[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

@RyuuDZ: I don't know why that would happen. Could it be chance? Does it also happen with Hospitality turned off?
@Phaedris: It's possible, but it will take some time. If you know some programming you can probably do it yourself. The source is included with the mod.

str82azz

hey..
first off..really like the mod..:) adds so much life to g"rimworld..
although i would like if it was a bit harder to recruit visitors..
now..how could i set that the visitors still come during toxic fallout?since i play on a map with a permanent toxic fallout condition..

ThiIsMe007

Would you visit the area around Chernobyl or Fukujima as a merchant, just so you can make a couple of "silver" ? Probably not (unless you know it's going to be really extra-profitable), so why should the AI ?

I think that comes with the (self-inflicted) challenge of a perma-toxic fallout situation.

Might be just me, but changing that would be a bit like playing a scenario on an ice sheet, with all your colonists starting decked out in muffalo/alpaga gear.

str82azz

well..i think in vanilla visitors still come during toxic fallout..so its a hospitality mod thing..
not that its a bad thing..i generally like it..just not in this scenario..
besides merchants still come..so..dont see why visitors shouldnt..they might get caught up in it..
who really cares why i want it this way..its a game anyways..many things dont make sense..
now its just like mod is not even installed..

Orion

Yeah previously I was begged to stop visitors from coming during a fallout event because they would die and you'd lose relationship with them.
I guess in a perfect world all these little things should be options you can change, but to be honest I think my time is better invested elsewhere than super specific cases that are only beneficial for one single player's one single playthrough.

str82azz

didn't really want you to change anything :)
i actually prefer they dont come during fallouts..(or raids for that matter)
i often play on ice sheet where they usually die anyways..
was just wondering if there was some simple thing i could change in xml for this particular playthrough..guess its not :)
thx anyway and keep up the good work

p.s. - would be nice if traders hang out in the visitors lounge as well (or trade spot)..because apparently their favorite spot is in front of turrets during raids..
guess some sort of trade spot was suggested many times

Orion

Yeah, they're hanging out there for vanilla balancing reasons, I believe. Right now I do think it calls for a different mod to do this. I already know, should I add it, people will ask me if I can't split it off ::)

mrclopes

Quote from: Oragepoilu on August 02, 2016, 10:38:05 AM
Hello.

Bug : pawn do not get the moodlet / though "impressive bedroom" (or any other bedroom though).

I have quite some mods, but after some test (note : mod are used from the workshop) :
-Last version of CCL alone : no bug
-Last version of CCL and Hospitality : bug

Checked on brand new save each time by creating a room in godmod with a door and a royal gold double bed. Impressivness of the room is "impressive", if I use the tool in game to read the stats of the room.

Can you please look at it ? I cannot even remove this mod from my save as it broke compatibility, and loosing +5 (ore more) perma mood is a hard hit.

ps : this happen from the last few days, before I was having the though for my pawn, along with special though for having too impressive or not enough impressive, depending of the trait, like usual)

I have the same problem, however "impressive bedroom" though works normal on visitors, but not on colonists and prisoners. I noticed this bug after placing an extra bed on a "greedy" pawn room. The room was extremely impressive and if it was not bad enough to lose a +9 mood bonus it also give the greedy a penalty of -8 by not having an impressive bedroom, making the game constantly warn me about his low mood...

It also cause problems with jealous trait, if you have more than one colonist with this trait it's good idea to make them share the same bedroom, but with this bug, they would not get the bonus, but also get the penalty though... the only temporary solution I found for this is by editing the core defs and add a cheat bonus for shared bedrooms instead.

Orion

xau

re:bedroom impressiveness thoughts

In Detours/ThoughtWorker_*Impressiveness.cs (3 places), after the guest stuff and before the default stuff, there's a line like:
Quoteif (p.ownership != null || p.ownership.OwnedBed == null) return ThoughtState.Inactive;

I think that != is supposed to be an ==. Changing them seems to have fixed it for me. Hope this helps, thanks for including source.

Orion

Ah, thanks! I'll include it in the next update.

Adventurer

Orion I applied the fix and recompiled it, is it okay I attach the fixed file here?

Orion

Sure, go ahead! I'll integrate it soon, though.

Zakhad

Create leaderFactionLord Null reference? I'm not sure if this is hospitality's fault I'm just asking for a bit of help is the errorlog pointing towards a factionleader "diying?" and a replacement is trying to be made with invalid equipment in this case a backpack?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Orion

Quote from: Zakhad on August 15, 2016, 05:15:30 PM
Create leaderFactionLord Null reference? I'm not sure if this is hospitality's fault I'm just asking for a bit of help is the errorlog pointing towards a factionleader "diying?" and a replacement is trying to be made with invalid equipment in this case a backpack?
Looks like you're using Combat Realism... it changes so much stuff, I don't even know where to begin fixing it (again). Both mods definitely don't work well together (again).