[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exende

I believe that it's the npcs being unloaded from the map that causes them to be counted as missing

Grogfeld

Quote from: Exende on June 04, 2016, 03:00:38 AM
I believe that it's the npcs being unloaded from the map that causes them to be counted as missing

Could be. I remember a mod that make sound when a Pawns was killed - "BAAM!!!". It did it, unintentionally, even when someone despawn.

notfood

I had an angered chief when the pawn was still on the map claiming that it went missing. He even turned hostile on the spot.

Diana Winters

Quote from: GWindborn on June 03, 2016, 02:40:04 PM
I got 11c from the Dropbox link above and it seems to be working okay now.. I'll report back if I get any weirdness.

Note that I did start an entirely new game, though - I haven't gone back to any of the previous saves to see how or if it changes those.

Perhaps starting a new game is what fixed it for you...
I just loaded the save I was playing on...

cakeonslaught

I had to disable the missing pawns script by commenting out the lines that remove relation and send you a message. I think it's also taking way too much relation, it seems to be dividing the recruit penalty by 2 for each pawn. It only removes 5 for each dead pawn, so it's actually better if they get killed than go missing.

Jaygryphon

OvO

Help Please! I run a huge map on my game, and whenever visitors leave my map they are considered "disappearances"!  Even When The visitors Are Sitting Right There At My Camp!

Ovo There they are, hi visitors! Why is your cheif so mad?   WHAI IS YOUR CHEIF SO SALTY AT MEH!

But seriously, even passing through, they go off map; Oh, disappearance! EVERY FACTION NOW OUT FOR MY BLOOD!

<v> I didn't even get to say hai to them~</3

*Cries in his corner as he tells his snipers to aim for the legs to make peace offerings of them later as the next wave of angered villagers washes in from the south. Then tells the newest recruits to mop up the blood from the last raiding party from the west and to dump the dead bodies into the compost bins*

joaonunes

Quote from: Jaygryphon on June 05, 2016, 08:44:05 PM
OvO

Help Please! I run a huge map on my game, and whenever visitors leave my map they are considered "disappearances"!  Even When The visitors Are Sitting Right There At My Camp!

Ovo There they are, hi visitors! Why is your cheif so mad?   WHAI IS YOUR CHEIF SO SALTY AT MEH!

But seriously, even passing through, they go off map; Oh, disappearance! EVERY FACTION NOW OUT FOR MY BLOOD!

<v> I didn't even get to say hai to them~</3

*Cries in his corner as he tells his snipers to aim for the legs to make peace offerings of them later as the next wave of angered villagers washes in from the south. Then tells the newest recruits to mop up the blood from the last raiding party from the west and to dump the dead bodies into the compost bins*

This has been the heat of the discussion for the last few days...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Orion

Quickly popping in here.

If you load a savegame from the previous version and there are visitors on your map, they will still run the old behavior. Only new groups will work correctly. Did I mention, never update the mod while there are guests on the map?

Groups passing through do not use Hospitality. It is pretty much impossible you get missing pawns from that.
The missing pawn script is only left in the code for people updating. New visitors will not use it anymore.

About people dying on your land - this is the only reliable way to prevent exploits. If it worked only in your homezone, players could just remove the homezone after locking guests in and wait until they die. Unfortunately I can't check for their exact cause of death. So other factions killing them is not something I can check for.

joaonunes

Quote from: Orion on June 06, 2016, 04:38:29 AM
Quickly popping in here.

If you load a savegame from the previous version and there are visitors on your map, they will still run the old behavior. Only new groups will work correctly. Did I mention, never update the mod while there are guests on the map?

Groups passing through do not use Hospitality. It is pretty much impossible you get missing pawns from that.
The missing pawn script is only left in the code for people updating. New visitors will not use it anymore.

About people dying on your land - this is the only reliable way to prevent exploits. If it worked only in your homezone, players could just remove the homezone after locking guests in and wait until they die. Unfortunately I can't check for their exact cause of death. So other factions killing them is not something I can check for.

Well... if any guest dies in your region even if due to enemies it's your fault they died... They are your guests, it is your job to defend them and help them if needed... If you don't defend them then you don't really need them as guests, you selfish bastard xD
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Diana Winters

Quickly popping in here.

Very unfortunate for those of us on top of the Mountains in the Ice Sheets, seeing as visitors sometimes die before they even get to my base, especially traders. Although, with this new update, you should allow us to designate trading areas so that they won't freeze to death and let their muffalos eat my precious crops (on more temperate biomes)

Orion

Quote from: Diana Winters on June 06, 2016, 03:42:08 PM
Very unfortunate for those of us on top of the Mountains in the Ice Sheets, seeing as visitors sometimes die before they even get to my base, especially traders. Although, with this new update, you should allow us to designate trading areas so that they won't freeze to death and let their muffalos eat my precious crops (on more temperate biomes)
Well, trade caravans are not using Hospitality. So they will not give you a penalty for dying. I think the trading areas feature is something for the trade caravan mod.

Zakhad

Could you make a inventory check? in that when they enter the map their inventory is registered. If they don't hear back from the members sent to your colony then they send a single scout to figure out what has happened before laying blame. If they find the said body, then they take the body back with only minor penalties, (Died under suspicious circumstances with a stacking cumulative effect in such a way like "Hold on, that's the second person to die in that territory now they're really starting to hate you") but if they find a corpse that is empty of it's equipment then the hosting colony would suffer major diplomatic relations under the assumption that they were killed for the gear.

Maybe its a bit too convoluted but its an idea i'm throwing out there.

LetheNyx

So I did a fresh install of the mod, new world, new colony, and I'm constantly getting chief's angry with me over people going missing when I literally watched them exit the map all happy and healthy....

GWindborn

Quickly popping in here.

I think you may be missing the problem here.. The people other tribes are claiming have died in our land are clearly NOT in our land.  Literally every group that leaves turns up "missing" as far as Chiefs are concerned.  Something happened between 1.11 and 1.13, because 1.11 is fine.  if there was something that was legitimately killing them that we could prevent, I'm pretty sure we would have noticed.

Fitz

Hi orion, love your work it's amazing, but I have to confirm same as letheNyx, new world, new colony, deleted Hospitality folder, installed new version (again), sorted mod order, closed rimworld and restarted before creating world or colony, and still received the chief angered message after my first visitors left the map safely. I've gone back to version 1.11c, which is the last version that works correctly for me (apart from CR compatability, but hey free stuff lol). Sorry for the bad news :(