[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Hey, sorry to hear you struggling. That does sound like hell to fix.

If it's memory there is indeed nothing I can do for you. Are you using Royalty? Are you running 1.0 or 1.1?

In either case I recommend using 1.1. Please make sure that you are running the latest version of RimWorld, Harmony, HugsLib and Hospitality. See if that gets you anywhere.

I'm certainly still working on mods, among other things. But I never got around to making tutorials. There are already good some good ones and in the end, the only way is putting insane amounts of hours into it anyway.

I also have a Patreon site (see first page) if you want to follow things a bit more closely or support the work.

Anyway, let me know when you have uploaded the log somewhere. If you can't upload it directly, pastebin.com can be a good alternative.

Canute

QuoteRimworld is v.1.1.2567
At first you should try to update rimworld, 1.1.2598 is the latest DRM-free version.

2gb RAM is indeed, pretty low.
How does Rimworld crash ? Does it just end or give Rimworld a crash msg. ?
When you got a crash msg. you can check the error.log or player.log (can't remember which one of these you get the msg. since with 64bit version these issues are rare)
if you see "Out of memory" then rimworld crasbed by the low memory.

Does the game runs fine without mods ?
All mods are 1.1 and latest version ?
Does you have errors after mod activation/Rimworld start ?

WhiteDevil

Hello again & Ty for prompt reply,
Just to confirm & reiterate

Yes, using a 1.1 build (1.1.2567)
So far it has all been working fine, I only see errors when I fiddle around with mods, I've got a stable eclectic mix of mods running great without hospitality, such as battle mounts, expanded prosthetic, prison labour, megafauna, radiology, robots, security pack, industrial rollers & a few others including most of the qol mods like common sense & pickup & haul... All functioning fine so far on 2gb

All mods are 1.1 compliant and functional

The fatal crash that occurs (with all my mods are active) happens instantly- as soon as the drop pods that deliver the colonists should be arriving.. a windows error message pops up simply saying an error occurred.. it says windows is trying to milk a cat to gather info about the problem yadda yadda but it hangs & I have to Ctrl+alt+tab my way out.

The non fatal error occurs during the drop pod landing sequence when I try to use hospitality without any other mods.
This is where the colonists do actually land & the game does seem to run but there is no HUD & key'b is unresponsive (etc)
I have tried disabling rimHUD mod during this process also & it makes no difference..

I cannot provide an internal OS dump report as I cannot complete the procedure of winblows attempting to gather info, so cannot confirm a memory error just yet..
..however, going over the rimworld player log.txt report of this again now I see about 30 recurring lines of
Fallback handler could not load library c\blah blah\rimworld\rimworldwin_data\mono\data-093A0020.dll
and many more like that

There are also what appears to be Harmony doing patches on prison labour & parts of prison labour that I think the Dev has not completed but otherwise game is running fine at good fps constantly,
It is just the hospitality mod, which does seem extensive, and may be just a tad beyond my laptop's capabilities..

Maybe someone could confirm hospitality mod runs fine on similar specs? (2gb ram, mobile series 4 chipset gfx, windows 7 32-bit, dual core 2.4ghz CPU)

.. I'll try to upload the player log asap, just can't quite figure out how to transfer from laptop to here via Android device.. maybe a screenshot or two..
Thanks for your time
For your inspection in the twilight zone

wwWraith

Quote from: WhiteDevil on April 18, 2020, 11:34:01 PM
Having problems ...

I played RimWorld on win32 with 2GB RAM until Beta 0.18 with 200+ mods. Eventually I've bought 2 more GB and installed win64 - though probably it's not an option for your laptop - so can't tell exactly how it's with 2GB in 1.1. But after release it has got some good optimizations, so I don't think it should be more memory-hungry now. My current medium-sized colony at 3rd year uses about 1.6GB RAM - again with 200+ mods (including Hospitality), so with only 30 it should be much less, especially just after game start. And at least, if you can run vanilla RimWorld, Hospitality alone shouldn't make a critical difference in terms of memory usage.

