[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FloK

Thanks for the information regarding the mod update process on Steam, while I was beginning another mod translation :-[

I just updated my previous post, so my folders ;)

FloK

Well, I finally pushed my translation on Steam Workshop as a sub-mod here : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2054554258.

Everyone can test and contribute that way ; besides, I think it's the most flexible way to update typos, mistakes and improve the translation until it is of good quality (I have already fixed it a bit since my initial post).

Orion

Sure, whatever you prefer. If you don't want me to include it, let me know. The mod is open source. You can also use pull requests to directly get your files into the mod, if you're familiar with version control.

FloK

I also published a RimHUD translation as a separate sub-mod because the mod author thinks the maintenance process is less painful that way. He pinned a subforum dedicated to translations sub-mods on his mod page. I think it is easier that way indeed. Anyway, I don't know how to use GitHub yet, but if the lockdown continues, it may happen.

Moogie

Wow! It's great to see this mod getting regular updates. I just came here to check after getting an error about headgears, and I'm blown away to see I'm already 6 versions behind!

Is it safe to update while I have visitors in my base? I'm currently on 1.1.1, if that makes any difference.

Edit: I went ahead and updated. No problems so far, although I've just got the same error about headgear as I had before. To be perfectly clear, I am now on version 1.1.7, and this is an entirely new set of guests that have arrived since I updated. Here's the error:

Failed to pocket headgear:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Hospitality.ItemUtility+<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<IsRequiredByRoyalty>b__0 (RimWorld.RoyalTitle title) [0x00000] in <a20d107dfae34012a7901a1f006be785>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].FindIndex (System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 count, System.Predicate`1[T] match) [0x0003b] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].FindIndex (System.Predicate`1[T] match) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.Any[T] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] list, System.Predicate`1[T] predicate) [0x00000] in <8d0b3a569e0c4b80aa92d37ff9ce138c>:0
  at Hospitality.ItemUtility.IsRequiredByRoyalty (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.ThingDef apparelDef) [0x0002a] in <a20d107dfae34012a7901a1f006be785>:0
  at Hospitality.ItemUtility.PocketHeadgear (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x0007e] in <a20d107dfae34012a7901a1f006be785>:0
  at Hospitality.GuestUtility.Arrive (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00014] in <a20d107dfae34012a7901a1f006be785>:0

The guest who failed to pocket his headgear is wearing a Cataphract Helmet.

Orion

Strange. I'll see if I can reproduce it.

zakapatch

i kept getting this error....
ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly Hospitality: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.AssemblyIsUsable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00000] in <c8e8d421567e4ee5864626a429a27a37>:0

Loader exceptions:
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000082 (from typeref, class/assembly HugsLib.ModBase, HugsLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.ModAssemblyHandler:AssemblyIsUsable(Assembly)
Verse.ModAssemblyHandler:ReloadAll()
Verse.ModContentPack:ReloadContent()
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadModContent()
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__6_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

Could not find a type named Hospitality.InteractionWorker_GuestDiplomacy
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.ParseHelper:ParseType(String)
Verse.ParseHelper:FromString(String)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXmlReflection(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXmlReflection(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:DefFromNode(XmlNode, LoadableXmlAsset)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ParseAndProcessXML(XmlDocument, Dictionary`2)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__6_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

i dont know what's wrong... can you help me out? thank you in advance

Orion

This is one of the errors you can't ignore. It usually means something is outdated. Could be RimWorld not being latest version, or HugsLib, or Harmony, or Hospitality, or any other mod for that matter.

zakapatch

Thank you for the guidance, sir. It seems that my hugslib is outdated, it still use version 7.0.

raffafll

Hello! sorry to bother, but ive been having problem with this mod specifically its text/font. I do not know what is the cause of this error, I have tried changing the mod order and reinstalling the mod. But to no avail the problem has yet to be resolved, Ive tried searchin the github page and steam in hope of someone experiencing same the same thing, but its either im blind or I have not encounter such disscussion. I hope this can get replied soon!

p.s sorry for bad english

Canute

raffafll,
mosttimes text/font issue are translation related. Could you try if the same thing happen when you play at english ?
Maybe a picture of the problem together with your logfile (press CTRL-F12 after the issue happen).

raffafll

Quote from: Canute on April 15, 2020, 03:11:25 AM
raffafll,
mosttimes text/font issue are translation related. Could you try if the same thing happen when you play at english ?
Maybe a picture of the problem together with your logfile (press CTRL-F12 after the issue happen).

Canute,
Thanks for the reply! i am currently playing on english and always are, i dont understand much regarding the log file and only able to provide the link to said log file

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/3066f22fac011cce1bfc2cd38340ef7d#file-output_log-txt-L68

I apologize for not being specific enough on my log files, ive also attached my mods order as i currently dont understand how to post my mod order more efficently. Once again im sorry if theres something wrong as im also fairly new in the community.

Canute

At first,
you ALLWAYS should check the links self before you post them, so you don't have bad surprises ! :-)
In this case the link even contain your active modlist ! :-)

QuoteRimWorld 1.1.2552
You should update your Rimworld, updated mods require mosttimes latest Rimworld builds too.

QuoteMod Interaction Bubbles: targetVersion field is obsolete, use supportedVersions instead
I think you use an old version of that mod too, i can't find any targetVersion at the current build of that mod.

Quote[Rimworld_dir]\Mods\RimWorld_CommonSense-master
[Rimworld_dir]\Mods\RimWorld_CommonSense-1.1.22
You should just keep the latest version of the same mods at your mods folder.

And you should delete 1.0 mods, even when you don't activate them, Rimworld browser throw them and put error/warnings at the log which increase the loading time.

But at first, update Rimworld (latest build even for DRM-free are 1.1.2598) that even could fix your problem.

Orion

@Moogie: I can't reproduce the problem with the helmet. Looks like you're using a mod that breaks royalty titles / required equipment in some way.

WhiteDevil

Having problems on Toshiba satellite laptop with 2gig ram.
Most other mods are working fine tho, fps stable, etc

Will provide crash log asap (laptop not connected to internet) but in the interim here's what is happening;

Mod is detected fine in mod setup
Rimworld is v.1.1.2567

Game will load to map screen then instant crash (when using about 30 mods)
* Stripping back to just hospitality (and it's required core, jecs or hugs or w/ever it's called) will load map and complete "colonists arrive via drop pods" procedure, bypassing the usual instant crash, but there is no HUD to be seen at all & the key'b is unresponsive.. curiously here, I was able to scroll the map with the arrow keys AND generate a player log (which I'm having trouble uploading here with the laptop currently not connected to the internet)

I am wondering if this is a possible (lack of) memory problem, as the mod loader mod doesn't work properly for me either..

I have laboriously struggled with configurations for days 🙂, slowly reloading the game, restarting the laptop most times to have memory Available, using a game booster to strip away background processes etc, but to no avail..

I think it's probably a memory issue, but will try to get the crash log included here asap. The most recent player log is only 25kb down from a whopping 1,526kb so it seems like I'm slowly making progress but always hitting a snag on some nefarious line 35 in a GUIwrapper or some shiz.. again, I'll try to upload the details here asap..

Even though i can't use the mod, it seems to be exactly what I am looking for in my game experience so thanks for making it & I hope to be able to enjoy it sometime soon.

Are you still working on mods?
Also, do you have any tutorials available? You really seem to know how to pull all these things together 👍 cheers from Australia

CONFIRMED: RAM too low [hospitality mod working fine]
*possible clash with windows 7 operating system [mod manager, rimpy, et al, not working either]
May 2020