[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Quote from: Grabarz on January 29, 2017, 07:06:47 AM
Quote from: Orion on January 27, 2017, 05:33:40 PM
@Grabarz: Yes, make an area and assign it to the guests when they visit.
@Lord_Orion: That's exactly the reason. If the region is too dangerous, they have 100% chance to join. Vanilla added this. I just added the dialog to send them away anyway.

problem lies i don't know how ?

when i creating areas i can choose just 2 options
New Area and New animal Area
i can't see anything else there
You did the same wrong think path like me.
You can't create a guest zone.
You can assign guest to a special zone (single use or by default).
Select a guest, open the guest Tab, then you should see on the top your zones you can choose.
And the button, make or set default (can't remember without game).

Grabarz

Quote from: Psychology on January 29, 2017, 07:15:46 AM
You have to assign it to them when they visit in the Guest tab. Then make it the default.

Can you post a screenshot how to do it properly ? me or my mods are confused and i can't get it work

Grabarz

Quote from: Canute on January 29, 2017, 08:45:19 AM
Quote from: Grabarz on January 29, 2017, 07:06:47 AM
Quote from: Orion on January 27, 2017, 05:33:40 PM
@Grabarz: Yes, make an area and assign it to the guests when they visit.
@Lord_Orion: That's exactly the reason. If the region is too dangerous, they have 100% chance to join. Vanilla added this. I just added the dialog to send them away anyway.

problem lies i don't know how ?

when i creating areas i can choose just 2 options
New Area and New animal Area
i can't see anything else there
You did the same wrong think path like me.
You can't create a guest zone.
You can assign guest to a special zone (single use or by default).
Select a guest, open the guest Tab, then you should see on the top your zones you can choose.
And the button, make or set default (can't remember without game).

please post a screenshot - i can't find a guest tab ?!

EDIT: nevermind me some of my mods just blocked the Hospitality full operational power so i couldn't see a and use guest tab

Angius

I'm currently experiencing a weird bug, that completely prevents me from continuing to play on my current save. There's one spot on the map, where visitors constantly spawn. And I mean constantly. 15-20 per second or so. It makes the framerate absolutely unplayable if the game isn't paused. Here's what it looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/u9eBDiJ.jpg

Why am I posting it here? Well, I turned the dev mode on to delete all these pawns. It didn't help, they began spawning anew.
I used the 21x21 rock tool in hopes, that the game won't spawn pawns on impassable terrain. I was wrong.
I deleted the rock, and took a look at the debug log. Here's what greeted me:
http://i.imgur.com/0a9BnT2.jpg

Edit: Changed pictures to links, since they were being displayed as much too big.

Edit2: (0, 0, 169) coordinates is a walkable tile, by the by.

Edit3: It happened again, on another save, much earlier.

Edit 4: Fixed it. Here's what I did:
1. Uninstalled Hospitality in-game
2. Restarted the game, closed it again
3. Deleted Hospitality folder
4. Turned the game on and off for a good measure
5. Installed Hospitality again
6. Enabled it in-game, put it at the last position in load order

When I loaded my save again, all 50-something people left, leaving just the standard party of 3 visitors

Orion

If you update the mod, make sure to not overwrite the previous version. That's the road to madness.

Dirty Foot

Quote from: Angius on January 29, 2017, 04:24:53 PM
I'm currently experiencing a weird bug, that completely prevents me from continuing to play on my current save. There's one spot on the map, where visitors constantly spawn. And I mean constantly. 15-20 per second or so. It makes the framerate absolutely unplayable if the game isn't paused. Here's what it looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/u9eBDiJ.jpg

Why am I posting it here? Well, I turned the dev mode on to delete all these pawns. It didn't help, they began spawning anew.
I used the 21x21 rock tool in hopes, that the game won't spawn pawns on impassable terrain. I was wrong.
I deleted the rock, and took a look at the debug log. Here's what greeted me:
http://i.imgur.com/0a9BnT2.jpg

Edit: Changed pictures to links, since they were being displayed as much too big.

Edit2: (0, 0, 169) coordinates is a walkable tile, by the by.

Edit3: It happened again, on another save, much earlier.

