Quote from: Orion on July 12, 2015, 12:44:20 PM
Okay, I fixed the discovered bugs:

Changelog
1.06b - 12.07.2015
- fixed error with new colonies
- fixed error when visitors gets attacked

+1 Rep!! Thanks for the fix Orion!!

theapolaustic1

Posted this in the UO thread, Nine said he thinks it's an issue with the hospitality mod and recommended I post it here for you to look into.

In short: Trying to have a "friendly chat" with a prisoner who can't walk leads to a bajillion errors populating the log, and a colonist who just stands in place until he gets a different job to do.

[attachment deleted due to age]

MrBeTrayed

Quote from: theapolaustic1 on July 13, 2015, 12:12:58 PM
Posted this in the UO thread, Nine said he thinks it's an issue with the hospitality mod and recommended I post it here for you to look into.

In short: Trying to have a "friendly chat" with a prisoner who can't walk leads to a bajillion errors populating the log, and a colonist who just stands in place until he gets a different job to do.

Looking at the text in the capture screenshot, doesn't it say "Norbal"?  which is the factions mod (_here_), I would go over there and mention this error also, as it may be an issue with that mod not playing nicely (or a combination of them both).

Leucetius

It just means he's trying to convince a prisoner of the norbal race. Doesn't necessarily mean, it's connected with the Norbal mod - but doesn't rule Hospitality as the culprit out either. Please send me your ull output_log.txt per PN or at least, when posting another screenshot of the errormessages, click one of them so that the errorstack is show at the bottom.

MrBeTrayed

Yes, Leucetius, I was not saying it was not the hospitality mod.  Just mentioning that when errors pop up that mention two different mods (in this case the Hospitality mod and the Factions mod), it would be wise (and perhaps faster for the devs) to let both mod owners know of the problem.  Perhaps there is a resolution that requires changes to both (or acknowledge areas that their mod changes).

Orion

Quote from: theapolaustic1 on July 13, 2015, 12:12:58 PM
Trying to have a "friendly chat" with a prisoner who can't walk leads to a bajillion errors populating the log, and a colonist who just stands in place until he gets a different job to do.
Thanks for reporting this! It's these rare cases that are quite difficult to find before release. It's not the Norbal's mod fault. I'll see if I can reproduce it.
But like Leucetius said, it's much easier if you give us the output_log.txt or a screenshot of the expanded errorstack.

Orion

Okay, I can reproduce it by harvesting the leg of a prisoner. The errorstack is (unfortunately) not helpful in this case, but at least I can test when I've fixed it.

Orion

Quote from: MrBeTrayed on July 13, 2015, 05:17:15 PM
Yes, Leucetius, I was not saying it was not the hospitality mod.  Just mentioning that when errors pop up that mention two different mods (in this case the Hospitality mod and the Factions mod), it would be wise (and perhaps faster for the devs) to let both mod owners know of the problem.  Perhaps there is a resolution that requires changes to both (or acknowledge areas that their mod changes).
Okay, for the very first time it's not the fault of my mod.

It's a known bug that when you try to interact with a prisoner that can't walk you get errors.

thefinn

Got a weird issue where my colonist will "lock up" when trying to improve relations with visitors, is this known or anyone else seen it ?

Ninefinger

Quote from: Orion on July 15, 2015, 12:40:12 PM
Quote from: MrBeTrayed on July 13, 2015, 05:17:15 PM
Okay, for the very first time it's not the fault of my mod.

It's a known bug that when you try to interact with a prisoner that can't walk you get errors.

Could you make it so that your mod forces the colonist to check if a pawn (Friend or Foe) is missing limb / incapacitated, then try to rescue / arrest downed pawn before attempting the recruitment process?

Orion

Quote from: Ninefinger on July 16, 2015, 09:14:41 PM
Could you make it so that your mod forces the colonist to check if a pawn (Friend or Foe) is missing limb / incapacitated, then try to rescue / arrest downed pawn before attempting the recruitment process?
I looked into it. Unfortunately that won't fix it. Even if they're in a bed it will error.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Orion on July 17, 2015, 06:01:53 AM
Quote from: Ninefinger on July 16, 2015, 09:14:41 PM
I looked into it. Unfortunately that won't fix it. Even if they're in a bed it will error.

If they are in bed are they still considered "incapacitated"? if so you can simply block any pawn from performing relationship action on anyone that is incapacitated and search for the nearest pawn that is not incapacitated that is set to have relationship actions, if none then cancel task and proceed to next job/activity...?

Simulacrum0

Is it posable to make the rep gane/lose basted on the quality of the visit and not from successful/unsuccessful chat. for example on a scale for -100 to 100
-25 to 25 no change
26 to 60 +5
-26 to -60 -10
61 to 99 + 10
-61 to -99 -20
100 +15
-100 -30
if you get a new recruit the rest of the group gets a big hit to mood and just leave with out having to lose 20-40 rep just from recruit chat, i have had gusts show up at 0 and leave -50 and get nothing for it but lost work time.

Orion

Quote from: Ninefinger on July 17, 2015, 11:37:52 AM
If they are in bed are they still considered "incapacitated"? if so you can simply block any pawn from performing relationship action on anyone that is incapacitated and search for the nearest pawn that is not incapacitated that is set to have relationship actions, if none then cancel task and proceed to next job/activity...?
They are. But since I'm not actually modifying any of the default prisoner interactions (and I'd prefer to keep it that way) I can't override them either. It's a core game bug... but maybe someone else made a fix for it?

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on July 18, 2015, 02:35:48 AM
Is it posable to make the rep gane/lose basted on the quality of the visit and not from successful/unsuccessful chat.
Yes. I've been thinking about it, and it's something I'd actually like long term. I want to add more things eventually that affect the quality of a visit. E.g. providing beds, food, etc. Entertaining them would only be a part of it then.
But I'm not sure yet how recruiting people fits into the picture.

if you get a new recruit the rest of the group gets a big hit to mood and just leave with out having to lose 20-40 rep just from recruit chat, i have had gusts show up at 0 and leave -50 and get nothing for it but lost work time.
If you recruit someone, it costs you a certain amount of rep. Usually that pisses the visitors off enough for them to leave. I do think it makes sense like this.

LanMc

Quote from: Orion on July 19, 2015, 04:42:32 PM
Yes. I've been thinking about it, and it's something I'd actually like long term. I want to add more things eventually that affect the quality of a visit. E.g. providing beds, food, etc. Entertaining them would only be a part of it then.

But I'm not sure yet how recruiting people fits into the picture.

I love your ideas!!! 
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...