[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beathrus

Here, I finally got a picture of the Visitors ignoring their guest house.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Orion

Changelog
1.10c - 01.03.2016
- visitors bring more varied gifts
- visitors place a flag where they stay
- various fixes

Here's a new version. If you've encountered problems with visitors doing nothing, do try it.

Beathrus

Quote from: Orion on March 01, 2016, 12:38:00 PM
Changelog
1.10c - 01.03.2016
- visitors bring more varied gifts
- visitors place a flag where they stay
- various fixes

Here's a new version. If you've encountered problems with visitors doing nothing, do try it.

Alright, Trying it now.

Edit: I have visitors, but I don't see a flag?

realitybend

When I use this mod many guests go berserk with starvation. How do you prevent that? Also, how do you make guest beds?

Orion

Quote from: Beathrus on March 01, 2016, 12:39:52 PM
Alright, Trying it now.

It will only show up when new visitors arrive. If they have already been there when you load the game, it won't. Does that help?

Quote from: realitybend on March 01, 2016, 01:11:53 PM
When I use this mod many guests go berserk with starvation. How do you prevent that? Also, how do you make guest beds?
The guest beds are in the furniture menu. Guests bring their own food and should be fine. If they are not, something is going wrong. Do you get any error messages?

Beathrus

Quote from: Orion on March 02, 2016, 03:58:41 AM
Quote from: Beathrus on March 01, 2016, 12:39:52 PM
Alright, Trying it now.

It will only show up when new visitors arrive. If they have already been there when you load the game, it won't. Does that help?

Quote from: realitybend on March 01, 2016, 01:11:53 PM
The guest beds are in the furniture menu. Guests bring their own food and should be fine. If they are not, something is going wrong. Do you get any error messages?

Not really. :/ They were new visitors, but it might be because its a game I already started? Like, Maybe the flags only appear with a new game?

What I mean is, They aren't the same visitors as before. Maybe they were the same faction? x.x

Orion

That should all not matter. I always try to make sure my mods work in existing games and update correctly from previous save games.
Maybe I didn't correctly upload it, though, and you ended up with version 1.10b instead. I'll check.

EDIT: Nope. All good. Can you make sure, that you ended up with the correct version? There should be a file "Buildings_Flag.xml" in "Defs/ThingDefs".

Beathrus

Quote from: Orion on March 03, 2016, 01:12:04 PM
That should all not matter. I always try to make sure my mods work in existing games and update correctly from previous save games.
Maybe I didn't correctly upload it, though, and you ended up with version 1.10b instead. I'll check.

EDIT: Nope. All good. Can you make sure, that you ended up with the correct version? There should be a file "Buildings_Flag.xml" in "Defs/ThingDefs".

There is indeed a Building Flags in defs. o.o Hm.. Could it be a mod conflict? I am using 'Raider Sanity' as well, could that cause a conflict?

Orion

Quote from: Beathrus on March 03, 2016, 01:49:25 PM
Could it be a mod conflict? I am using 'Raider Sanity' as well, could that cause a conflict?
Yes, they definitely clash. Try loading Hospitality after Raider Sanity and see if it helps.

Otherwise you have to kick the "VisitorGroup" IncidentDef out of "SaneFriendlies.xml".

Beathrus

Quote from: Orion on March 03, 2016, 02:57:03 PM
Quote from: Beathrus on March 03, 2016, 01:49:25 PM
Could it be a mod conflict? I am using 'Raider Sanity' as well, could that cause a conflict?
Yes, they definitely clash. Try loading Hospitality after Raider Sanity and see if it helps.

Otherwise you have to kick the "VisitorGroup" IncidentDef out of "SaneFriendlies.xml".

Oh, I plan on taking out 'Raider Sanity' in my next game, due to lack of attacks during winter. :/ Less incidents = less amusement.

Orion

If you delete the SaneFriendlies.xml file, it should be fixed without requiring to start a new game.

Beathrus

Quote from: Orion on March 03, 2016, 04:52:27 PM
If you delete the SaneFriendlies.xml file, it should be fixed without requiring to start a new game.

Alright, I'll give it a shot.

Edit: I removed the SaneFriendlies and game is still working, I'll update you when I get visitors and if they bring a flag!

Edit2: Hey, Its working alright. Just got visitors and they brought a flag!

forumaccount

Random start location put me in the desert this time around, so I want to make it feel more like a desert outpost. How can I make it so that guests arrive hungry, and I lose face with their faction if they're still hungry when they leave?

I looked at the XML stuff, and I didn't see a way to do it, so I suspect I'll have to learn to unpack or decrypt the DLL?
Steam Workshop destroys modding communities. Don't let your town become a megastore's parking lot!

Toragor

Ok I have a problem. I rescued a visitor after a scyther attack, poor guy lost a leg, but now I am not able to opperate him to give him a peg leg, since no guests have the operation tab under health. So now Im stuck with him in the medbay. Only way to get rid of him is to successfully recruit or kill him ... I thought it was possible to operate guests in vanilla. has this been disabled by this mod?

harpo99999

in vanilla, you just have to keep them alive and content till their faction comes for a visit, and they will remove them, so your choices are
1 convince them to join (prisioners that are bedridden can not be convinced, but can be operated on)(faction offside due to recruiting visitor)(have not had a bedriden visitor so do not know if they can be recruited)
2 capture the visitor, then operate on the prisioner, and then release or convert(faction will co offside on capture but might regain enough to neutral on the release)
3 kill and get the faction offside
4 keep feeding the visitor, keep chating with visitor till faction visits and leaves with the bedridden visitor