[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ochinchilla

I can't seem to set an area limitation for my villager. I downloaded the mod through the Dropbox link, and the only other mod I have is ToggleHarvest. Help?

Canute

Quote from: MrCaka on December 07, 2018, 12:28:00 PM
I did a translation for the mod but I do not know how I can contribute.  :(
is a translation into Brazilian Portuguese.
If you use the reply button, you got the option to attach files to your message.
Then you can attach an archive with the translation to your answer.

Orion

I've already got his translations.

@Ochinchilla: Can you be any more specific about the problem? Could you also include an error log? Press CTRL-F12 after trying to set the area.

Hunor

Hello, I was told on the discord server to bring this log here. Basically guests could not spawn. A moderator said that I didn't have enough "points" to spawn said pawn(s). The Modded factions that I currently have and can visit me are: Arcane fold(Rimworld of magic), Security Force(Polarisbloc) and the Arachne faction. The security force one works flawlessly but the other two just don't. Might be their fault but still, take a look at the log if you have the time. ;D
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/28dd19cbabb23a474fc4e5c8f2eed81b

Orion

No, that's not correct. It's not about the amount of points. Some mod modifies the pawn list of to-be-spawned guests while it's being iterated.
Given that normal factions work just fine, it must be either another mod that you're using, or the factions themselves that cause the breaking behavior.
Probably the author of these factions never tried to have them as guests (or it's not possible, but Hospitality makes it so).

I'm sorry. I can't help you at this point. You could try some other factions to see if it's random or specific to some factions.
Also try to move Hospitality further down the load order. Sometimes this helps.

You can use the dev options to try spawn visitor groups. Also check if raids work correctly.

Let me know when you find out more. Maybe I can help.

Orion

Oh yeah, given that the traveler incident also has the same error, this problem is not related to Hospitality. So in either case this is the wrong address. But like I said, maybe I can help.

Hunor

Ok, it seems only the Arachne mod doesn't want to spawn the guests. Replaced that with the Orassans and never got the error again. I guess the spiders were not meant to be recruitable tru your mod, seeing that (so far, not 100% sure) they had 99% difficulty in recruitment as prisoners (from raids, not arrested traders). I did try the spawn tool and only with them I had the issue. Raids were fine, guests groups weren't.

Orion

Probably they override some property like family relationships or whatnot. Friendly groups break more easily than raids.

Orion

Update
1.0.8 - 07.01.2019
- New: Guests can now be forced to join at a high cost
- Fix: More tooltips for UI
- Fix: Upset faction can't be invited again immediately
- New: Portuguese Brazilian language
- Fix: Added code to check for broken ChemicalDefs of other mods

Btw, the changelog had reached more than 20000 characters (celebrations!), so I've removed most of the fix/tweak texts from past versions.

publicuser

Github release version not updated to 1.0.8

Orion

Thanks for reminding me. It's all up now.

Mehni

Quote from: Orion on January 03, 2019, 06:25:26 AM
No, that's not correct. It's not about the amount of points. Some mod modifies the pawn list of to-be-spawned guests while it's being iterated.

Hi :) First off, thanks again for the hotfix you did earlier for Numbers. It's much appreciated.

Am the guy that pointed the log-poster to you. InvalidOperationExceptions can also happen when calling a System.Linq.Enumerable method on an empty collection, which is what happens in PawnGroupKindWorker_Normal.MinPointsToGenerateAnything. Modifying the pawn list would result in a "Collection was modified" type message. I've triggered that error enough to be certain :D

I agree with you that it's a poorly configured faction, but I also believe Hospitality could check prior to sending a group. If not that, can I request that you add the faction (def)name or type to the exception thrown?

P.S. Nice touch on the code to check for broken chemicaldefs. Hopefully that will wake up some modders: that simple negligence is enough to break world gen.

Beathrus

Is it possible to make a square marking, like a party spot for guests? That will make that area as a guest area so I can use it for selling them things? Instead of filling up the guest barracks with items?

Orion

@Mehni: Thanks for clarifying the error. I guess I dismissed it too soon.

I guess I could add a check and throw some errors around like with the chemicals. That one seriously pissed me off and cost me so much time.

@Breathrus: I don't quite get your request. You can put your sellables anywhere you like. Just draw your shopping area around it and make sure it's inside the guest area.

Beathrus

Quote from: Orion on January 09, 2019, 05:25:56 PM
@Mehni: Thanks for clarifying the error. I guess I dismissed it too soon.

I guess I could add a check and throw some errors around like with the chemicals. That one seriously pissed me off and cost me so much time.

@Breathrus: I don't quite get your request. You can put your sellables anywhere you like. Just draw your shopping area around it and make sure it's inside the guest area.

Ah, Okay. Thank you. So its like an Area I draw? Its a Zone?