[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigan

Quote from: Orion on May 05, 2015, 03:01:27 AM
Thanks everyone for providing feedback!

Quote from: Daman453 on May 03, 2015, 09:27:53 PM
I have a bug, When i got a guest to join me, when i put it to 3X speed, it lags like a mofo. Resetting the game does nothing, but 2X speed works good.
I'm after this one, but I can't locate the source of the problem. For all I know I'm doing things correctly when joining new pawns, so I really don't know what other system is interfering. Also my computer is pretty fast, so I can't even tell when it would lag for other people :-\

This one is probably the same bug.  I've noticed that if I slow down the speed of the game, everything seems to be running at its normal pace - probably because it has more time to process the errors at a slower rate, while maintaining everything else at the same speed.  When the game is sped up, there are 3x more errors happening at one time, while also having to keep track of all the data from the colonists' actions on a regular basis.  This would cause much more lag as the machine can't keep up.

Either way, it's hard to reproduce simply because it doesn't happen all that often.  I, however, use Edb Interface as well.  I use a lot of other mods too, but Edb Interface is at least in common with our previous poster here.  It might be a slight incompatibility.  As well, maybe if there was a check for such an error, and a resulting cancellation of the action, that might fix our problem.  I'm not sure how you would go about doing that, but then again I'm not really a modder.  :(  I wish I could help you more.

Other than this one game-breaking glitch, this mod is awesome and I look forward to this little wrinkle eventually being ironed out!  Thank you very much for your hard work.

buder5

somEthing wrong the link to the version 1.0.4a lead to the version 1.0.4 know why?

Orion

Quote from: buder5 on May 06, 2015, 08:21:20 PM
somEthing wrong the link to the version 1.0.4a lead to the version 1.0.4 know why?

Sorry, laziness on my part, I guess. The archive 1.04 is the correct one (it contains 1.04 now). Nothing goes unnoticed around here ;)

Quote from: Sigan on May 06, 2015, 06:53:56 PM
This one is probably the same bug.  I've noticed that if I slow down the speed of the game, everything seems to be running at its normal pace -
Once you start getting errors, the game will lag a lot - this is normal, the error messages collect a lot of information. So once you start getting them, you can better load an old savegame.

I also use EdB Interface. Strangely I can't recreate the problem. But I'll look into it again this weekend.

Sigan

Quote from: Orion on May 07, 2015, 06:36:10 PM

Quote from: Sigan on May 06, 2015, 06:53:56 PM
This one is probably the same bug.  I've noticed that if I slow down the speed of the game, everything seems to be running at its normal pace -
Once you start getting errors, the game will lag a lot - this is normal, the error messages collect a lot of information. So once you start getting them, you can better load an old savegame.

I also use EdB Interface. Strangely I can't recreate the problem. But I'll look into it again this weekend.

... and yet.... it would appear you have not!  LoLz...   :P

mathwizi2005

Would it be possible to extend the capability of Hospitality to allow construction of usable 'Guest Rooms' ?

Orion

Quote from: Sigan on May 10, 2015, 09:29:17 PM
Nope, can't reproduce it, so with fixes I'm just shooting in the dark :-\

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on May 10, 2015, 11:22:01 PM
Would it be possible to extend the capability of Hospitality to allow construction of usable 'Guest Rooms' ?
It would be possible, I'd love to do it, but these days it's a task too big for me to tackle, sorry.

Sigan

Quote from: Orion on May 11, 2015, 06:18:34 AM
Quote from: Sigan on May 10, 2015, 09:29:17 PM
Nope, can't reproduce it, so with fixes I'm just shooting in the dark :-\

Understandable.  I wish I could be of more assistance, but right now I'm not running it because... well, it wrecks a save game :P  Although... I could probably pull up one of my old ones and post the error log... somehow.  Would that help?

Orion

From the previous error logs I couldn't gather much information.

More interesting would be which mods you used when it happened and the exact circumstances... like, a step by step procedure to reproduce it.

You did encounter the problem again with 1.04a, right? And I don't mean loading a borked savegame...

Orion

Changelog
1.04b - 13.05.2015
- tried to fix exception when multiple colonists try to recruit the same person (again)

Could you guys please give this new version a spin and give me the log if an exception happens again?

Pursuit

Testing looks very good. I've run it through 2 groups of visitors, recruiting with 5 negotiators at a time. I've managed to recruit 7 colonists. No lag, no freezing, and no colonist malfunctions after successful recruiting.

I'll let you know if I have any problems but it appears that you fixed the issues I was having.

Thanks!
Avail Pursuit's YouTube Channel
Now get on with your Pursuit!

AllenWL

Is this compatible with pre-existing save games? I've always had that moment when I can't afford to make any more enemies, and a young, healthy visitor with stats that are just perfect comes by....

Orion

It definitely is compatible. It can be added any time.

Sigan

Just saw this.  I'll test it out.  The scenario before to make it happen was just designating the visitors for recruitment through your mod's interface.  I usually have several wardens/socializers set up and, if they don't have anything else going on, they all attempt converting the visitor at the same time - not waiting for one another, and not reserving the potential recruit for one colonist.  It would be like them all trying to haul the same stone at the same time.

Anyway, once one recruits the visitor successfully, the others all get stuck.  If there's just one other colonist attempting, only one colonist gets stuck.  I have had two stuck at once before, but really it could be 20, I believe, if they were all attempting conversion at the time of one's success.

I'll test this out.  Thanks for your hard work :)

Orion

If it still doesn't work, reserving is probably the solution. Thanks!

neadlak

Reserving wouldn't be -too- bad. You'd want to adjust the numbers a bit so that one colonist still stands a chance of success in the timeframe of a visit... but otherwise it work.

But of course, HOPEFULLY we won't see any more problems and it won't be necessary! :D