[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reiia

Often when i get the spam of "leaving" messages, you just have to let it keep going and it will fix itself.  Usually this happens in my games where i don't have any guest rooms or not enough guest beds built yet.  I don't know how to fully 100% reliably reproduce the bug, but this is what i seen so far.   Wished that if you had more than 1 group of visitors, they will demand a different visitor room =P.  Also be nice if there was a "Visitor food" only you can make.... hurts when they come and invade your stocks lol

Orion

Quote from: reiia on May 05, 2016, 03:27:17 PM
Often when i get the spam of "leaving" messages, you just have to let it keep going and it will fix itself.
You are probably getting an error in the console when this is happening. I'd love to know what's broken...

Aarkreinsil

I had fields in there because on a -100°C ice sheet you don't get to keep everything warm enough to accomodate guests, so I just put up some beds next to the indoor sunlamp grow op.

On another note, if you sell a bunch of totally disabled (no legs, mostly) people to a caravan as slaves, the next band of visitors will immediately come rushing in, pick them up and say "They don't wanna visit you anytime soon" and the "They're taking home wounded comrades" thing. Doesn't matter if you kept them fed and healthy in the meantime.

Orion

Quote from: Aarkreinsil on May 05, 2016, 06:54:03 PM
I had fields in there because on a -100°C ice sheet you don't get to keep everything warm enough to accomodate guests, so I just put up some beds next to the indoor sunlamp grow op.
Ah, makes sense. Well, I fixed it for the next version.

Quote from: Aarkreinsil on May 05, 2016, 06:54:03 PM
On another note, if you sell a bunch of totally disabled (no legs, mostly) people to a caravan as slaves, the next band of visitors will immediately come rushing in, pick them up and say "They don't wanna visit you anytime soon" and the "They're taking home wounded comrades" thing. Doesn't matter if you kept them fed and healthy in the meantime.
I can totally relate. It's not a nice thing to do!

Imagine you're visiting friends or a hotel and there's a bunch of guys without legs lying around, saying "they sold us and we fell off the muffalos! Help!"
You wouldn't go there again anytime soon either, right?

shadwar

There is an abuse. You can block guests in guestroom, and after they trying leaving after happy night, you can kill them freely (heating, radiation, starvation) and have all their items. Without lose in faction relations.

As well this working with caravans.

Orion, can you fix this abuse? For whatever reason guest is died, factions must react.

Commander Blackwatch

Hospitality is useful and Great
and can improve they re goodwill faction

Guest Bed = Great but need to add some double bed guest and royal bed guest
add some store area for the guest , sell some items and change the price
no one care what cost the item i will turn to 1 million silver per 1 wood sword LOL

Rate
100/100

"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

Orion

Quote from: shadwar on May 06, 2016, 04:15:38 AM
There is an abuse. You can block guests in guestroom, and after they trying leaving after happy night, you can kill them freely (heating, radiation, starvation) and have all their items. Without lose in faction relations.
Good catch. I should try stuff like this myself more often...
I'll look into it. Until then... maybe just don't do it? :P

InfiniteRemnant

Quote from: Orion on May 07, 2016, 03:48:26 AM
Quote from: shadwar on May 06, 2016, 04:15:38 AM
Good catch. I should try stuff like this myself more often...
I'll look into it. Until then... maybe just don't do it? :P
maybe you could set up something for visitors dying in an unusual way leading to "[faction] are suspicious of you because [name] went missing in your territory. Relations decreased by [number]." instead of just doing nothing?

Orion

Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on May 08, 2016, 01:13:56 AM
maybe you could set up something for visitors dying in an unusual way leading to "[faction] are suspicious of you because [name] went missing in your territory. Relations decreased by [number]." instead of just doing nothing?
That was the idea indeed. Maybe with increasing penalty if it happens more often, or with multiple pawns at the same time.

This might only be an issue if you request support from a faction and some of their guys die. This could possibly make asking support a useless feature. Sometimes they even send support by themselves - which would have the same issue.

Seinne

I have a question/ problem.

With the whole guests buying stuff laying around thing, does that mean traders don't show up anymore? Or is it that I'm having mod compatibility issues? Because as of your last update,( and a few more I updated) I'm not seeing traders at all. nor am I seeing any errors.

Mod list

<li>Core</li>
         <li>Community Core Library</li>
         <li>CombatRealism-1.6.4</li>
         <li>CombatRealism Defence</li>
         <li>Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks</li>
         <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
         <li>CorePanda v0.13.1</li>
         <li>kNumbers-0.4.3.1-A13</li>
         <li>EdBInventory</li>
         <li>EdBColonistBar</li>
         <li>kSmartOptimizeApparel-0.1-A13</li>
         <li>RW_Manager-0.13.0.2</li>
         <li>EdBModOrder</li>
         <li>ED-Embrasures</li>
         <li>ED-LaserDrill</li>
         <li>ED-Moat</li>
         <li>ED-ReverseCycleCooler</li>
         <li>ED-SubspaceTransponder</li>
         <li>Stonecutting Tweak</li>
         <li>PowerSwitch</li>
         <li>Extra Floors v1.14</li>
         <li>Fences</li>
         <li>FloorLights</li>
         <li>HaulPriorityLiteNoUnforbid</li>
         <li>Hospitality</li>
         <li>CheaperComponents</li>
         <li>Bulk_Meals</li>
         <li>Expanded Power v1.00</li>
         <li>M&amp;Co. LaserFence</li>
         <li>M&amp;Co. MiningHelmet</li>
         <li>M&amp;Co. MMS</li>
         <li>Medical Training</li>
         <li>Mending</li>
         <li>Powerless! v2.02</li>
         <li>TargetPractise</li>
         <li>Modular Tables</li>
         <li>Additional Joy Objects v3.10</li>
         <li>ZenGarden v1.21</li>
         <li>ED-ClosableVent</li>
         <li>Vegetable Garden v3.6a</li>

InfiniteRemnant

I have this and some of the other mods on your list and i still see traders every 3rd or 4th visit, probably a compatibility issue in your mod list.

Weren't people pointing out odd behavior issues using hospitality and combat realism together? maybe it's related to that.

Orion

Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on May 08, 2016, 02:24:41 PM
Weren't people pointing out odd behavior issues using hospitality and combat realism together? maybe it's related to that.
It should definitely work. Myself, I can't even get combat realism to run with my mod configuration.

RagingLoony

Would it be possible to get a combat realism friendly version where visitors will spawn with backpacks and stuff? as it is, TRADERS are perfectly fine as the muffalo carry everything, but normal VISITORS never make it to the base, as they'll freeze/starve to death before they make it because they move so slow. also the one guy that DID make it only had like 23 steel and a little bit of silver because he had no inventory space. he made it to the gate, i traded with him and he immediatly died of starvation lmao

EDIT: had a visitor spawn in with a CR backpack and assualt vest, he still dropped most of his trade goods at the edge of the map because he couldnt carry them and he's still moving at 0.01c/s, is there a way to just give them 99999999 carryweight?

Orion

Quote from: RagingLoony on May 09, 2016, 04:59:26 AM
Would it be possible to get a combat realism friendly version where visitors will spawn with backpacks and stuff?
Not until I get it to run myself.

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Orion on May 09, 2016, 10:17:27 AM
Not until I get it to run myself.

It doesn't work for you by itself + CCL? Or with all the mods you have installed?