[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaatu

Bug:
When checking to recruit a guest, and the guest dies during recruitment attempts, the wardens attempting to recruit will be stuck in an infinite loop having no one to recruit while 'attempting to recruit'.

I had to revert back 3 days worth of saves before I noticed my wardens were stuck, and not even forced recruitment will move them.

You need to add a check to break out of this recruitment loop.

Orion

Quote from: Klaatu on March 23, 2015, 04:05:13 AM
You need to add a check to break out of this recruitment loop.
Thanks for pointing this out. I'm looking into it.

Orion

Changelog
1.01 - 23.03.2015
- You can choose to improve the relationship with a visitor's faction
- Improving relationships with factions using silver gets increasingly more expensive
- Fixed various problems

LInfo

adding russian translate in mod

[attachment deleted due to age]

Zipko

[BUG]My colonist tried to recruit a guest a few times , and what happened is i get a message on the left that she failed, but the envelope on the right says that she successfully recruited him. This happened a few times in a row, and every time relations with his faction would go down, but he would not be recruited, eventually they became hostile, and i had to knife him, capture him, and recruit him as prisoner. I have quite a few mods (50+, i am testing a lot of them , deciding which ones im gonna use) , so any of them could be interfearing, so i will report back when i reduce number of mods, and try to find out if this happens again.

Orion

Quote from: Zipko on March 24, 2015, 08:22:17 AM
[BUG]My colonist tried to recruit a guest a few times , and what happened is i get a message on the left that she failed, but the envelope on the right says that she successfully recruited him. This happened a few times in a row, and every time relations with his faction would go down, but he would not be recruited, eventually they became hostile, and i had to knife him, capture him, and recruit him as prisoner. I have quite a few mods (50+, i am testing a lot of them , deciding which ones im gonna use) , so any of them could be interfearing, so i will report back when i reduce number of mods, and try to find out if this happens again.
From what I can tell you're using an old version of the mod. Please try the latest one, hopefully the problem is solved then. But with so many mods, there's really no guarantee if it will work or not.

Zipko

Quote from: Orion on March 24, 2015, 09:03:33 AM
Quote from: Zipko on March 24, 2015, 08:22:17 AM
From what I can tell you're using an old version of the mod. Please try the latest one, hopefully the problem is solved then. But with so many mods, there's really no guarantee if it will work or not.
Uh, yes, i just noticed that there is a newer version, i will try that first. May i suggest that you add a release date next to version number in title, most mod threads use that pattern, and it is much easyer (at least for me) to know if you have the latest version.

Dewion

Hey I just got this game, tried it a bit and then went look for mods to flesh it out.

I'm having strange issue. When i try to recruit crash survivor, game just spams "was successful" and the survivor won't show up on my list.

I'm using bunch of other mods, including "prison improvements" is that the problem?

If it is, anyway to make them work together, or do I have to choose? :D
And i would like to get the fix to my current game, I really hope it possible.

Dewion

I tried to merge the mods but it didn't work, anyone willing to help?

T-Wrecks

Is it possible to make it so that your colonists are only allowed to recruit or chat with each vistor once? That way when the visitors leave your colonists wont go running off after them. I have lost multiple colonists in this fashion. Lol.

L.Max

after i updated this mod from the previous version i get a colorful screen of death spamming red "squad brain AI" lines

it was the only mod i updated between saving and loading my colony

i had no recruit orders in my saves and tried several saves

i have attached my installed mod list (only a few aren't active and they are all updated to latest version)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dewion

Quote from: L.Max on March 26, 2015, 10:39:03 AM
after i updated this mod from the previous version i get a colorful screen of death spamming red "squad brain AI" lines

it was the only mod i updated between saving and loading my colony

i had no recruit orders in my saves and tried several saves

i have attached my installed mod list (only a few aren't active and they are all updated to latest version)

Hey, I see you also use PrisonImprovements mod, is it active?
Have you been able to recruit people with it?

Btw, I have been in impression that updating mods or at least removing or adding them brakes saved games, is that so?

L.Max

Quote from: Dewion on March 26, 2015, 01:11:19 PM

Hey, I see you also use PrisonImprovements mod, is it active?
Have you been able to recruit people with it?

Btw, I have been in impression that updating mods or at least removing or adding them brakes saved games, is that so?

i usually update mods for the same colony unless they warn or state they are not save friendly. i added this mod after creating this colony and worked fine. Depending of the mod, some can be removed between saves as well

i have that mod active, but the recruiting it does is enslaving prisoners with collars, i don't know if that counts lol

also i started a new test colony and it works fine. but i noticed though that the Warden role is now called something else?

can i have the previous version package so i can finish my original colony? (note to myself: i will keep the outdated mods packages from now on, just in case)

LustrousWolf

BUg when I recruit a guest they will always have there weapon out. Even after drafting u drafting and shooting. It doesn't affect anything it's just it seems odd for them to be sowing a potato plant whilst holding a gun expecting the plant to attack him. Also when I tried to improve faction relationship he got then hostile against me in like 5 mins. He was social 6 and wasn't doing very well. Went from faction relationship 40 to -40. Rebalance? :o

Javis

Bug report:

I dunno if this is intended, but in my installation, whenever someone succeeds improving relations, the "improved" person gets a x3 *debuff* to their mood, and when they fail, they get a x3 *buff*.

Mod list:

EdB mod order; less incident trolling; advanced lamps; biodiversity; can I brew it?; defensive that colony!; EdB interface; Hospitality 1.01; thingamajigs; temperature control; shaped charge; seasonal wardrobe; RTGs v1.11; powerswitch; outfitter; combat realism core; rimworld PSIv03c; Tmods- core crop tweaks, expanded cloth, expanded crops; expanded prosthetics & organ engineering; vein miner; priorityhaul; more designators; modular tables v1.43; mediXP; more vanilla turrets; nu metals; bulk meals; ice sheet and harsher tundra; winter is here; log wall stuffed v1.21; crash landing.

Running Alpha 9.725.