[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReconCrow

There + picture
Your mod works well for month, even though many mods until I install the faction discovery to add more faction.
I notice that the faction I install in the middle of game don't appear at all so i install the faction discovery, but when I install it the old faction visitor gets affected and starting to be dumb
The guy in the picture also had food in his own inventory.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Orion

You're getting a lot of errors. So my guess is you're having a major mod conflict or a mod of the wrong version.
I can't tell what exactly triggers it and why you get it when you add Faction Discovery.

This is like me trying to fix your car's engine, after you send me a picture of your car and tell me it doesn't drive.
Sometimes I can see there's a wheel missing, but in this case I can only tell that there's a lot of smoke coming from the engine.

My rule of thumb to avoid problems is not to activate or deactivate mods while a group from another faction is on your map.

ridjack

Quote from: Orion on October 15, 2016, 05:28:56 AM

@ridjack: What were your indicators? Why do you think it should have failed?

In this particular case, it succeeded with a 34% chance. Obviously meaningless on its own; but I've been seeing that sort of low-chance successes alot.

In the screenshot, Bear was annoyed by the attempt to recruit him. It gave a negative mood debuff and a negative social modifier with his recruiter.

I'll save scum with a visitor later and see what I come up with; is there anything in particular I should document?

ReconCrow

Quote from: Orion on October 15, 2016, 09:11:15 AM
You're getting a lot of errors. So my guess is you're having a major mod conflict or a mod of the wrong version.
I can't tell what exactly triggers it and why you get it when you add Faction Discovery.

This is like me trying to fix your car's engine, after you send me a picture of your car and tell me it doesn't drive.
Sometimes I can see there's a wheel missing, but in this case I can only tell that there's a lot of smoke coming from the engine.

My rule of thumb to avoid problems is not to activate or deactivate mods while a group from another faction is on your map.
Well, I don't know what error, but it only happens when I start to install faction discovery, either way seem like I have to start a new game and deactivate faction discovery.
Edit: Also the reason you see many errors because I give you the output_log that show errors.
In the other output_log I don't find any errors at all.

Orion

@ridjack: Generally im curious about what happened and how that was different from your expectations.
I did choose to make recruitment easier in the past -  but it still has to be possible early in the game or when you're in a pinch (3/4 of your colony got wiped and you really need that doctor).

@ReconCrow: I can't find any errors that directly relate to Faction Discovery. So my guess is that by it spawning the other factions, something breaks.
Unless Faction Discovery can't be added mid game anymore and I missed that when testing and the error does not look related.

Shooting in the dark.

ReconCrow

Quote from: Orion on October 16, 2016, 07:02:38 AM
@ridjack: Generally im curious about what happened and how that was different from your expectations.
I did choose to make recruitment easier in the past -  but it still has to be possible early in the game or when you're in a pinch (3/4 of your colony got wiped and you really need that doctor).

@ReconCrow: I can't find any errors that directly relate to Faction Discovery. So my guess is that by it spawning the other factions, something breaks.
Unless Faction Discovery can't be added mid game anymore and I missed that when testing and the error does not look related.

Shooting in the dark.
Ok.
Great mod btw, Hospitality should be added to the core game.

ridjack

Quote from: Orion on October 16, 2016, 07:02:38 AM

It doesn't seem to make sense that someone is annoyed by a recruitment attempt, but then joins anyway, to my mind.

Orion

You mean after one failed attempt it should be impossible?

Zakhad

Do you happen to have a github Orion? I was wondering what you did to fix:

GetRoom() error

Fix: visitors not coming while having prisoners (yikes!)

As I'm playing with a alpha 14 modpack and wondering if I could implement the changes myself.

DariusWolfe

QuoteIt doesn't seem to make sense that someone is annoyed by a recruitment attempt, but then joins anyway, to my mind.

I think he's saying that the mood debuff for the recruitment attempt seems counterintuitive when the pawn joins the Colony. If the debuff is happening from the same recruitment attempt that succeeded, I would agree, but if the debuff is lingering from a prior failed attempt, then that's just Rimworld; It's the same exact thing as continuing to be upset over marriage proposal rejections after a successful marriage proposal.

Fireiy

Hello! First I have to say that this is truly a great mod that adds a lot more interactivity with other factions.
However, recently Rimworld started to receive errors whenever I attempted to save it.
EDIT: Some additional info, saving works perfectly fine if I create a new colony and the error only started occurring in the middle of the second year. There are also no people from other factions present on my colony. Several previous save files of the same colony also have the same error when trying to save, but even earlier files work. The only difference between the last save that worked and the first one that didn't work is that an insect hive spawned in a 1x1 area.

Here is a copy of the relevant section of the output log.
http://pastebin.com/AyBRLqMd

And attached is the full version of the output log.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Orion

Hello Fireiy,

thanks for reporting this. I'm not sure my mod is causing it, though. If you look at the section where your savegame is loaded, you can see it's already getting several objects wrong. In 3 cases it tries to load apparel as pawns. Also you get like 20 id bank errors, which, if I recall correctly, can also cause issues when saving.
So that saving doesn't work is, from what I can tell, the result of a failed load.

I do have a hunch that where this is coming from is traders with slaves not cleaning up correctly.

It is possible that Hospitality has to do with it, though. It sometimes pulls map pawns, which could be slaves from traders. So what I would try is edit a copy of the save game and empty the traders list.

But then, this is just speculation. Are you using the Steam version or this one?

@Zakhad:
I'm not sure you can view it, but here's the link. Just send me a PM if it's not working.

FridayBiology

Hey, i'm compiling a list for quality of life mods that i love. do you mind if i list yours?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Orion