[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chibisuke

Like right now Orion. If the visitors are hungry they will pull out food from their inventory, and go to closest table to eat. If a pawn entertains them during this period, they will stop, they will drop their food and stand there to be entertained, then afterwards pull out another meal and continue heading for closest table to eat. ( Good way to steal their food XD).

This isn't the case however if they are helping out, mainly happens with hauling. They will kind of stand there, but before the entertain bar can start, they continue with helping out and run off, getting too far for the pawn to entertain. And the process loops with the pawn chasing them and trying to entertain and them running off.

My suggestion would be something similar to this mod:

https://github.com/Weilbyte/SnapOut

Where it "stuns" the colonist (in this case the visitor) before starting the calming down process (this case the entertaining job) and they go back to what they were doing afterwards.

Canute

Quote from: Orion on April 30, 2019, 03:01:57 AM
I don't think you'd like it if they dropped your stuff all around the base because they got interrupted...
Personaly i wouldn't care.
The guest hauled stuff before, and he prolly will haul stuff after the chat.
The time gain not to chase the guest  through the whole base until he could engage him it is worth.

Orion

I will look into how the other mod does it. Maybe I can get it to work better.

forumgod

Visitors arrive malnourished, tired, recreation-starved and with mental break moods and trading caravans haven't come in years. Many of the visitors cause this error too: Tony doing ThinkNode_DutyConstant with no duty.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_DutyConstant:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextConstantThinkTreeJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick_Patch2(Object)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

What the hell is wrong with your mod? Removing the mod breaks my save.

Canute

nickdos,
if you are using the latest version of this mod, i think some other mod would cause it.
Are these visitors from a special faction maybe ?
Did you try to move Hospitality at the end of the modlist or pretty on top ?

Does any other error's show up at the logwindow ?

And normaly you should be able to remove that mod, but you need to switch guest bed's back to normal.

forumgod

Quote from: Canute on May 01, 2019, 02:33:16 PM
nickdos,
if you are using the latest version of this mod, i think some other mod would cause it.
Are these visitors from a special faction maybe ?
Did you try to move Hospitality at the end of the modlist or pretty on top ?

Does any other error's show up at the logwindow ?

And normaly you should be able to remove that mod, but you need to switch guest bed's back to normal.

No I don't have any faction mods, I have the latest version, Hospitality is at the bottom of the load order, I don't get any error messages and caravans don't work even if I use the dev command to spawn them.

If I remove it I get a infinite looping error like this
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.AI.Group.LordManager.LordManagerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.Game:<LoadGame>m__4()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Thanks for fucking up my hundreds of hours of playtime save

Canute

QuoteThanks for fucking up my hundreds of hours of playtime save
No problem, i bet any mod author is happy to help you with this ! :-)

But honestly, when you look at the steam workshop and notice how many subscriber that mod got, and only a few got problems mosttimes caused by other mods.

You can investigate a bit self. Since you use hugslib anyway you got the quickstart feature from the icon on top right. Just shift-click on it to create one.
At the debug action menu (on icon on top mid) you got "Do incident (map" select VisitorGroup.
Maybe you need to do it twice until a group.

If they are Visitors arrive malnourished, tired, recreation-starved and with mental break moods , you go to the main menu, deactivate half of the mods and try it again.
Ofcouse you could just deactivate Hospitality, and check if that happen without that mod too.

At this way you can find the mod who cause that.

But when the problem don't appear on a new colony, the problem appear during gameplay and is hard to track down.
Maybe a full log could be helpful. Use the green "Share log" button from the log window.
Or attach the original rimworld logfile to your answer together with the modconfig.xml (your modlist).

antstar

So... I just had a lone guest turn up; no sleep, no food, go juice withdrawl. She went berserk pretty much straight away, attacked a colony animal, was downed by animal in 1 hit KO. None of this is what I have a problem with - it makes for good story.

What I have a problem with is that the "chief was angered". because none of the party returned. How would he know, she just got here? She will return, and probably not even late.

I would like to suggest that only when all party members are dead or recruited should chief be angered, because that was kinda bullshit...

Canute

QuoteWhat I have a problem with is that the "chief was angered". because none of the party returned. How would he know, she just got here? She will return, and probably not even late.
How could a tribal clan send you drop pod with the quest reward ?
It is just a gamemechanic.

QuoteI would like to suggest that only when all party members are dead or recruited should chief be angered, because that was kinda bullshit...
Imagine you are a chief of a factory.
You send out one of your production crew on vacation or adv. training to your neightbour factory. And then you notice your best crafter got hired from that factory.
Do you get angered ?
Sure you would get more upset if the whole crew would join the other factory.

The current mechanic is fine like they are, the benefits you got from visitors (faction gain and gifts) are worth it that you keep your map "safe".

Orion

QuoteI would like to suggest that only when all party members are dead or recruited should chief be angered, because that was kinda bullshit...
That is indeed the case. In your situation that one person was the entire party.
I will, however, look into why sometimes guests arrive all starved... which is, as you might call it, bullshit.

antstar

Well, I got -10 from Chief angered and +13 when she left the map healthy. But I guess point is when a visitor comes to town jonesing for some crack, loses it, stabs an animal... The chief should have been apologising to me :P

We melted her knife and confiscated her drugs, though :D

Orion

No, it's completely on you for being friends with them.

Skryabin

Hi all! There is probably an answer to my question in this thread, but it is over 100 pages to look through. Maybe someone can give me an answer (or a link to it): how dating and new romance with the possibility of marriage with visitors happen in this mod? Thank you!

Canute

Same like with regular visitors.
But with this mod you can assign zone's to visitor and ofcouse to your pawn.
At this way you can give them more chances for a nice chat so they become friends and more.
But you can't force a romance.

Vectricity

Quote from: antstar on May 08, 2019, 04:24:46 PM
Well, I got -10 from Chief angered and +13 when she left the map healthy. But I guess point is when a visitor comes to town jonesing for some crack, loses it, stabs an animal... The chief should have been apologising to me :P

We melted her knife and confiscated her drugs, though :D
Sounds to me like everything is functioning correctly. Also, if a group of visitors isn't to your liking, you know you can send them away as early as the moment they arrive, yes?