[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrFred

Okay, I miscommunicated a bit, my bad, sorry. I did delete the Data and Mods folders first (I also said I'd try that) and then reinstalled the game, because then Steam didn't do anything to repair the game and, unsurprisingly, I had a black screen instead of the main menu when starting the game. So I guess I had to reinstall it, but then there aren't any such leftovers.

I didn't have the folder you mentioned, but since you mentioned that it's the folder that contains my savegames, I renamed the folder that contains my savegames, which was C:\Users\[my username]\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios. After having renamed it, I started the game, I could load some slightly older savegames (perhaps from the Steam cloud), and after leaving the game, a new folder with this name containing these slightly older savegames was created.

The very same problem still occurs. When I loaded or started a game with the Hospitality mod directly after renaming that folder, I got the latest news on the mod popping up as if I used it for the first time though (also no surprise).

Canute

DrFred,
since you again didn't post a logfile we just can give you generell tips.
You should try at first to deactivate all mods and check if the base game starts well.
Don't forget to enable developer mode at the option, so you can open the logwindow with the top left icon.
But since you delete the Data folder and even old config's i don't await any problems. Maybe you need to restart Rimworld again, since when you deactivate mod, the log still show error's from the missing mods.
But when there are still got red text (errors) at the logwindow after you restart rimworld twice, there is something wrong with the installation. Then you should deinstall rimworld, manual delete the complete installation folder too.

Then activate harmony and hugslib at the proper loadorder, and check for error's after the activation.
Then activate hospitality.
Normaly it should happen any errors at the logwindow, but when any show up it would be good that you share the log.
At the location 1 folder above the safegames you will find the player.log (the original rimworld logfile) you should attach it to your answer. You need to use the Reply button first to see file attachment options.

DrFred

I shared two logs in my first post and then another one after you first wrote me, they're uploaded on GitHub, I shared the links. I didn't know you wanted me to share the logfiles as an attached file to my posts until now, but then I'll do that.

Canute

Sorry, but noone is looking at old posting at an ongoing conversation.
The log show that there is nothing wrong with the installation.

I just tried it myself with only harmony,hugslib and hospitality and don't have any errors.
https://gist.github.com/089f425bcd2e4a133ac00b998194fe44
But i don't use the latest rimworld release and not the scenario you use.
So it might be related to the latest rimworld release, but that need to investigate Orion self.

Orion

Well one thing worth noting is that Steam workshop mods are not stored in the mods folder. So if one of them is corrupted, then deleting the mods folder won't have any effect. You'll have to clear out that folder as well.
I don't know the path from the top of my head.

If you delete the contents, steam should download all the mods that you're subscribed to again.

wwWraith

Quote from: Canute on April 25, 2020, 06:55:47 AM
So it might be related to the latest rimworld release, but that need to investigate Orion self.

I don't think so, using RimWorld 1.1.2610 with Hospitality and 200+ other mods without such issues (though I have several other, but they are related only to some minor incompatibilities between other mods).

Comparing logs from DrFred and Canute I've noticed in the former: "XInput1_3.dll not found. Trying XInput9_1_0.dll instead...". Probably it can be related?

Quote from: Orion on April 25, 2020, 09:12:35 AM
Well one thing worth noting is that Steam workshop mods are not stored in the mods folder. So if one of them is corrupted, then deleting the mods folder won't have any effect. You'll have to clear out that folder as well.
I don't know the path from the top of my head.

The path to Steam mods should be like C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rimworld\Mods
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Orion

That's not the correct path. That's the path for manually installed mods.

DrFred

@Canute: Well, it appears like Orion and wwWraith have been looking at the logs that I shared. They're certainly not noone.
Anyway, I did all this in the steps you suggested. No errors without mods. No errors with Harmony and HugsLib. No errors in the main menu with Hospitality. When I started a new game the log window got filled with red. I didn't change to an older release, but I started a different scenario (lost tribe) this time and attached my log file here this time instead of providing the github link.

@Orion: I've found the folder where the mods are saved when one gets them via Steam Workshop, it's C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100
The mods are not saved in folders with the mod numes, but as numbers, Hospitality is 753498552. I deleted that one, then the game went into a black screen instead of the main menu after starting. After I unsubscribed from Hospitality on Steam Workshop, the game loaded normally again. The I put Hospitality from your github into the Mods folder for manual mod installation. It still doesn't run...

@wwWraith: Thanks, I just googled that, it's apparently related to DirectX, I updated it and now this part is not happening anymore. The folder you mentioned is the one for manual mod installation, the mods from Steam Workshop are in the folder I just mentioned.

@everyone: The log file I attached is from after I tried all these things. Like I said to Canute, I started a lost tribe scenario instead of a crashlanded scenario this time, and there are different exceptions popping up compared to my former logs.

wwWraith

Sorry about that path ;)

"Loaded file (Scenario) is from version 1.1.2598 rev1230, we are running version 1.1.2610 rev1054.": if you used a scenario that was edited and saved earlier, it can contain some references to stuff from other mods (apparently unavailable now) or something that was changed between 2598 and 2610 (ex. some naming, though the chances for this seem low). Have you tried to start a completely new game using an unedited official scenario?
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

DrFred

No worries :)
That's what I'm doing all the time, crashlanded and lost tribe are two of the four base game scenarios.

Sputax

@Orion

I just kept playing cus i didnt care that much and the person disappeared from the list of his own accord and i think came back again at a later date. So will probably solve itself if it happens again.

Cheers

Orion

@Dr Fred: There's an unfortunate new circumstance that will make this harder for you. A few days ago a mod breaking update was released for RimWorld and I haven't had time to update Hospitality accordingly yet.
This means there can be errors now due to this version mismatch.

Orion

About your log: I can't read it right now (since it's attached and not uploaded... I know), so I'll check it when I'm around a desktop PC again.

DrFred

No worries, take your time. If you have to update your mod due to the game update, then I'll just wait that out. Like I said in the beginning, I basically only want this mod for having one more recruitment source in my new juveniles-only colony.
Thank you so far!

Orion

Ah, the forum works again. The mod is updated. Still have to update the front page.