[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigan

This has been working for me with no problems.  All the same mods are being used, nothing has changed other than your update.  Thank you :)

taze

how do we designate a place where all guests gather?
my guests keep gathering on my kill-zone and my automatic turret keep shredding them to to bits whenever a mad animals or raids happens in the same time as their arrival, and that make factions hates me D:

Orion

Right now it's using RimWorld's mechanism for determining that place. One day I'll add a zone that you can define which they'll use.

nmid

Hi,
Thanks for this mod.. I have read the last 4 pages and see you have updated your mod to solve the many colonists talking/recruiting to guests at the same time which could lead to them getting stuck.
Nice.
I am using the version that's in ninefinger's Overhaul modpack.
The problem I'm facing is that even though I'm getting a successful recruitment message (and the corresponding fall in faction goodwill), the new recruit doesn't join my colony but stays as a part of the other faction.

This is for the IGDB faction, so could that be a reason?

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Orion

Strange!

The faction should not matter. I'm using pretty much the same code for recruiting as when you convert prisoners. I also don't know if there were any changes for the overhaul modpack.

LanMc

Quote from: nmid on June 02, 2015, 01:35:02 AM
Hi,
Thanks for this mod.. I have read the last 4 pages and see you have updated your mod to solve the many colonists talking/recruiting to guests at the same time which could lead to them getting stuck.
Nice.
The problem I'm facing is that even though I'm getting a successful recruitment message (and the corresponding fall in faction goodwill), the new recruit doesn't join my colony but stays as a part of the other faction.

Were they from a Trading party - that could have been added by using Miscellaneous w MAI?  I saw that Ninefinger had added it to his mod pack... 

I have had this issue arise but only when trying to recruit a pawn from the trading group.  And it didn't happen every time. 

Hope this helps.
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

gruhfuss

Love, love love this mod - do you have plans to update this for A11? This is probably my number one missing thing right now in the game.

Orion

Quote from: gruhfuss on June 16, 2015, 08:01:12 PM
Love, love love this mod - do you have plans to update this for A11? This is probably my number one missing thing right now in the game.
Thanks! That's really nice to hear!

I'm first going to update my MoreMechanoids mod to A11, then it's this one's turn again.

r4ky

Quote from: Orion on June 17, 2015, 05:32:41 AM
Quote from: gruhfuss on June 16, 2015, 08:01:12 PM
Thanks! That's really nice to hear!

I'm first going to update my MoreMechanoids mod to A11, then it's this one's turn again.

Can't wait :) your mod if one of my favorite!

Keep up the great work!  ;D

LanMc

Quote from: r4ky on June 17, 2015, 06:36:39 AM
Can't wait :) your mod if one of my favorite!

Keep up the great work!  ;D

Ditto, one of my favs too!!!

Ninefinger

Quote from: nmid on June 02, 2015, 01:35:02 AM
Hi,
Nice.

Sorry for late response to this but i just noticed this now and some factions are set to <appreciative>false</appreciative> which i think causes them to not gain reputation with them even if you were to send them gifts etc. since sending those types of factions gifts i think is disabled this mod adds the function to interact with the people directly bypassing any blocks made to prevent you from attempting to increase those types of factions reputation thus making it pointless to try to recruit those types of factions but it will not be evident without knowing if a faction is set that way or not.

nmid

thx for the reply.. I'll check in my next play through.
Stopped recruiting now that I have my droids and 15 colonists. Don't want more :)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Orion

A11 version!

Changelog
1.05 - 23.06.2015
- Converted for Alpha 11
- Known bugs: sometimes colonists that are not set to be Warden will engage visitors

nmid

YES!
ps - can i use this on an existing save?

edit - yup.

LanMc