My guess is that either you have some version mismatch(es) between your mods and RimWorld or some of them are installed incorrectly (or were accidentally damaged during your fixing attempts). I would advice you to redownload the latest versions of RimWorld and mods when you'll be able and make a clear install. Always make sure to delete folders with old versions before copying new ones (sometimes some files become obsolete and keeping them - if you just copy over the older version - can produce all kinds of weird errors).

A couple of advices from my experience for future: looks like loading a saved game keeps some memory busy, so probably it would be a good idea to quit and restart RimWorld periodically if you use loading often. Generating a new map is also a memory-hungry process, so you can try to start a new session with only minimum required mods (those which won't be possible to add painlessly into already started session later - read mods' descriptions and use a common sense), then save - quit to menu - add remaining mods - quit/restart - load your saved game. Playing on smaller maps, biomes with less animals and vegetation, easier difficulties (less often and smaller raids) could be smoother. Try to keep your base clean. Avoid mods adding a lot of graphic contents or new soundtracks (they take a lot of memory). And Runtime Game Cleaner mod can help in a prolonged gameplay (1.1 port: https://github.com/AirDeeEx/RimWorld-RuntimeGC/tree/1.1-Port-(minimum), more info in Steam comments).
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

QuoteYes, using a 1.1 build (1.1.2567)
So far it has all been working fine, I only see errors when I fiddle around with mods, I've got a stable eclectic mix of mods running great without hospitality, such as battle mounts, expanded prosthetic, prison labour, megafauna, radiology, robots, security pack, industrial rollers & a few others including most of the qol mods like common sense & pickup & haul... All functioning fine so far on 2gb

All mods are 1.1 compliant and functional
1.1 isn't allways 1.1, thats only the content. But bugfixes and adjustments are made too.
When a mod get updated, it want the proper rimworld version too most of the time. So when you update mods, you should update the base game too.

At first i don't think it is a memory issue at first, even when you just got 2GB RAM, windows can extend it by swaping it to the harddist until the 3.2 GB limit for 32bit system are reached.
You should open the taskmanger, then you can check how much memory Rimworld use.
I just looked at my actual game with normal map and 60 mods, Rimworld just use 800mb of RAM.
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/70cb095a1e9dcc921919168487a29ff8

I think more it is an issue with not updated Rimworld&mods together with modconflicts.
But without more information from your side, it is hard to tell.
At first do a Share log after you loaded your safegame (press CTRL-F12 or use the green "Share log" button at the log window) that give us your modlist and the logfile, similar to the link i posted before.
When Rimworld crashed, look at the area where the config and saves are
...AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios
and add the player.log to the answer (you need to use Reply button first to see file attachment options) maybe that log show a reason for the crash.

WhiteDevil

Thank you both for the advice, I had actually been doing most of those things 🙂
I suppose that's life then, innit? Things either work or they don't.
Will just upgrade to new machine over next few months.
Thank you for your help.

EDIT: hospitality mod working fine [went out & got a new 2nd-hand laptop with windows 10 64bit]  ::)
problem seemed to be low memory [sordid details left a few posts back.. happy hannukah & rimzeltov]

Orion

Seriously, I'm pretty sure it's not your machine but a botched installation.

You also said you ran Hospitality without any other mods. It does require HugsLib and Harmony or it won't work.

If you want to get files on your phone, plug it in via USB.

My suspicion (because I see it so often) is that your other mods already aren't compatible, but there are no game breaking symptoms. But when Hospitality is added to the mix it tips over and issues manifest.
Or, what others already said, your RimWorld version is too old for Hospitality. Download the latest 1.1 RimWorld, HugsLib, Harmony and see if that helps.

