[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzharNoordin

Quote from: Canute on January 19, 2017, 10:45:05 AM
When your friends comes to visit you, do you just talk to then once or the whole visit with them ?

Fine.....you have a point there......

Orion

I was actually trying to make the diplomats stay with the guests the whole time (or as much as possible), but this has turned out to be too difficult.

But no, that does not feel like how it should work. I think it's fine as it is. You don't HAVE to entertain them. You can turn diplomats off or turn entertaining them off entirely. It's up to you!

Canute

And when you assign more people to nego. they share the entertain job.

DariusWolfe

I dunno if it's been fixed since then since I'm all "once bitten, twice shy" about it, but I only let my top social talk to guests, because when I was a bit more open about it, I'd be frequently damaging relations with visitors.

Hydromancerx

Has anyone encountered Trade caravans starving to death when they visit your city since they never leave?

Canute

Not me so far.
Currently the tradecaravans barely leave the map, because of tiberum poisoning.

Techgenius

Quote from: Canute on January 21, 2017, 02:45:48 AM
Not me so far.
Currently the tradecaravans barely leave the map, because of tiberum poisoning.

Oh my, I thought it was only I who created a cthulhu occult religion on Tiberium as it poisoned the land, while surviving a rimworld zombie apocalipse. Sometimes its awesome to go crazy with mods.

Smexy_Vampire

is there a way to set them to buy things on defult outside the set room as i see a tick box you have to manual do on the gust tab

Canute

No,
when you want that they randomly buy your stuff.
Put the guest beds into your storage room. Mosttimes they just buy cheaper stuff like like resources,textiles.
Never saw them buy any expensive, so your thrumbo horns or AI chips are safe.
But at this way you can earn a few hundert extra silver each visit.

Icefrenzy

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 20, 2017, 10:14:56 PM
Has anyone encountered Trade caravans starving to death when they visit your city since they never leave?

I only got that bug after I installed the "Children and Pregnancy" mod. Besides that it shouldn't have that issue

LordMunchkin

Can you do a compatibility patch for Hospitality and Dubs Bad Hygiene?  :D

Orion

@lordmunchkin: I'm using that mod (loaded after hospitality) and it works mostly. Guests don't use the facilities, though and get upset about it.
@hydromancer: I guess there is your answer.
@canute: The beds don't have to be in the same room anymore.
@vampire: when you make the area for your guests, just include the stockpile with what you want to sell. The tick box is if you don't want them to buy anything at all.

Canute

Call me dump, but i still don't see/find the way to set an area for visitors.

deathstar

Quote from: Canute on January 23, 2017, 11:22:14 AM

Just like you would when assigning areas your colonists or animals are/aren't allowed in. Manage Areas.

kcirdor

Quote from: deathstar on January 23, 2017, 11:49:51 AM
Quote from: Canute on January 23, 2017, 11:22:14 AM

Just like you would when assigning areas your colonists or animals are/aren't allowed in. Manage Areas.

Right, Manage Areas, create one just for guests.  Go to Guests Tab on the visitor and assign your guests to the guest area you just created.  You can keep them our of your storage this way, and they will only buy items found in the guest area.  I prefer they purchase dead mans clothes and or any drugs I leave in the guest room later in the game.  Early on I prefer they give me all the silver they can because I start out with nothing but my one pawn on tribal.  So the guest area comes in handy after I have settled in.