[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Quote from: LetheNyx on June 06, 2016, 07:44:38 PM
So I did a fresh install of the mod, new world, new colony, and I'm constantly getting chief's angry with me over people going missing when I literally watched them exit the map all happy and healthy....
Quote from: GWindborn on June 07, 2016, 08:55:11 AM
I think you may be missing the problem here.. The people other tribes are claiming have died in our land are clearly NOT in our land.  Literally every group that leaves turns up "missing" as far as Chiefs are concerned.  Something happened between 1.11 and 1.13, because 1.11 is fine.  if there was something that was legitimately killing them that we could prevent, I'm pretty sure we would have noticed.
When you say 1.13 do you mean 1.13b? I changed how the system works in that version. Angry chiefs are not related to pawns leaving the map anymore.

Quote from: Zakhad on June 06, 2016, 05:20:50 PM
Could you make a inventory check? in that when they enter the map their inventory is registered. If they don't hear back from the members sent to your colony then they send a single scout to figure out what has happened before laying blame. If they find the said body, then they take the body back with only minor penalties, (Died under suspicious circumstances with a stacking cumulative effect in such a way like "Hold on, that's the second person to die in that territory now they're really starting to hate you") but if they find a corpse that is empty of it's equipment then the hosting colony would suffer major diplomatic relations under the assumption that they were killed for the gear.

Maybe its a bit too convoluted but its an idea i'm throwing out there.
This is indeed way too complex. Usually the amount of problems and new exploits introduced by such a system far outweigh the extra realism it adds.

LetheNyx

Quote from: Orion on June 07, 2016, 05:14:52 PM
When you say 1.13 do you mean 1.13b? I changed how the system works in that version. Angry chiefs are not related to pawns leaving the map anymore.

Yes, 1.13b... doesn't matter what I do the chiefs are ALWAYS angry at me... every single time I get visitors... Every single faction just gets SUPER pissed because they think their people are going missing when they aren't and they're blaming me.

EDIT: I just double checked and it's actually both 1.13 & 1.13b versions doing this...

Diana Winters

Quote from: Orion on June 07, 2016, 05:14:52 PM

It's still broken :/

Orion

I found the problem! I stupidly left some code in that was supposed to be gone ::)

Changelog
1.13c - 08.06.2016
- fix: factions will now get angry on death of visitors instead of after 2 days
- fix: creating visitors will not run into an infinite loop anymore

joaonunes

Quote from: Orion on June 08, 2016, 07:36:44 AM
I found the problem! I stupidly left some code in that was supposed to be gone ::)

:P

EDIT: where is it? I can only see the 1.13b on the dropbox...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Jaszczur

joaonunes

Quote from: Jaszczur on June 08, 2016, 08:09:59 AM
Download link to newest version :)?

I must be blind because I can only find the 1.13b :'(

Jaszczur

Fridolin

joaonunes

Quote from: Fridolin on June 08, 2016, 08:31:07 AM
he forgot it simply

Yeah... it reminds me of the time I forgot to send a report to my teacher and instead sent him a blank email :P

Orion

Ah damn. Put my PC on standby before the upload was complete ::)

Fridolin

joaonunes

Orion

It is uploaded now, btw, and should be fixed (hopefully for real this time).

DFC

1.13c is still broken. People are still going missing despite leaving the map.