[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diana Winters

Quote from: DFC on June 09, 2016, 03:30:36 PM
1.13c is still broken. People are still going missing despite leaving the map.
Did you make a new world and colony?

DFC

Quote from: Diana Winters on June 09, 2016, 07:08:31 PM
Quote from: DFC on June 09, 2016, 03:30:36 PM
1.13c is still broken. People are still going missing despite leaving the map.
Did you make a new world and colony?

I forgot to mention I updated an existing colony. I started my colony on 1.13b then downgraded to 1.11c and updated to 1.13c. All with new folders and only 1 version of the mod loaded at once of course.

EDIT: Changed the load order around seem to no longer have missing people issues

LeonKitsune

Seems to work perfectly now for me with a new colony.
Even seems to work with existing saves! good work :3

Orion

As always, it should work fine with existing saves. But indeed, if another mod overloads stuff things can go wrong.

Faythe

Heya I just wanted to let you know you have a small typo in one of your files:
Hospitality - Defs - RulePackDefs (exited should be excited)
<RulePackDef>
    <defName>Sentence_CharmAttemptAccepted</defName>
    <rulePack>
      <rulesStrings>
        <li>sent->[recipient_nameShortDef] is exited about [initiator_nameShortDef]'s proposal.</li>
      </rulesStrings>
    </rulePack>
  </RulePackDef>

Orion

Warforyou

I can verify that ppl go missing when leaving the map thus breaking relationship with all other faction. Sure it could be other mod that is causing the bug, but I have no clue

Seems that, whatever was causing it, but after updating from v1.13 to v.1.13c the bug is gone

Orion

Quote from: Warforyou on June 12, 2016, 08:08:08 PM
I can verify that ppl go missing when leaving the map thus breaking relationship with all other faction. Sure it could be other mod that is causing the bug, but I have no clue
Seems that, whatever was causing it, but after updating from v1.13 to v.1.13c the bug is gone
That was indeed the point of the updates.

☢FLAY☢

Should your mod not work with different type pawns such as the super soldier in The Genetic Engineering mod.

Orion

Quote from: ☢FLAY☢ on June 13, 2016, 08:40:03 PM
Should your mod not work with different type pawns such as the super soldier in The Genetic Engineering mod.
It should, but I'm afraid it might not.

Near

Quote from: Orion on June 06, 2016, 04:38:29 AM
About people dying on your land - this is the only reliable way to prevent exploits. If it worked only in your homezone, players could just remove the homezone after locking guests in and wait until they die. Unfortunately I can't check for their exact cause of death. So other factions killing them is not something I can check for.

Why don't you make a visitor zone. much like a home zone but the only difference is that you cannot delete or expand that zone. and faction will only angry if your visitors die in the visitor zone

Orion

Quote from: Near on June 14, 2016, 08:51:37 AM
Why don't you make a visitor zone. much like a home zone but the only difference is that you cannot delete or expand that zone. and faction will only angry if your visitors die in the visitor zone
Because then players can still kill them outside of this zone.

Near

Quote from: Orion on June 14, 2016, 09:18:55 AM
Quote from: Near on June 14, 2016, 08:51:37 AM
Because then players can still kill them outside of this zone.
Of course if the player directly order pawns to kill visitors, the faction will always get angry. i just can't think of any sophisticated plan to kill visitors which doesn't involve some buildings (outside the visitor zone)

InfiniteRemnant

It's not hard. I've set something up before where i had boxed in a dozen angry starving definitely-not-tame animals (preferably hard-to-kill carnivores. they need to all be the same species so they wont eat each other.) between any potential visitors and my base.

Let the animals kill the caravan/raid/visitors, wait till they're asleep, loot, leave just enoughbodies behind so they don't die of hunger before the next group show up. rinse and repeat. No zones needed, no relationship debuff.

Then there was the time that i killed off everything in the forest that wasn't a 'boomer' animal so they would overpopulate, and would I chain-react blowing them up so that the visitors die from the explosions & fires, not me. again no zones needed, no relationship debuff.

you can also deliberately dig caves to encourage bug hives near a bottleneck in the map, build a 'visitor center' that has two dozen extra heaters on an external switch that you flick while they're asleep, move a battery or something else heavy and obstructing in front of a door while a visitor is in a room, use incendiary weapons to surround them with fire without actually firing directly at them, piss off a bear with someone fast and run past them, knock out a roof support while they're under it, etc... none of which require zones of any kind.

If you want to be a dick in this game there are PLENTY of ways to do it.

kinda like the angry chief thing cause it makes this sort of thing more challenging to get away with.

notfood

Quote from: BandOfDog on June 17, 2016, 07:52:23 PM
Ok I have a few errors which involve Hospitality Mod so thought I'd post them here just to make sure these aren't the ones causing the non raiding situation!

Here's both of them http://imgur.com/a/BrNiw

What's the source of this error? I get it too often as well. Is it a config problem of the HardcoreSK pack or something else?