[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Quote from: ORCACommander on April 25, 2016, 10:09:55 PM
well 11 A was working with my mod load order before now 11b breaks and causes a reset.
Since the critical alert message is rather vague as to where the error occurs or which reason for why it occurs I am not sure where the conflict arises apart from that it would not be repair bench, vein miner nor faction spawns
Most likely something to do with the Bed object. Would you mind showing us the vague alert / error you're getting?

Quote from: Endoric on April 25, 2016, 06:21:47 PM
improves relationship while guest is asleep.

improves relationship very very quickly.  Should be a longer conversation.
Actually, pawns can be awake in bed and are then still targeted there. About the longer conversation - yes. It's somewhere on the list.

Orion

Update

1.11c - 26.04.2016
- guests will now buy loose items in the guest room(s), if they fancy them

You can now let guests buy stuff from you. They pay full market price, so more than if you sell things the normal way.

I'm curious to hear how you guys are exploiting this one ;)

Rock5

Quote from: Orion on April 26, 2016, 09:55:05 AM
Update

1.11c - 26.04.2016

You can now let guests buy stuff from you. They pay full market price, so more than if you sell things the normal way.

I take it if you leave an expensive item in the guest room expecting to get full price they'll never buy it because they wont have enough money?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Aarkreinsil

Quote from: Orion on April 26, 2016, 09:55:05 AM
Update

1.11c - 26.04.2016

A couple of questions for that one:
1. Do they just spawn the money for the item from thin air, or is there a possibility of them just taking stuff without being able to pay?

2. Will it affect faction relations or their hospitality stat in any way?

3. Do they buy EVERYthing or just specific stuff like clothing and food? It would be pretty OP if you could just make a barracks-like room for 7+ guests and throw your unused AI persona cores in there, then get showered with thousands of silver when someone inevitably buys them.

Also a little question on the side, I found that guests don't have a "beauty" tab in their needs list. So is there any point in decorating their place with statues, or can you just dump them in a random corner without any hassle?
As it stands, you only really need superior guest beds and maybe some comfy seats around the dining table to make them happy.

ORCACommander

either some how 11c fixed it or rebooting my computer last night did the trick *shrug*

Orion

Quote from: ORCACommander on April 26, 2016, 12:54:45 PM
either some how 11c fixed it or rebooting my computer last night dad the trick *shrug*
Both is theoretically possible... but I'm glad it works now ;)

Quote from: Aarkreinsil on April 26, 2016, 12:35:02 PM
1. Do they just spawn the money for the item from thin air, or is there a possibility of them just taking stuff without being able to pay?
They can just pay with what they have brought with them. So you can't just sell them lots of expensive stuff. You're limited by their pocket money. They will bring more money, if your faction is in high standing with theirs, though.

2. Will it affect faction relations or their hospitality stat in any way?
It can have a small effect, since they do get a little bit of joy from purchasing stuff.

3. Do they buy EVERYthing or just specific stuff like clothing and food? It would be pretty OP if you could just make a barracks-like room for 7+ guests and throw your unused AI persona cores in there, then get showered with thousands of silver when someone inevitably buys them.
They're limited by the silver they brought and also sometimes just don't feel like buying stuff or don't like what you have to offer. You could let them sleep in your storage room for maximum choice, though ;)

Also a little question on the side, I found that guests don't have a "beauty" tab in their needs list. So is there any point in decorating their place with statues, or can you just dump them in a random corner without any hassle?
As it stands, you only really need superior guest beds and maybe some comfy seats around the dining table to make them happy.
That is a good point. I have to look into that again. Looks like it broke. They should be affected by the quality of the room, but I have to check again.

Quote from: Rock5 on April 26, 2016, 11:48:44 AM
I take it if you leave an expensive item in the guest room expecting to get full price they'll never buy it because they wont have enough money?
That is correct. They usually buy smaller stuff - food, medicine, clothing, cheap weapons. If you buy a lot from their trader, though, he will end up with a lot of silver to spend.

Grogfeld

Oh great! Visitors buying stuff?! I like the idea, will try in the evening. Do they eat meals that I left in the room for free like in previous builds? I like the idea to be a good host and share fine meals and free beer ;) but if they buy something when leaving my colony it's a good addition to the system.

magik20

I appear to also be having a mod loading issue that *might* be related to Hospitality 1.11c

Here is the error log

http://pastebin.com/LCeZr8Fx

and here is my mod list

http://i.imgur.com/4I9iXik.jpg

Grogfeld

Hi. Funny thing just happened, one of the visiting pawns threw this error (Just ignore this on the top, they're from CR).  Apparently grass is what he likes but its not for sell ;)
So this answers my previous question and gives you some tweaking to do, Orion.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Orion

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 27, 2016, 11:09:45 AM
Hi. Funny thing just happened, one of the visiting pawns threw this error (Just ignore this on the top, they're from CR).  Apparently grass is what he likes but its not for sell ;)
So this answers my previous question and gives you some tweaking to do, Orion.
Yeah sorry. I had to make buying "grass" give an error. It's just not allowed in most countries.

Maybe I can do something about visitors trying to buy it, though. Until then, try not to build your guest beds outside or have grass growing in your guest rooms. :P

EDIT: After closer inspection of the error you're getting I notice that it's actually a conflict with combat realism. It's overloading the function for dropping items (in this case some silver) causing it to become 0. Not sure why they'd do that. But I wanted to use that mod myself anyway, so I'll figure it out when I'm back from vacation.

Orion

Quote from: magik20 on April 27, 2016, 08:12:33 AM
I appear to also be having a mod loading issue that *might* be related to Hospitality 1.11c
Can't find where it's going wrong. Looks like it won't even start.

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 27, 2016, 06:59:02 AM
Do they eat meals that I left in the room for free like in previous builds? I like the idea to be a good host and share fine meals and free beer ;) but if they buy something when leaving my colony it's a good addition to the system.
They will still eat your food and drink your beer. Probably :P

Orion

Well guys, I'll be on vacation for a while, so you'll have to take care of things yourselves for a few weeks.

I believe the latest version is fairly stable, so if something doesn't work, chances are high it's a mod conflict. Selling grass being an exception. Maybe.

Cabraca

yeah with the newest version i got a mod conflict the old one works fine 1.11a
okay 1.11a crashed my colonist are unable to use joyfunction -.- with that mod

Grogfeld

I've just noticed that some visitors take headgear off when they enter the map or few sec. later. Could be conflict with Apparello but it worked fine with previous versions.  OR with Combat Realism, and this could be it, visitors take headgear off (good behavior) but with new weight system they cannot store hats in backpack/pockets so they drop it on the ground. Still in previous versions they took off hats when they entered guestroom.

Oh and Orion, have a nice vacation! :)

Aarkreinsil

Well, enjoy your trip.
My visitors just like to buy plants from growing zones without actually paying anything for them (hops specifically), but it's no biggie xD