[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanao-kun

Lazla, why are you using the CCL Modder's Resource instead of the User Release version?

joaonunes

The traders and raiders should spawn with all the gear added by other mods... Are you loading CCL right after Core? It NEEDS to be right next to Core! Also check if you are using the user CCL instead of the modder one like Nanao said
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

LadyPanaz

I love this mod. I have noticed a glitch with joy. They do not interact with anything that allows for joy. So I had to remove this mod.

deathstar

A CR-friendly edition would be phenomenal. I have some issues with the smaller groups of visitors, selling them stuff causes them to just drop it if they cannot carry it and they keep removing their headgear and leave it lying around.

Ravayen

Bug report - Game running with hospitality only

If the negotiation skill is active on a colonist and there are no prisoner/visitor jobs the colonist will idle and not skip to the next ranking job priority even when surrounded by jobs he is able/selected to do.
E.g
Negotiaton at priority 1 cleaning at 2 (i know that both at 1 given the order will do the same), no negotiation tasks.....colonist will not clean but instead idle.

I have tested this with only hospitality mod and tested with vanilla it is not present in vanilla on my game atleast.

Orion

Quote from: Ravayen on May 19, 2016, 11:24:04 AM
Bug report - Game running with hospitality only

If the negotiation skill is active on a colonist and there are no prisoner/visitor jobs the colonist will idle and not skip to the next ranking job priority even when surrounded by jobs he is able/selected to do.
E.g
Negotiaton at priority 1 cleaning at 2 (i know that both at 1 given the order will do the same), no negotiation tasks.....colonist will not clean but instead idle.

I have tested this with only hospitality mod and tested with vanilla it is not present in vanilla on my game atleast.
Hm. This is interesting. I'll have to look into it. This should not happen.

Quote from: deathstar on May 19, 2016, 09:21:06 AM
A CR-friendly edition would be phenomenal. I have some issues with the smaller groups of visitors, selling them stuff causes them to just drop it if they cannot carry it and they keep removing their headgear and leave it lying around.
CR is really a tricky case. They added features that are essentially game breaking (they had to turn traders off because of this, I hear). I can look into it, but so far, I couldn't even get it to run together with my other mods.

Quote from: LadyPanaz on May 18, 2016, 07:19:53 PM
I love this mod. I have noticed a glitch with joy. They do not interact with anything that allows for joy. So I had to remove this mod.
That sounds like a conflict with another mod. Please find output_log.txt in your game folder and post it here, then I can take a look at what's wrong.

joaonunes

so much hate on CR... it is working fine to me, both CR and Hospitality plus the other 80 mods I have installed (one has a bug but since its not a compatibility problem it doesnt count for the current discussion) :P

IMO, the traders not being able to carry all the stuff you've sold to them could be fixed by implementing a limit based on weight capacity, but that would be CR's problem, not Hospitality's... right?
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

dareddevil7

Quote from: joaonunes on May 19, 2016, 12:04:31 PM
so much hate on CR... it is working fine to me, both CR and Hospitality plus the other 80 mods I have installed (one has a bug but since its not a compatibility problem it doesnt count for the current discussion) :P

IMO, the traders not being able to carry all the stuff you've sold to them could be fixed by implementing a limit based on weight capacity, but that would be CR's problem, not Hospitality's... right?
Maybe change code so muffalos are the only ones aloud to carry the trader's stock, and have them have a very big capacity.

Lazla

Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 17, 2016, 03:09:28 AM
Lazla, why are you using the CCL Modder's Resource instead of the User Release version?

Been tweaking things in vanilla settings so thought that there might be some files that i might need manually change to fit play style better.

vteam

Is it possible to limit the faction relationship loss during the initial couple of months? I keep having visitors and losing like 30 relation every time because I don't have any facilities for them.

LadyPanaz

It is over 20000 charters if you would like me to e-mail the output file I can do that. I have several games so I think it's quite large.

Orion

Quote from: LadyPanaz on May 20, 2016, 02:02:44 PM
It is over 20000 charters if you would like me to e-mail the output file I can do that. I have several games so I think it's quite large.
You can just attach the file here :)

Quote from: vteam on May 20, 2016, 01:18:20 AM
Is it possible to limit the faction relationship loss during the initial couple of months? I keep having visitors and losing like 30 relation every time because I don't have any facilities for them.
Of course it's possible. But unless your mod combination is broken, they should have very low expectations and generally walk away happy.

Quote from: Lazla on May 19, 2016, 02:28:41 PM
Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 17, 2016, 03:09:28 AM
Been tweaking things in vanilla settings so thought that there might be some files that i might need manually change to fit play style better.
You've installed CCL wrong, as far as I can tell. You don't have the right folder in your mods folder. I recommend either using the user version or reading the instructions very careful again.

Quote from: joaonunes on May 19, 2016, 12:04:31 PM

Nice that it all works for you!

Hospitality is spawning extra objects for visitors, without taking weight into consideration. Also it uses the vanilla way to spawn the trader, which already doesn't work with CR.

RagingLoony

As a quick and dirty fix for the visitors dropping the items due to weight when they spawn, would it be possible for me to add a single muffalo in visitors groups, as I've noticed any extra gear the pawn can't carry the muffalo will pick up and carry, and the muffalo essentially has an infinite carry weight. Just askinf if it;s possible and I'll look into trying to do it myself, if I'm successful I could post it here for others?

Orion

Update
1.13 - 22.05.2016
- factions will now become angry if visitors disappear in your region
- made compatible with Combat Realism
- fixed visitors without joy or comfort
- fixed visitors buying things that cost nothing
- now requires CCL!

It took long enough, here it is now. It now works with Combat Realism out of the box, no patch required. Visitors will spawn with backpacks and take bulk and weight limits into account. If you update, make sure you have CCL installed.

I only had limited time to test, so I couldn't go through all possible combinations of mods, events, etc. Please let me know if you get errors, and include screenshots of the error message.
If the game slows down or just acts weird, you have to enable developer mode and look for the errors in your console!

RagingLoony

Amazing! will test this out now, have a colony thats a few years in, will report any tomfoolery.