[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Culise

Quote from: Exende on May 25, 2016, 02:54:31 PM
Quote from: Culise on May 25, 2016, 01:42:30 PM
I'll add my own mod list in load order, in case it helps. The only thing on my list that I can imagine affecting factions is the More Factions Spawn option, but that doesn't seem like it would affect anything after worldgen.

• Extended Storage - Food Plus Patch *Just a minor tweak I added to allow Vegetable Garden and prepared meals to be used in EStorage's containers
Oh?  what did you change and would you mind if I get that as I use both as well![/list]
All I did was change the category entries in the XML files for the Basket and FreezerChest.  The former now includes CookingSupplies in addition to FoodRaw (which allows for Cooking Ingredients, including Wheat, Sugarcane, Flour, and Cornmeal, to be stored in it).  The latter replaced FoodRaw with just Food, which encompasses all foods including both Cooking Ingredients and Meals of all sorts.  I haven't really decided which way I want to go for those containers (especially since the Tray Rack exists for meals as well), so I just tried both and haven't bothered actually making the final decision.  I could probably zip the file and upload it, if you wish.

Quote from: Orion on May 25, 2016, 03:05:16 PM
Quote from: Culise on May 25, 2016, 01:42:30 PM
Output.txt appears to give no clues; no errors are present.  One other thing I noticed - this hasn't seem to have occurred with new worlds/colonies generated after the new Hospitality update, though that may be an issue with reproduction as well.  It appears to be occurring with a world that existed prior to the latest Hospitality update, and one in which I had recently recruited the wife of one of my settlers from a town.
Hm. Maybe it is a bug with Hospitality after all. Hard to tell without an actual error. Do you use a very large map? The timeout for visitors to count as missing is 2 days. If they haven't left by then, the whole group counts as missing. So if you have a huge map that they have to cross, this might cause the problem...
I do in fact use a large map (Ludeonicrous is a bit much for my tastes thus far).  I apologize, but I just received the error again on a regenerated world and colony.  As on the previous map, it's the larger of the two Large map sizes (325-square) on Ice Sheet terrain.  Same mod list as before, only Hospitality is now loaded last.  I have a save just before the two visitors' departure, thanks to some fortune with the autosave; they depart within hours of the save, and on the afternoon of Summer 9, I get a "Chief angered" message.  Might it assist you if I were to upload it along with my mod folder? 

Nanao-kun

Wait, it doesn't check for them leaving, but uses a timer? Because I use 350x350 maps, which might contribute to it. I play on Boreal Forest, so it's entirely possible that the size of the map and the slowdown from carrying gear with Combat Realism + snow/marsh movement debuff is the cause.

Reaper

factions will now become angry if visitors disappear in your region. Pardon me? does this mean if they die in your region there home faction gets mad? Because if say a another visiting faction that is there enemy and your friend are you responsible for the carnage that ensues? 

Or does this simply deal with just say trapping people in until they starve to death for there stuff?

Orion

Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 25, 2016, 03:49:49 PM
Wait, it doesn't check for them leaving, but uses a timer? Because I use 350x350 maps, which might contribute to it. I play on Boreal Forest, so it's entirely possible that the size of the map and the slowdown from carrying gear with Combat Realism + snow/marsh movement debuff is the cause.
Yes. It's the only way I can really check it, because any number of things can happen to a visitor. Particularly that the player builds them in and let's them rot for weeks. The only viable check is a timer.

Quote from: Reaper on May 25, 2016, 06:37:11 PM
factions will now become angry if visitors disappear in your region. Pardon me? does this mean if they die in your region there home faction gets mad? Because if say a another visiting faction that is there enemy and your friend are you responsible for the carnage that ensues? 

Or does this simply deal with just say trapping people in until they starve to death for there stuff?
Unfortunately I can't tell if the player killed them by say fire, or their enemies shot them. Or if the player used an elaborate trick to get two factions to kill each other off, just to gather all the supplies. So yes. From the view of their faction they went to your place and never came back.
If you have a better idea, please let me know.

Quote from: Culise on May 25, 2016, 03:38:10 PM
I do in fact use a large map (Ludeonicrous is a bit much for my tastes thus far).  I apologize, but I just received the error again on a regenerated world and colony.  As on the previous map, it's the larger of the two Large map sizes (325-square) on Ice Sheet terrain.  Same mod list as before, only Hospitality is now loaded last.  I have a save just before the two visitors' departure, thanks to some fortune with the autosave; they depart within hours of the save, and on the afternoon of Summer 9, I get a "Chief angered" message.  Might it assist you if I were to upload it along with my mod folder? 
Is it an error or the angered message?
I could increase the timer a lot, but then people would get complaints days after it actually happened. Maybe good enough to keep exploits at bay.

If you upload everything ready to roll (don't forget your mod order config file) I will take a look at what's going on.

Atomisk

i get the message that people dissapear FAR too often in my map. People going missing in my territory after they have already left the map. I have no other mods that can possibly cause a conflict with yours, it just keeps happening. They depart, they're gone off the map, and the next morning i get a message about an angry chief. This has happened so many times my relations are destroyed with the only factions i can trade with, meaning i am now basically perminantly out of silver and have too much damn storage space used up. A bit of info, this is on a save existing prior to installing the mod, and several other mods that don't change anything with factions or visitation. I do have fluffy's dynamic relation chart, but this happened before i installed that mod. I also have the prepare carefully mod, which effects things even before i started my colony and is the mod i started with before adding a whole bunch of stuff. I will try playing on a smaller map with a new colony, even though this map isn't too big... and post my results.

