[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grogfeld

Have you started game on old world that was created before mod with new faction was installed? What about other factions, is it the same situation? Also try to put Hospitality on end of mod config but I think that the other mod is causing problems.

caekdaemon

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 30, 2016, 01:20:24 PM
Have you started game on old world that was created before mod with new faction was installed? What about other factions, is it the same situation? Also try to put Hospitality on end of mod config but I think that the other mod is causing problems.
Nope, this world was made after the new mod was put in, and the only faction that seems to be affected is this one mod faction - the other two are hostile and don't send visitors, whilst the stock factions are completely fine. They're the Orion Corporation, but I haven't a clue which mod they come from since I put quite a few mods in at once :o

But I'll move Hospitality to the end of the mod config, so lets hope that stops this from happening again! :)

Grogfeld

caekdaemon

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 30, 2016, 04:18:44 PM
Isn't Orion Corp. from Glitter Tech?
I just checked the mod files, and the OrionCorp stuff is under Glitter Tech, so you're right! :D I just wish there was a compatibility patch between the two - Glitter Tech works fine with Hospitality, so long as OrionCorp aren't friendly with the player colony.

Grogfeld

Quote from: caekdaemon on May 01, 2016, 08:25:44 AM
(...) I just wish there was a compatibility patch between the two - Glitter Tech works fine with Hospitality, so long as OrionCorp aren't friendly with the player colony.
This is really strange I must see what is wrong with those two. Orion soldier should be normal human like pawn so all the AI shenanigans should work as with other factions. Hmm I didn't played with Glitter Tech for long time. 

EDIT: I've tested with only Hospitality, Glitter Tech and EPOE  mod installed and of course CCL. There was no errors when they came to visit me. They have enjoyed a lot. No bugs, no problems at all.  Are you sure that you have clean installation of Hospitality 1.11C ? Also Hospitality was before Glitter Tech.

caekdaemon

Quote from: Grogfeld on May 01, 2016, 08:46:46 AM
Quote from: caekdaemon on May 01, 2016, 08:25:44 AM
(...) I just wish there was a compatibility patch between the two - Glitter Tech works fine with Hospitality, so long as OrionCorp aren't friendly with the player colony.
This is really strange I must see what is wrong with those two. Orion soldier should be normal human like pawn so all the AI shenanigans should work as with other factions. Hmm I didn't played with Glitter Tech for long time. 

EDIT: I've tested with only Hospitality, Glitter Tech and EPOE  mod installed and of course CCL. There was no errors when they came to visit me. They have enjoyed a lot. No bugs, no problems at all.  Are you sure that you have clean installation of Hospitality 1.11C ? Also Hospitality was before Glitter Tech.
Well, this is awkward :-[ I took another look at the save only to realize I've saved over it with the version where I killed the guys via console commands, so I can't actually test whether or not moving Hospitality to the end of the list or to the beginning would make a difference  :(

I'll keep playing, see if the bug occurs again. If it does, I'll write down everything I can about it and make sure to keep the saves separate this time :p

passi965

Hey Orion,
i have a problem with visitors not eating even if they have a theire inventory full of food.

http://puu.sh/oDNHY/0a99299e9e.jpg
http://puu.sh/oDNJo/18cead4656.jpg
http://puu.sh/oDNSb/66888ffd85.jpg

because of that most of the factions hate me because aparently the hospitality is crap in my colony.
I dont understand why.

this is what my colony looks like
http://puu.sh/oDNNI/b2db8aa895.jpg

it might be because i have tons of mods, but i dont know wich mod causes these sort of bugs.

Modlist:
http://puu.sh/oDOer/d335efd29a.png

I would be greatfull if someone could help me... i dont even know if this post belongs under this mod, so feel free to move it in the right section

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Grogfeld

Orion is on vacations so you have to wait  for hes reply. But as I can see there could be 2 problems.
1. You create 1 bed per room. I don't know if they will sleep in other rooms if they from the same group. Click on flag you will see names of visitors.
2. Move Hospitality on the end of list, that way every feature will be loaded and overwrite every conflicting mods. But I think that there are no conflicts.

I don't make one person rooms because visitors will still have "shared room" thought so my guess is that this is a problem but like I said before have no experience with hotel rooms, I make only dorms :P

Orion

I'm practically back! Still gotta catch up a bit with real-life, but I can get back to fixing stuff very soon. Thanks a lot to everyone who helped out with problems here and sorry for any new conflicts that the latest version has introduced.

