[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazey_sunshine

Sorry if this has already been asked, I'm a bit too dizzy to look through 30 pages...
My visitors have the shared bedroom debuff even though I've got them in separate single rooms - is this intended?
Just started using the mod after eyeing it up for a while, feels good on the ice sheet to offer a little shelter and respite for the villagers!

Edgewise

Quote from: hazey_sunshine on March 28, 2016, 05:48:34 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked, I'm a bit too dizzy to look through 30 pages...
My visitors have the shared bedroom debuff even though I've got them in separate single rooms - is this intended?
Just started using the mod after eyeing it up for a while, feels good on the ice sheet to offer a little shelter and respite for the villagers!

Yea it's been mentioned.  On the other hand, you can make a really great guest room with 10 beds in it that will very easily offset the -5 for shared rooms and be unrealistic to try and do with 10 separate rooms anyway.

Orion

Quote from: hazey_sunshine on March 28, 2016, 05:48:34 PM
This is not intended, but very difficult to fix.

Quote from: Edgewise on March 26, 2016, 06:40:42 PM
I reinstalled SK HC today on a fresh install of Rimworld to get the latest version and found that I can't chat up visitors anymore.  I'm not sure if the SK mod pack has the latest version of Hospitality or not, but I tried a fresh install twice and it is still having this issue.  Also, the visitors are showing up super early in the game (like day 2).
This can happen if the mod order is not correct. Some other mod might override the visiting parties.

One additional hospitality feature I would like to see is the ability to be friendly without recruiting or raising faction with visitors.  Atm, if you have 100 faction already, you can't talk to them without trying to recruit them.
Hm, I'll see what I can do.

Ah one other thing.... please remove enriched uranium as something guests can leave as a gift.  Not sure how it doesn't kill them, but once they drop it, it's about 50/50 if they die before walking far enough away from it.  :)
This is not something I can easily fix. Enriched uranium is not part of the base game (it's from SK or one of its mods).

sparklingmagma

Hey I just got back into Rimworld and installed the "essential" mods for my game, hospitality is a great mod but i have one issue. No matter what mod order i put in, it gives me an error that says  (name) threw exception while determining job: System.MissingFieldException: Field 'Verse.AI.Pawn_MindState.lastDisturbanceTick' not found.
at Verse.AI.ThinkNode PrioritySorter.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) (0x00000) in <filename unknown>:0

My mod order is
Core
Community Core Library v0.12.6
Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
EdB Mod Order
EdB Prepare Carefully
MD2 Base
MD2 Fortifications
MD2 Industry
MD2 Manufacturing
MD2 Power
MD2 Storage
MAI+
Turret Collection
Turret Collection: Overkill
LT-Infusion
Combat Realism Core
Combat Realism Defence Pack
High Caliber
High Caliber (Combat Realism Patch)
BatteriesStuffed
ConduitsStuffed
EPOE
Glitter Tech
DefenceShield
DermalRegenerator
Embrasures
Heavier defences mod
PersonalShieldMKII
SmallSolarsStuffed
ThermalsStuffed
Vein Miner
Auto Equip
Auto Equip - Infusion
Powercell
RoofBomb
SolarsStuffed
RecycleApparel
Pawn State Icons v04d
Neutrainer and AI Persona Core Crafting
Medicine Kit Crafting
HydroponicRoom
Fashioning Hyperweave and Synthread
Craftable Guns
Armor Crafting
Hospitality 1.10 (i tried putting it after core but it still showed that error)

If you could help me it will be much appreciated! :)

Orion

That's quite odd. Sounds to me like your RimWorld version does not match. Did you put the mods into a clean install of the latest version?

habix

7 visitors came 3 went to bed others slept on floor (only had 3 beds for them).. when they wanted to leave I keep geting "Visitors from xy are leaving. They acknowledge your hospitality" in a endless loop. They all walk in circles now, not leaving my base..

Reloading thorws some errors:

sparklingmagma

Quote from: Orion on March 30, 2016, 03:33:53 AM
That's quite odd. Sounds to me like your RimWorld version does not match. Did you put the mods into a clean install of the latest version?

hmm thats probably why i've been getting these errors, i'll try updating it. Never thought it would be the version

sparklingmagma

Orion

Quote from: habix on March 30, 2016, 05:48:06 AM
7 visitors came 3 went to bed others slept on floor (only had 3 beds for them).. when they wanted to leave I keep geting "Visitors from xy are leaving. They acknowledge your hospitality" in a endless loop. They all walk in circles now, not leaving my base..
How annoying! I've never seen that one before. Sounds like their state corrupted somehow. Did you get an error when they first tried to leave?

Quote from: sparklingmagma on March 30, 2016, 07:51:10 PM
thanks! it was the game version xD
You're welcome! Enjoy the mod ;D

rstrom11

Ever since the alpha 13 update dropped this mod is no longer working, there isn't a version mismatch when loading the mod but it breaks once you load into the colony.

Jaxxa

Quote from: rstrom11 on April 07, 2016, 11:03:07 PM
Ever since the alpha 13 update dropped this mod is no longer working, there isn't a version mismatch when loading the mod but it breaks once you load into the colony.

Well yes, it specifically says that the mod is for versions A12d in the title.

Orion

Quote from: rstrom11 on April 07, 2016, 11:03:07 PM
No shit :) I wish it would just magically continue to work. That'd save me some 10-30 hours of unpaid development time.

But the weather is nice outside, it's finally getting warmer, I think I'll just stay inside and work on my mod ::)

Speeny

Orion, We appreciate what you do. This mod with a few others I consider core to my rimworld experience and thank you for it.

Topper

yay. good to know your still around to update! so many mods are going dark.

Toragor

Some visitors are not really taking care of their needs. Sometimes they just lay in their visitor beds although they are not sleeping anymore, but at the same time they are totally joy deprived. Last time a group of 4 (with 2 of them not caring for their joy-need) left with a faction relation of -30 (!) ... although charmed by my colonist and there were joy possibilities around. One even had a chess table in his room but didn't use it. But usually they use objects around the base. How am I supposed to do to make them happy this way? -30 is really ungrateful for getting free shelter in a hostile world on the rimworlds. how is that value calculated?  If that goes on I'm getting at war with them. One time they also went berserk.

Also there is not much one can do for a "brawler has ranged weapon" -20 mood drop (or similar mood negatives). Its rather unfair if that gives me a bad hospitality / negative relation with a faction.

Non the less I applaud and thank you for your work, giving the visitors some meaning.