[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

I like the idea of this, but I think you should consider making it more about building amenities to actually make your colony appealing to passing visitors, if that's possible.

Grogfeld

Quote from: prongssage on March 14, 2015, 10:41:50 AM
I have those mods (except scars removal ability) plus some. Which Prosthetics mod are you using?

It's Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering there's also Fixbone, FixScar, RecoilCompensation, In-Game Clock, Pawn State Icons Mod, RimEffectShield, Modular Tables, Never stop looking, Priorityhaul, Stonecutting Tweak.

So there are possibilities that all are messing up, but as I noticed before, problem started one second after I convinced guest to stay, that's why I wrote that note. I could try remove all mods and start new game but I'm to sick to play now :) Maybe later.

EDIT: I've load mod as last one and started new colony on a new planet (same as before) and spawn a villager from debug menu, and every thing is fine for now, so cheers :D

Orion

Quote from: Grogfeld on March 14, 2015, 10:31:18 AM
Love this idea!
But (tm)... ;)
As we see on screenshot this guy is worth how much, 300 silver? Because of comm console for that much silver you can improve relations, am I right? Maybe it should cost additional silver or even gold to? You know, as a bribe to that guest or faction.
Yeah, only 600 silver, for someone expensive, close to none for someone who got properly hurt (it scales with their usefulness). But I also don't think outright war is justified, just for getting someone to join you. In reality it might even improve relationships if you have several members of their group in yours (they're probably still buddies with people from there).

On the other hand, it's a lot cheaper than a slaves trader.

I might be able to override how the comm console works, though. For example some sort of escalating pricing model: first relationship improvement with a faction is 300 silver, 2nd = 400, 3rd = 600, 4th = 900, 5th = 1300, etc.

Quote from: Kaballah on March 14, 2015, 10:46:53 AM
I like the idea of this, but I think you should consider making it more about building amenities to actually make your colony appealing to passing visitors, if that's possible.
I was thinking about that too, which is why I gave the mod this name. I want to allow the player to improve relationships by treating the visitors well. I won't be able to turn the game into Hotel Tycoon, but maybe you will at least be able to offer them a bed or something to eat.

re1wind

I really like this concept,

but...300 gold for a colonist is very cheap. Its a great start but the whole trading and relationship mechanic needs a bit more depth. Relationships and trust takes time to build up, its not something you normally get by paying them.

i.e. when a faction group leaves your area with a "well treated" flag, long-term reputation with that faction increases by 10. Once the value reaches 100, you can temporarily hire their visitors for mundane tasks, like hauling, cutting, a bit of research, etc. etc. but they're never quite "your" colonists. Hiring labour basically.

Dragoon

Quote from: re1wind on March 15, 2015, 12:10:54 AM
300 gold for a colonist is very cheap.

By the light man how much gold do you have?! Gold is expensive as heck. No way is it cheap unless you only played alpha 9.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Grogfeld

Quote from: Orion on March 14, 2015, 07:42:46 PM
Yeah, only 600 silver, for someone expensive, close to none for someone who got properly hurt (it scales with their usefulness). But I also don't think outright war is justified, just for getting someone to join you. In reality it might even improve relationships if you have several members of their group in yours (they're probably still buddies with people from there).

Oh, that's how you see it. I don't know if that kind of action should help with relations. I see this like a Mad Max world, when groups of people try to survive and every pair of hands are priceless. Even now I've started with 3 colonists and 2 of them are over 60 years old with cataracts and bad backs and they are frail, and I need them. Even if I will have 12 younger they will be part of my community.

So maybe relations should make worse in short time, because of emotional, impulsive thinking of their group leaders, but in the longer period those who staid with you could help.

One event could happen when you steal someone. When relations are negative, an attack of pirates is triggered. Leader of tribe, or colony bribe them to attack your colony.

I might be able to override how the comm console works, though. For example some sort of escalating pricing model: first relationship improvement with a faction is 300 silver, 2nd = 400, 3rd = 600, 4th = 900, 5th = 1300, etc.

Great idea, simply and elegant.

@Dragoon
Probably silver not gold is what he thought.

daft73

Quote from: Dragoon on March 15, 2015, 08:26:44 AM
Quote from: re1wind on March 15, 2015, 12:10:54 AM
300 gold for a colonist is very cheap.

By the light man how much gold do you have?! Gold is expensive as heck. No way is it cheap unless you only played alpha 9.
Yes my guess is that he/she means the 300 silver currancy..."gold" is sooo common in every other game on the  planet, so it was most likely just wrong term use.

Orion

Quote from: re1wind on March 15, 2015, 12:10:54 AMbut...300 gold for a colonist is very cheap.
You are also making the assumption that it will just work. But many choices, especially those that have high difficulty, you might not be able to recruit, or only with suffering more relationship penalties.
If that's not enough, I could add that if the convinced colonists are not doing well in your colony (low mood), they eventually decide to go back to their previous faction.
Not sure I really like this option, though.

imuteyou

"guest does not like it here" status: how do I fix the place?

Orion

Essentially it comes down to their mood. So if you have dirt / blood around, corpses, cramped spaces, etc. they will not like it. The social skill of your colonist will determine if he can improve their mood by talking or if it will get worse.

Asfalto

SixChambers

Nice, I want this in my game, simply so I can annoy my allies by being Mr Steal Yo Colonist

BlueFreakQ

Hello,

Thank you for making this!  It is something I have always thought was missing from the base game and finally brings some purpose (and possible consequences) to visitors.

veryinky

I was thinking about that too, which is why I gave the mod this name. I want to allow the player to improve relationships by treating the visitors well. I won't be able to turn the game into Hotel Tycoon, but maybe you will at least be able to offer them a bed or something to eat.
Some Hotel Tycoon ish feature would be nice though, like a Inn setting for beds, like Colonist, Prisoner, Inn and they'd drop silver based on the quality of the room. Or the ability to sell meals to them. Some kind of "Inn" sign that works like a trade beacon? Or, a zone definition which overlaps a table&stools, food stockpile, and bed?

I'm not entirely sure what Visitors are supposed to be for right now, they just wander around the map for a bit, eat their own food, then leave.

Dragoon

They talk to your colonist if they are close I think it helps build relationships and if you come under attack a few extra heads aren't bad.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.