DrFred

Hi, I have problems with getting this mod to work. I have 1.1.2610, no Royalty DLC, only Harmony, HugsLib, and Hospitality. When I load a game file, all my pawns' names are just blurry bars and I can't click anything (screenshot, log). What I still could do is zooming, and pause and unpause the game, but pausing resulted in a black screen.
When I started a new game, the same basically happened, but I couldn't even pause or zoom, and the menus didn't appear. Also, my third colonist didn't spawn from their escape pod (screenshot, log).

I subscribed to the mod via Steam Workshop, restarted the game and my computer several times, and unsubscribed and re-subscribed to Hospitality, HugsLib and Harmony, restarted again etc. etc., but this kept occuring.
Then I unsubscribed to Hospitality on Steam, downloaded the mod from GitHub and put it into the Mods folder manually. Exactly the same stuff happened. I then decided to watch my colonists starve to death and the game was still autosaving (even though after the autosave was performed, the autosaving box didn't go away, as on this screenshot). Also, the game started slowing down significantly after the autosave, so I quit watching the starvation. Funnily enough, I could load this autosave after deactivating the Hospitality mod and everything was back to normal. My third colonist just didn't spawn from their pod, so I only had two colonists, and even though more than a day passed, they didn't even feel hungry or had mood debuffs for having slept in the heat, outside, or on the ground (see this screenshot).

I would appreciate some help with that, because I decided to run a colony with no adults, and an additional recruiting source would be awesome :D
Thanks! :)

Edit: On the savefile I wanted to use the mod, two visitors just entered tje map, one of them still being a teenager. This got me the idea to use the mod. But since I had a very similar thing occuring on a new game, I think/hope that's not relevant.
Also, I tried out one other mod that needs HugsLib and Harmony so far, and had no issues with that, so I guess it's not HugsLib or Harmony that cause the issue.

Orion

Thanks for the detailed report. It is quite puzzling.

However, since 1.1, disabled 1.0 mods can conflict with 1.1 mods (I know, the horror). So if you haven't yet, it might be worth a shot to clear out all 1.0 mods that you're not going to use.

DrFred

Hi, thanks for your incredibly quick reply.

I just tried that. The only other mod I ever had was Wall Lights, said to be compatible with 1.1 only, but I unsubscribed anyway to try it. The same thing as before happened when starting a new crashlanded colony, no menus, no zooming, no pausing, only two pods and colonists spawning, but at least my random pet was a horse.

Canute

DrFred,
when you only use harmony,hugslib and hospitality, there shouldn't be any error's at the log.
Could you please verify this ? To open the logwindow you need to enable the developer mode at the option, then the top left icon open the log window.
When you see any red text (errors) you should use the green "Share log" button and post the link you got.
You can try to manual delete the Data and Mods folder at the rimworld installation and let steam repair it. So you can be sure there are no old leftover files.

DrFred

Hi Canute,
the log is unfortunately full of red errors, it alternates all the way to the bottom between the two exceptions you can see on this screenshot. Here is the full log.
Hospitality is the only mod I ever manually put into my Mods folder. My Data folder only contains the Core folder and the Place official expansions here file. I'll try that though. If it won't work, I can reinstall the game, so, might as well try.

Edit: I just reinstalled the game completely, and the same thing keeps happening.

Sputax

I accidentally opened some sleep caskets and one of them became a guest. I might have killed them or arrested them, cant remember. Anyway they have completely disappeared from my colony but still show up in guest list. Any way to remove?

Canute

DrFred,
if you don't listen we can't help you. The screenshot is worthless since be barely can read any and it don't show the informations.
The complete reinstall is worthless, because steam don't delete old files/folder they don't belong to the actual release, but rimworld recognize them. So i said manual delete the installation.

Orion

@Dr Fred: Can you find the RimWorld folder in %appdata% > local > ludeon and rename it? This will reset options and mod settings that also survive reinstalling. Note that it also contains your savegames, if you're looking for them later. So don't delete it ;)

And yes, what Canute says is correct. When you uninstsll the game, there will probably be leftovers that you have to remove manually.

@Sputax: That sounds like a legit bug. I'm gonna add it to the list.