whole time. I've had to use the "Send away" option in the guest tab every time to force them to leave before they have mental breaks due to negative mood.

I looked back about a half dozen pages in this thread and didn't seen anyone else mentioning it, so I figured I'd ask about it.  Known issue, or specific to my experience?

I've seen a HugLib link asked for in a number of responses, so here it is: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/d2315a7a16df6d704e78429488c42cd2

I love this mod, and it was working fine for me in B18.  Would love some help getting it to behave in 1.0.

(side note, unrelated: You know you've played too much Rimworld when you see the Verification question of "the last month of the year" and type in Decembary"

Canute

About viperwask error
at the error log you find
Exception translating '{PAWN_titleIndef} from {1} is visiting the colony.

{PAWN_pronoun} is named {PAWN_nameFull}.{3}{4}': System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.String.ParseFormatSpecifier (System.String str, System.Int32& ptr, System.Int32& n, System.Int32& width, System.Boolean& left_align, System.String& format) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.String.FormatHelper (System.Text.StringBuilder result, IFormatProvider provider, System.String format, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.String.Format (IFormatProvider provider, System.String format, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.String.Format (System.String format, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Translator.Translate (System.String key, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

These {PAWN_titleIndef} made me curious, can it be that a title from a Star_wars mod got added and cause the problem ?

viperwasp

Quote from: Canute on October 25, 2018, 04:23:02 AM
About viperwask error
at the error log you find

can it be that a title from a Star_wars mod got added and cause the problem ?

Haha yes I do use the Starwars mod! You can see the full list of mods I use in my recent log. I don't know a whole lot about these errors messages. And some of them are probably caused by other mods.

However I got that same error in this log.
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/11bad5c8bf25328e10c06975570ed3b3

That's the original with only Hugslib and Hospitality. And it also has the same error your describing I think. So yeah this is not easy to figure out. So regardless of if a mod is causing the same error it's doing without any error. And if Orian can't even reproduce it? Unless he is using Steam version and it's only effect Ludeon or something silly like that. Than I don't know what? I may re-download and test it again from a fresh download. But I won't do that for a couple days. I did not even just disable my mods I completely deleted them when I ran the test.

Could game settings cause the difference? I don't think game setting would matter but I'm trying to think of differences.

•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

Orion

Ironman, you got more errors / warnings than you can shake a stick at.
The errors you are getting are from Dubs Hygiene mod, although it's not clear if it causes them.
Some of your mods use a different Harmony version, that probably causes issues as well.
Did you by any chance remove mods without starting a new game? That would explain the ruined state of your save game.
I can't tell what causes the Hospitality issues - but I guess you could start with all the issues that other mods report.

Canute: Don't worry too much about the translating exception. I think I know how to fix it. I just haven't had time for it yet.

Ironman

Quote from: Orion on October 25, 2018, 04:40:20 PM
Ironman, you got more errors / warnings than you can shake a stick at.
The errors you are getting are from Dubs Hygiene mod, although it's not clear if it causes them.
Some of your mods use a different Harmony version, that probably causes issues as well.
Did you by any chance remove mods without starting a new game? That would explain the ruined state of your save game.
I can't tell what causes the Hospitality issues - but I guess you could start with all the issues that other mods report.

Thanks for the response!  I'll be upfront from the start: I know next to nothing about modding/coding, and that report log was basically gibberish to me.

With that said, I'm surprised at what you're saying here because aside from a strange issue with stone chunks not storing properly in steel skips (Extended Storage mod), the Hospitality guests issue is the only issue I've seen in this play through. Everything with Dub's Hygiene is working fine, hell everything with all the rest of the mods is working 100% properly (based on play experience). I certainly don't know anything about a "ruined state of the save game", the playthrough loads (and plays) just fine except for this 1 issue.

I've definitely added a few mods to the play through after it started (While You're Up [1.0],VGP Garden Tools and Ceiling Light [1.0], More Furniture [1.0]). They were all mods that had notes in the description saying they were ok to add to current games, and I've not had problems with any of them.   The only mod I've removed from the playthrough was a light fixtures mod, which didn't have any assets in map and was (as far as I can tell) a safe removal.  The Hospitality/guests issue was present before anything was added or removed though.

If there is anything "easy" you could suggest for me to try, I'd really love to get it working.  If the issue is too complex though, I'll understand as well.  Once again though, thanks a ton for the response!

Orion

Sorry, I should have clarified - by issues I mean the errors and warnings you are getting - not anything you experience playing - those are only second level symptoms (first level being the errors and warnings).

You get tons of broken references when saving / loading, so your save game is not in a good condition (or there is a mod missing).

Unfortunately there isn't an easy fix. Usually you would want to reverse problems as soon as they arise (for example by loading a previous save game that is not broken yet).

Orion

Update
1.0.2 - 28.10.2018
- New: Added setting to forbid guests from operating
- New: Guests now use label color of their faction
- Tweak: Lowered group lost penalty
- Fix: Broken text when visitor arrives

cyberian

Btw should traders also use the guest room or only normal visitors?

Normal visitors seem to work fine with me. But I often have trouble with traders like bulk trader camping outside my walls and then having some internal problems some guy dies and then they won't leave anymore for a long time. Might not be caused by Hospitality though in general it seems to work fine.

Canute

No Traders/Caravan don't use guest settings.
There is a mod called Trading Spot, you can assign the gathering spot for Caravan's

The problem that caravan or even visitor don't leave anymore is mosttime based on other race mods, do you use any other race ?
Or does an error appear during gameplay ?