About that. I started cutting plenty of corners using Detouring. This saves me time that I can spend on better and new features and bugfixes, but increases the risk of conflict with seemingly random other mods. Starting with the next version Hospitality will also require CCL. This will at least allow a bit of diagnosing where conflicts are happening.

Quote from: Grogfeld on May 02, 2016, 03:37:18 PM
I don't make one person rooms because visitors will still have "shared room" thought so my guess is that this is a problem but like I said before have no experience with hotel rooms, I make only dorms :P
Guests should not get the "shared room" thought anymore at all. This is because I can't fix how the thought works. Maybe I'll add my own later (along the lines of "Yay, I have my own room").

Quote from: passi965 on May 02, 2016, 01:45:56 PM
Hey Orion,
i have a problem with visitors not eating even if they have a theire inventory full of food.
I dont understand why.
it might be because i have tons of mods, but i dont know wich mod causes these sort of bugs.
Hello passi. Yes. You have so many mods, the odds that you have multiple conflicts and several mods don't work as intended is pretty high. Modpacks usually sort this out and make sure everything works well together. If you just go and download every mod you can find, trouble comes your way.

If you want more help, you need to turn on developer mode and send me the different errors you're getting, starting with the very first (could already be in the main menu).

Quote from: caekdaemon on May 02, 2016, 04:31:58 AM
I just checked the mod files, and the OrionCorp stuff is under Glitter Tech, so you're right! :D I just wish there was a compatibility patch between the two - Glitter Tech works fine with Hospitality, so long as OrionCorp aren't friendly with the player colony.
I guess I should look into this. I don't play with Glittertech (or want to), so I can only fix what you tell me is broken. I'll check and see what's wrong with friendly OrionCorp. The error actually looks like you're using an old version of Hospitality.

If I've missed answering any further issues, please repeat your question.

Orion

Okay. A Combat Realism patch will have to wait until the CR release is official. Because I can't even start a game with it :P

Aarkreinsil

I was just saying that my guests pick up hop plants from the fields, as they have a value of 0$.

Are there any incompatibilities with CR though? I didn't notice anything there, other than my guests dropping off tons of ammo all the time (which isn't half bad actually)

Orion

Quote from: Aarkreinsil on May 05, 2016, 07:41:55 AM
I was just saying that my guests pick up hop plants from the fields, as they have a value of 0$.
Ah yes. Gotta check if I can somehow distinguish them from stuff you'd want to sell. They only buy stuff from guest rooms... how come you have fields in there?

Quote from: Aarkreinsil on May 05, 2016, 07:41:55 AM
Are there any incompatibilities with CR though? I didn't notice anything there, other than my guests dropping off tons of ammo all the time (which isn't half bad actually)
There was some issue with the inventory being too full or something, I believe.

bewby

First time using this mod, is it designed so that the first visitor gifts you so much silver? I got 400+ silver and 20+ herbal medicines and I didnt really even talk to the person, had no guest room or beds or anything, but they left me all of that. I haven't gotten a second visitor yet, but that seems a bit strong a response for my very first visitor.

Grogfeld

One of the problem I have with these mods (CR and Hospitality) is that visitors drop headgear before enter guestroom but I guess it could be issue with Aparrello because they drop mostly this stuff and it's not a problem with weight and item space limits. Another one is that I don't get anymore visitor groups that occasionally trade but it's not a big issue because with your small trade system I can get anything from them selling leathers and small price items :P

Orion

Quote from: bewby on May 05, 2016, 09:04:49 AM
First time using this mod, is it designed so that the first visitor gifts you so much silver? I got 400+ silver and 20+ herbal medicines and I didnt really even talk to the person, had no guest room or beds or anything, but they left me all of that. I haven't gotten a second visitor yet, but that seems a bit strong a response for my very first visitor.
It is! But if you already had a high relationship with their faction, that would explain why they brought so much. Also they have "very low expectations" at the beginning, which makes it much easier to satisfy them, causing them to leave a lot.

So play a bit more with it, see if it stays being too much. Maybe I need to tweak it more for the beginning. But in the end it all comes down to the combination of mods you're using how hard or easy you make it for yourself anyway.

Quote from: Grogfeld on May 05, 2016, 09:54:29 AM
One of the problem I have with these mods (CR and Hospitality) is that visitors drop headgear before enter guestroom.
Oh yeah, that. It's indeed CR, I believe. But I can't get it to run, so a fix will have to wait. Or CR has to loosen up their inventory limitations :P