Edit 4: Fixed it. Here's what I did:
1. Uninstalled Hospitality in-game
2. Restarted the game, closed it again
3. Deleted Hospitality folder
4. Turned the game on and off for a good measure
5. Installed Hospitality again
6. Enabled it in-game, put it at the last position in load order

When I loaded my save again, all 50-something people left, leaving just the standard party of 3 visitors

Are you me? I just went through THIS exact order trying to fix the solution, even down to the detail of trying to block their spawning with terrain. I only popped in here to see if it was Hospitality causing the problem before I went through the trouble of removing and re-adding it.

BlackGyver

Hello!

I have a small QoL feature request; I'd like to be able to prevent people from visiting some of my colonies (that are really just depots, with no colonists in them most of the time), this could take the form of a "no visitors" signpost!

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this!

Canute

If you don't want visitors or raids, maybe you should try the Setcamp mod.
You can made a (temporary) camp with smaller map, without the most events.

Mst

Quote from: Deathawaits4 on January 25, 2017, 08:27:05 PM
hei, so i get this error when a asari, from the asari mod tries to join me via refugee request. I dont know if this is linked to your mod, but the errorlog t ells me that it has. Can you somehow help me? because when ever a refugee tries to join me, he just comes down via pod, is neutral and just walks away and i dont get a raid or anything. That means that the event doesnt get fired correctly am i right? Well would appreciate your help :) ty for the great mod!

Exception filling window for Verse.Dialog_NodeTree: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AlienRace.AlienPawn.SetFaction (RimWorld.Faction newFaction, Verse.Pawn recruiter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.IncidentWorker_RefugeeChased+<>c__DisplayClass5.<TryExecute>b__2 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DiaOption.Activate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DiaOption.OptOnGUI (Rect rect, Boolean active) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_NodeTree.DrawNode (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_NodeTree.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.GuiInject.WindowDetour+<>c__DisplayClass1.<_WindowOnGUI>b__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.GuiInject.<>c__DisplayClass1:<_WindowOnGUI>b__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Same kind of problem.
I load Hospitality after Alien Races and Asari near the bottom of the list. Am I doing it wrong? I'm not really good at it. Would much appreciate any help. Anyway huge thanks for the awesome work!

BlackGyver

Quote from: Canute on January 31, 2017, 02:17:10 AM
If you don't want visitors or raids, maybe you should try the Setcamp mod.
You can made a (temporary) camp with smaller map, without the most events.

I do have the mod, but the generated map is really small, and also disappears as soon as your last colonist leaves it, so in this particular instance it wasn't quite the right choice for me!

faltonico

I don't know if i should blame your mod, fluffy's or haplo's for this error:
tried to enable work Hauling for HaulingBot, who is incapable of said work.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker:SetPriority(WorkGiverDef, Int32, Int32)
Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker:SetPriority(WorkTypeDef, Int32, Int32)
Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker:InitPriorityCache()
Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker:.ctor(Pawn)
Fluffy_Tabs.WorldObject_Priorities:WorkgiverTracker(Pawn)
Fluffy_Tabs.Widgets:Priorities(Pawn)
Fluffy_Tabs.Detours_WorkSettings:_SetPriority(WorkTypeDef, Int32)
RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings:Disable(WorkTypeDef)
Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_WorkSettings:CheckForDisabledTypes(Pawn_WorkSettings, Pawn)
Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_WorkSettings:ExposeData(Pawn_WorkSettings)
Verse.PostLoadInitter:DoAllPostLoadInits()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__736()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

rogerbacon

How can I place things in the guests' room so they will buy it? I can't figure a way to tell my colonists to pick up something (other than equiping it) and carry it around.

Rei-No

I have no Guest tab?  I've tried loading the mod in several orders and even only loaded it basically alone, I have HugsLib loaded also.  I  can select the neo opition in the work, list but absolutely no guest tab. I get rated -43 to -100 when they visit, my colonist interacts with them, but I have no guest tab anywhere. I can't build beds or set anything aside for them.Edit I've only loaded your mod.  when they  come to visit there is a quest tag in their menu, however I still have none any place else and I can't set rooms aside for them nor give them a bed?

gendalf

Guests often leave more things but the message at the top only lists one stack of some one thing..
imo it would've been better if it were instead a clickable message in the bottom-left, with a list of everything that they've purchased from the stockpiles in their area throughout their stay and what they've left as gifts.