[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

The next couple of weeks I will focus on my MoreMechanoids mod. It's still not A11 compatible and I can feel A12 coming up.

kaptain_kavern

Romi

*sigh* improving relations doesn't work, they only decrease very fast , oh and the thing with the mistake with improving relation with faction it's fail rather than win, it's too hard.

r4ky

really great update from 1.05 ! i hurry to download this and play :D ! ! !

Romi

i mean your colonist is telling your visitor for example : "your cool! :)"
= +1 faction relation
But if he tells him like : "Nah, i don't like that" = -5 or -7 relation faction down.
We need some balancing here plsss.

Othobrithol

Comments including a "sigh" never seem to hold traction as well as they could without it.

My experience is that currently it is balanced, but only at >10 skill. below that level failures are too common so you rarely if ever gain ground. Its a decent break point, but it can be harsh on a colony where the best speaker is only a 6.

Romi

Oh well that explain why i get always so many failures thanks bro! :)

Othobrithol

I play with prepare carefully and have one colonist that starts with 8. He's the only one I set for social duties at first. Later, when he's 12+ I'll let other with 7+ join in to speed things up and share the work burden. People less than about 6 should never be allowed to do social.

Even with a high score, factions that you start out on the border (less than zero but non hostile) with shouldn't be schmoozed unless you are willing to savescum. Countless games have gone sideways because one failed check in the first ten led to hostility. Those factions you should wait until you have a much higher skill and have had a chance to bring them above zero by rescuing or bribing.

One way I think the mod could be improved would be for the conditions they experience to affect their opinion. Visitors to my fort invariably end up drinking all my beer and raiding the fridge. They should like me more after such a wild party. Likewise a warm cozy base, or one with significant defenses, would leave a good impression while one with ostentatious wealth, freezing cold or caked in dried blood would generate scorn.

Orion

Quote from: Othobrithol on July 22, 2015, 11:18:48 AM
One way I think the mod could be improved would be for the conditions they experience to affect their opinion. Visitors to my fort invariably end up drinking all my beer and raiding the fridge. They should like me more after such a wild party. Likewise a warm cozy base, or one with significant defenses, would leave a good impression while one with ostentatious wealth, freezing cold or caked in dried blood would generate scorn.

That's (eventually) the plan. But for the next weeks I won't be adding to the mod.

Simulacrum0

what about splinting up Negotiate in to diplomat and warden so skilled pwans can work with gusts and prisoners and unskilled can be prisoners.

mokonasakura

After using it for a while you need to add a mass "interact" and "don't interact" order option. Having to click through 10 visitors to say do not improve relations because you are failing so hard to doing so and I don't want them to just start blowing your head off gets tiring.

Orion

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on July 23, 2015, 12:33:20 AM
what about splinting up Negotiate in to diplomat and warden so skilled pwans can work with gusts and prisoners and unskilled can be prisoners.
I didn't want to add a new kind of job. But if that's generally what people prefer, I can do it.

Quote from: mokonasakura on July 23, 2015, 03:46:52 AM
After using it for a while you need to add a mass "interact" and "don't interact" order option. Having to click through 10 visitors to say do not improve relations because you are failing so hard to doing so and I don't want them to just start blowing your head off gets tiring.
I never had that problem. But I can see that it's annoying. It's planned. Not sure when I'll implement it, though.

A Friend

Quote from: Orion on July 23, 2015, 11:02:38 AM
Quote from: Simulacrum0 on July 23, 2015, 12:33:20 AM
I didn't want to add a new kind of job. But if that's generally what people prefer, I can do it.

Yes, please.
Right now, I got a high social colonist that's an abrasive. Does wardening duty very well but insults guests left and right during visits.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Othobrithol

Diplomatically rude. 

"We appreciate the ongoing friendship between our two peoples and look forward to an expansion of that relationship in the future, maggot."

silentwolf123

Dont know if its been posted or not but might be a bug of: every time we get visitors or traders now the "improve relationship" is ticked, so you get spammed with improved relations to such and such like 3 times every person, and when they're 10 visitors lol