Nanao-kun

Increasing the timer by one or two days might be good.

Actually, is it possible to make it so that relations decrease when the time limit is passed, and then be rescinded once the visitors actually make it back?

Clibanarius

Yeah, I'm also getting 'chief angered, one missing' notifications when I haven't done anything wrong and the group in question left successfully and happily. Large map, don't know if I'm helping anything with this information at all. Just increasing the counter by a day might help, I reckon.

Culise

Quote from: Orion on May 26, 2016, 03:07:02 AM
Quote from: Culise on May 25, 2016, 03:38:10 PM
Is it an error or the angered message?
I could increase the timer a lot, but then people would get complaints days after it actually happened. Maybe good enough to keep exploits at bay.

If you upload everything ready to roll (don't forget your mod order config file) I will take a look at what's going on.
It's the angered message.  I'm not positive if increasing the timer is a good option, either; perhaps if it can scale for especially large maps, that may help deal with especially boggy or snowy maps, but you also likely don't want to dissociate cause and effect too much. 

Any rate, uploaded the save game and attached mods, which can be found here.  The visitors in question are Trado and Crow from the tribe of Barra Lándoa Gorar, leaving via the north edge of the map at game load.  The message specifying that the tribe had been angered by their disappearance should trigger in a bit under two days. 

crusader2010

Quote from: Orion on May 25, 2016, 03:12:32 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on May 25, 2016, 12:57:47 PM
Hi. I'm getting some debug errors that keep on adding to the output file and making it extremely large (20MB after few hours of game play).
Btw, Miscellaneous - Incidents might conflict with Hospitality. But the fact that you say it's just with the latest version, makes it much more likely it's a Hospitality introduced problem. You could also try putting it after Trade Request - Caravans, which might override something.

Hello! I've figured out where that TraverseParms error is coming from. It's from the "More vanilla turrets" mod. Basically all of the automated turrets are causing this error when they are fully built.

Is there any chance that Hospitality interacts somehow with turrets? seems very strange that before 1.13 there weren't any debug errors.

I'll probably have to test this with a new colony because there are too many unknowns/variations right now (i.e. I replaced the older version of Hospitality with v1.13 without starting a new game, and I kept the mod before CR in the list)...
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

☢FLAY☢

found a minor annoyance with this mod it claims my nonviolent colonist needs a weapon and is a hunter, having him take a weapon only to not use it.

also I see guest tab but i can't assign a guest bed don't know how?

joaonunes

Quote from: ☢FLAY☢ on May 27, 2016, 05:30:43 PM
found a minor annoyance with this mod it claims my nonviolent colonist needs a weapon and is a hunter, having him take a weapon only to not use it.

Is the first problem related with this mod at all?
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

harpo99999

have you tried to build a guest bed in the furniture tab?

☢FLAY☢

Quote from: joaonunes on May 27, 2016, 07:03:14 PM

Indeed It is the mod itself causes that maybe its because im using a save before i installed the mod not recognizing the colonist as a pacifist

Orion

Quote from: joaonunes on May 27, 2016, 07:03:14 PM

Unfortunately this happens when you install the mod into an existing save. Since it adds a new job, all existing jobs are pushed one to the right. So it can happen that someone gets assigned hunter who can't actually hunt. This is because RimWorld does not anticipate that mods might add new jobs.
Maybe I can make a hack that fixes this problem in RimWorld.

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 27, 2016, 11:54:15 AM
Hello! I've figured out where that TraverseParms error is coming from. It's from the "More vanilla turrets" mod. Basically all of the automated turrets are causing this error when they are fully built.

Is there any chance that Hospitality interacts somehow with turrets? seems very strange that before 1.13 there weren't any debug errors.
Good catch! I think it's highly unlikely that there's a conflict between these mods. Hospitality doesn't do anything with turrets.

Quote from: Atomisk on May 26, 2016, 05:55:05 AM
i get the message that people dissapear FAR too often in my map. People going missing in my territory after they have already left the map. I have no other mods that can possibly cause a conflict with yours, it just keeps happening. They depart, they're gone off the map, and the next morning i get a message about an angry chief. This has happened so many times my relations are destroyed with the only factions i can trade with, meaning i am now basically perminantly out of silver and have too much damn storage space used up. A bit of info, this is on a save existing prior to installing the mod, and several other mods that don't change anything with factions or visitation. I do have fluffy's dynamic relation chart, but this happened before i installed that mod. I also have the prepare carefully mod, which effects things even before i started my colony and is the mod i started with before adding a whole bunch of stuff. I will try playing on a smaller map with a new colony, even though this map isn't too big... and post my results.
This does indeed sound like increasing the timer won't fix the problem. There's something else going on.

Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 26, 2016, 02:16:34 PM
Actually, is it possible to make it so that relations decrease when the time limit is passed, and then be rescinded once the visitors actually make it back?
Hm. I'll have to check if this is possible. This would at least solve the problem that the timer might be too short for big maps. I'll increase it by half a day anyway.

zzz1000

More then 20 people was lost in last two weeks( I have 14 factions on my map, if this important), while all left map in safety. I like this mechnics and it's not always happens but something strange going on. It's big jungle map, but i'm sure no one died and I think message was after they left.

Can you make version where it only register on map deaths - I never try to capture or somehow exploit my guests anyway, it will eliminate any possible inconsistency.