[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Quote from: thenightgaunt on April 22, 2015, 11:13:00 AM
Thank you! I've been waiting for this mod to update to A10 ever since it hit. While not having this mod didn't stop me from updating to A10, it's absence has been felt every time I've loaded up the game.
It's like having an iPod in your car. You get so used to listening to whatever you want when driving that when you forget it you find every little thing on the radio just annoys the hell out of you.
Thanks! It's comments like these that make it worth putting all the hours into maintaining a mod!

Quote from: LordShotGun on April 22, 2015, 03:43:34 PM
It's probably something to do with my own modlist since I have a bunch, but when I recruited a visitor successfully, my game slowed down to a crawl. No idea what the issues is, but I love the concept of your mod!
Do you guys get any messages in your console? I will try and see what could be causing this...

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 24, 2015, 05:52:41 PM
I've yet to recruit anyone.  I only attempt to recruit visitors in the 60's or below range for recruitment.

When I try to recruit, it says something to the effect of "recruited with his smooth etc" and a 91 percent for success, but not one visitor has ever joined.  I also use several of my wardens to try to recruit.  So I don't know why it's a success since nobody joins.

What am I doing wrong or is it just very, very rare for them to join?
The recruitment difficulty is how high their mood has to be for them to join (aka how much they like being at your place). Every successful convincing effort will improve their mood, so eventually it may be high enough. So unless your place is very awesome, I'd try even easier targets than 60. Some visitors are grumpy from the get go (e.g. wounded), so they'll be harder to begin with.

Ninefinger

this is a great mod i hope you can work out the kinks soon i would really like to add it to my modpack, some things that need a look into are visitors not properly being recruited even though it says that its been successful and the lag issues reported by others earlier.

keep up the good work man! :D

Orion

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 26, 2015, 07:27:32 AM
this is a great mod i hope you can work out the kinks soon i would really like to add it to my modpack, some things that need a look into are visitors not properly being recruited even though it says that its been successful and the lag issues reported by others earlier.

keep up the good work man! :D
Unfortunately I can't reproduce the lag - it must be a combination with another mod that I'm not using. The other issue is coming down to lack of clarity. I've addressed it in the latest version - now the recruiting difficulty reflects the circumstances and the efforts already put into the person and thus keeps changing. E.g. if they're feeling really bad it might go up to 100, saying you probably won't have a chance to convince them at all, or as low as 0, saying you just need to try a few times to get them around.

Coming soon :)

perzhenie

it has a bug(fo me at least):
if more than one colonnist are persuading guests to join, and they do, than the colonnists who were in the middle of negotiations just freeze :/

I included message from console in the screenshot.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Addhatic

Quote from: perzhenie on April 27, 2015, 06:00:30 PM
it has a bug(fo me at least):
if more than one colonnist are persuading guests to join, and they do, than the colonnists who were in the middle of negotiations just freeze :/

I included message from console in the screenshot.

having the same problem with same debug lines plz fix. love the mod by the way :D

Kolljak

I think the lag issue might be their map size if you play on any size that has the warning on it when you have a full fledge base and their is fire or rain it might have huge fps reduction ive been having this not persay with this mod but with the core game in general. with any 1 mod installed

Pursuit

This looks like a great mod and started out working great for me.
The only mod I had installed was EdB Interface.
When the colony began recruiting I had some lag, but when someone was finally recruited it got much worse with both the recruit and the recruiter freezing. The new recruit didn't even register on EdB's Colonist Status Bar.
The lag continued until I used developer mode to destroy the frozen pawns.
I tested it again after disabling EdB and had the same outcome of frozen recruit and recuiter, but with worse lag than before.

Sorry to have to report a problem but I hope it gets fixed. This looks like it would be a great addition to my play through. You've done a good job balancing the pros and cons of recruiting from other factions.
Avail Pursuit's YouTube Channel
Now get on with your Pursuit!

Ninefinger

Quote from: Pursuit on April 29, 2015, 04:43:02 AM
This looks like a great mod and started out working great for me.
The only mod I had installed was EdB Interface.
When the colony began recruiting I had some lag, but when someone was finally recruited it got much worse with both the recruit and the recruiter freezing. The new recruit didn't even register on EdB's Colonist Status Bar.
The lag continued until I used developer mode to destroy the frozen pawns.
I tested it again after disabling EdB and had the same outcome of frozen recruit and recuiter, but with worse lag than before.

Sorry to have to report a problem but I hope it gets fixed. This looks like it would be a great addition to my play through. You've done a good job balancing the pros and cons of recruiting from other factions.

Hope that this gets fixed, i would really like to be able to add this to my Ultimate Overhaul Modpack! But in its current state im afraid i am going to have to wait, im not inclined force this situation upon people, but this is an excellent mod!

Orion

Changelog
1.04 - 30.04.2015
- fixed exception when multiple colonists try to recruit the same person
- changed display of recruit difficulty: now shows how much convincing is still necessary

The new version should take care of the freezing or exceptions when recruiting. I encountered lag occasionally, but I can't connect it back to this mod.
I also changed how difficulty is displayed. It now takes into account how much effort you've already put into the target. So it'll slowly approach 0, at which point it's just a matter of luck + social skill to turn the person around.

porkchops

The newest version gives me a 404 error while trying to download.

Ninefinger

Awesome! Thanks for the update, link is still broken, but thanks for the update none the less!

Orion

Ninefinger

Quote from: Orion on April 30, 2015, 05:10:08 AM
My bad, I botched the upload in the background ::)

no worries, Thanks for the update!

Ienkoron

If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

Ninefinger

Quote from: Ienkoron on April 30, 2015, 09:04:41 AM
Yup I'm getting the 404 too :/

that's weird i just downloaded the update a couple minutes ago.

i just uploaded it to my dropbox here is the updated version https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tmh187qlmritpt/Hospitality%201.04.zip?dl=0