[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Quote from: Toragor on April 10, 2016, 06:09:46 AM
Some visitors are not really taking care of their needs. Sometimes they just lay in their visitor beds although they are not sleeping anymore, but at the same time they are totally joy deprived. Last time a group of 4 (with 2 of them not caring for their joy-need) left with a faction relation of -30 (!) ... although charmed by my colonist and there were joy possibilities around. One even had a chess table in his room but didn't use it. But usually they use objects around the base. How am I supposed to do to make them happy this way? -30 is really ungrateful for getting free shelter in a hostile world on the rimworlds. how is that value calculated?  If that goes on I'm getting at war with them. One time they also went berserk.

Also there is not much one can do for a "brawler has ranged weapon" -20 mood drop (or similar mood negatives). Its rather unfair if that gives me a bad hospitality / negative relation with a faction.

Non the less I applaud and thank you for your work, giving the visitors some meaning.
There is still the occasional buggy behaviour. Expect more again with A13.
Their ratings are calculated by taking the difference in mood between when they arrived and when they left.
brawler has ranged weapon": Yeah, I hate that one. The only way I could fix that is fix how RimWorld spawns visitors and make sure they get the correct weapons, or never have a brawler stat (which is probably easier), or reroll visitors until it matches.

Quote from: Topper on April 10, 2016, 12:47:28 AM
yay. good to know your still around to update! so many mods are going dark.
I've almost got the new version ready. But the devil is in the details :/

Quote from: Speeny on April 09, 2016, 01:31:27 PM
Orion, We appreciate what you do. This mod with a few others I consider core to my rimworld experience and thank you for it.
Cheers! That certainly helps.

Orion

Update to A13
Changelog

1.11 - 10.04.2016
- updated for A13
- rebalancing due to A13 changes
- added socializing with guests
- known problems: default interaction mode not remembered between sessions

Hooray! I've got rings under my eyes now, but it finally works. Mostly.

I won't have time to work on it for a few days now, so I hope the remaining issues aren't too bad. I haven't encountered anything game breaking yet. Please do report any problems you find. Also let me know how you experience the new balancing. Do note that for the first couple of seasons your colony gets a bonus with visitors (lowered expectations).

harpo99999

FrankDrebin

found possible bug in hospitality mod, if I enable it on old save my colonists that try eat food will get in "eating loop", where when food should be consumed it is warped/dropped next to them, then they pick it up again and start eating, again it drops and this continues for ever, or until they die in hunger...

Another bug was that when mod was enabled I could not manually order people to rest until healed in hospital bed.

Third possible one was that some colonists just did stand still idling.

rstrom11

Quote from: FrankDrebin on April 10, 2016, 07:54:01 PM

Same issue here.

Berylume

Hi,

thanks for your hard work.
Loading the mod throws lots of errors in the debug console, maybe you uploaded a wrong version? Modified date from your mod files don't show any recently modified files.

HawkeDB

Quote from: rstrom11 on April 10, 2016, 08:11:38 PM
Quote from: FrankDrebin on April 10, 2016, 07:54:01 PM

Same issue here.

I have the same "single colonist standing around" issue. I tried to resolve it by changing the mod's order to every spot (except 1st) which didn't fix it. I have 1 colonist in particular that just stands around. Removed from mod order for now.  ???

EDIT: For reference, I'm using Alpha 13 and the A13 version of the mod. :)

Viddles

Quote from: Berylume on April 10, 2016, 08:21:50 PM
Hi,

Loading the mod throws lots of errors in the debug console, maybe you uploaded a wrong version? Modified date from your mod files don't show any recently modified files.

Additionally, the About.xml still says Hospitality 1.10, version 12d. Also thinking (hoping) that maybe the wrong version got uploaded =)
Love this mod and can't wait for it to function. Thank you for your hard work!

Some errors when enabling mod:
Could not find a type named Hospitatlity.JobDriver_UseCommsConsole
Could not find a type named Hospitatlity.JobDriver_GuesRecruit
Could not find a type named Hospitatlity.JobDriver_GuestWakeUp
Config error in VistiorFlag: Visitor Flag has null thingClass
Config error in VistiorFlag: Visitorhas components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps

mocarice

Quote from: Viddles on April 10, 2016, 08:37:19 PM
Quote from: Berylume on April 10, 2016, 08:21:50 PM
Hi,

Additionally, the About.xml still says Hospitality 1.10, version 12d. Also thinking (hoping) that maybe the wrong version got uploaded =)
Love this mod and can't wait for it to function. Thank you for your hard work!

Some errors when enabling mod:
Could not find a type named Hospitatlity.JobDriver_UseCommsConsole
Could not find a type named Hospitatlity.JobDriver_GuesRecruit
Could not find a type named Hospitatlity.JobDriver_GuestWakeUp
Config error in VistiorFlag: Visitor Flag has null thingClass
Config error in VistiorFlag: Visitorhas components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps

same problem to me  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

NephilimNexus

So instead of stealing people from other factions what I'd rather do is set up a Bed & Breakfast for traveling caravans and such so that I can milk some silver off them.  Make them buy food & beer, enjoy the nice beds, etc.

r.Onofre

Same problem here, random colonist just stand still. I tried to create a new world and still got that issue.

Arigas

For some reason I can't right-click on anything to have my slav...errr...colonists do things, such as equip gear, unless I draft them. Only running this mod, just to be sure it wasn't conflicting with any others.

r.Onofre

Quote from: Arigas on April 11, 2016, 12:35:26 AM
For some reason I can't right-click on anything to have my slav...errr...colonists do things, such as equip gear, unless I draft them. Only running this mod, just to be sure it wasn't conflicting with any others.
Yeah, that also happens... Do you also have one random slave colonist standing still somewhere?

theorial

Quote from: Zebrin on March 13, 2015, 11:36:35 AM
Thank you for this. My colony has a "Guest" that had his leg shot off. You can't perform surgery on guests so I can't get rid of him. This is a pretty nice soft fix for that, and has added benefits of giving me a supply of new recruits I can pay some 300 silver for!

Change the bed they are in to prisoner, then capture them, and then you can put a leg on them. Best way to remove those accidental perma-guests.

Klldarkness

All of my colonists stand around, with the console showing error: Name threw an exception while determining job, and says that it can't be null.