[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

@Grabarz: Yes, make an area and assign it to the guests when they visit.
@Lord_Orion: That's exactly the reason. If the region is too dangerous, they have 100% chance to join. Vanilla added this. I just added the dialog to send them away anyway.

System.Linq

Any way we could get an option to disable the improved/worsened relationship messages? They're a bit spammy.

Orion

That's quite true. What / when would you rather like to be notified?

System.Linq

I don't really want to be notified at all. Maybe if they fail a low percentage change, so that I know they shouldn't be assigned to entertaining visitors.

Canute

Can't you just made a checkbox at the option, about the messages ?
Get message for succesful entertainment X
Get message for failed entertainment X

Sure you could made it, when an guest got 2-3 times a failed entertainment he will be a buzzkillflag and noone try to improve faction with him anymore.
But i think a player need to have a bit attention to that and shouldn't let the mod do all things.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: faltonico on January 26, 2017, 09:08:06 PM
There might be an incompatibility with rumours and deception,
"Getting random element from empty collection"
That is just a warning though, but it can be very very VERY spammy.
Getting random element from empty collection.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.GenCollection:RandomElement(IEnumerable`1)
RumoursAndDeception.InteractionWorker_ChattedAboutSomeone:ChooseChattedAbout(Pawn, Pawn)
RumoursAndDeception.InteractionWorker_ChattedAboutSomeone:RandomSelectionWeight(Pawn, Pawn)
Hospitality.Detouring.<>c__DisplayClass4:<TryInteractRandomly>b__0(InteractionDef)
Verse.GenCollection:TryRandomElementByWeight(IEnumerable`1, Func`2, InteractionDef&)
Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_InteractionsTracker:TryInteractRandomly(Pawn_InteractionsTracker)
RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker:InteractionsTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

This bug i suppose related to RumoursAndDeception that seems have compatibility problems with Alien_Race

Orion

I'm not too happy with these messages either. But at some point the player needs to be warned that things are going wrong.

The percentage thing sounds like an idea that could work.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Orion on January 28, 2017, 08:42:59 AM
I'm not too happy with these messages either. But at some point the player needs to be warned that things are going wrong.

The percentage thing sounds like an idea that could work.

Its only use InteractionTracker, that Hospitality detours. The same errors without using hospitality and error goes through vanilla InteractionTracker. I'll check that.

Napple

Not sure if bug or exploit but you order guests to drop what's in their inventory.

Lord_Orion

Quote from: Orion on January 27, 2017, 05:33:40 PM
@Lord_Orion: That's exactly the reason. If the region is too dangerous, they have 100% chance to join. Vanilla added this. I just added the dialog to send them away anyway.

Thanks for the improvement.  :)

Quote from: Grabarz on January 27, 2017, 06:46:46 AM
Is there anyway to limit area where quests can move ? well i created some of food stockpiles where temperature is around -100 celsius and even when i installed mod with refrigerators placed there best quality food i can produce, mosts guests wandering with hypothermia and dying in my super cold stockpiles, then factions are becoming angry and then i got even more enemies ....
I'm having the same problem some visitors are still freezing and blaming me for their incompetence.

Orion

@Napple: It'll be fixed in the next update.
@Lord_Orion: Then the same answer applies to you.

System.Linq

Thanks for the good work. This is a great mod that massively improves the vanilla game. Would you consider, on the note of choosing whether or not to accept rescued pawns, adding an option to send away caravans? They kind of get in the way during fights as it is, which makes them more harm than help, and it's less exploitable than a caravan spot.

Orion

To make that possible I have to make quite an incision into their vanilla code. I'd rather leave that to a dedicated caravan mod.

Grabarz

Quote from: Orion on January 27, 2017, 05:33:40 PM
@Grabarz: Yes, make an area and assign it to the guests when they visit.

problem lies i don't know how ?

when i creating areas i can choose just 2 options
New Area and New animal Area
i can't see anything else there

System.Linq

You have to assign it to them when they visit in the Guest tab. Then make it the default.