[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

Quote from: rogerbacon on February 01, 2017, 07:33:02 PM
How can I place things in the guests' room so they will buy it? I can't figure a way to tell my colonists to pick up something (other than equiping it) and carry it around.
Make a stockpile in the guest room with higher priority than the stockpile the item is currently on, if they don't haul regardless of that, delete a single square of the stockpile where the item is laying on after that.

Orion

@faltonico: Maybe then it's time to reflect about why you need to put blame with someone. You could try and realise where the responsibility really lies. Let me know when it helps.
@rogerbacon: What he said.
@Rei-No: Try deleting the mod folder and downloading it fresh.
@gandalf: The mod is open source. Feel free to add this yourself.

Mst

Quote from: Rei-No on February 01, 2017, 08:39:11 PM
I have no Guest tab?  I've tried loading the mod in several orders and even only loaded it basically alone, I have HugsLib loaded also.  I  can select the neo opition in the work, list but absolutely no guest tab. I get rated -43 to -100 when they visit, my colonist interacts with them, but I have no guest tab anywhere. I can't build beds or set anything aside for them.Edit I've only loaded your mod.  when they  come to visit there is a quest tag in their menu, however I still have none any place else and I can't set rooms aside for them nor give them a bed?

In my experience tab appears sometimes only when you select the leader, just try to click on every one and see if it comes up. Then you can select an area as you do it normally in zone menu.

Realized it only after some visitors' leader froze to death sleepeng right beside my door and his friend went berserk in my kitchen attacking my dog. Luckly before that he also experienced a severe frostbite so the dog took him down. After that their faction sent me two notes of bitter disappointment and relations went negative.
Laughed so hard :)) best mod ever

faltonico

Quote from: Orion on February 02, 2017, 03:51:00 AM
@faltonico: Maybe then it's time to reflect about why you need to put blame with someone. You could try and realise where the responsibility really lies. Let me know when it helps.
Blame wasn't the right choice of word xD
I have no idea which one of the 3 might be responsible, or if it happens only when the 3 are combined, I don't know even if it is harmless. I couldn't test any further either, had to abandon that colony.

Orion

From what I can tell it's a combined effort. Hospitality does some unexpected stuff that vanilla wouldn't do, so the other mods error out.

Rei-No

Ok I finely got a guest tab. where its placement is very unatural. You really need to add a tab into one of the menu's, the fact that I can only use it when I actually have a quest is incorrect, I should be able to build their room and beds at any time. And set thier settings at that time. I should also be able to select a basic area for them.  that  way i could properly prepare for the guest and not run around like some chicken minus a head that always leads to mistakes, for me anyway.  it was so funny  I put you mod first after the HugsLib mod and then I placed  the pathing mods I'm using last with Eb right above it, thats when it started working, in the first game I get a tab that opened the menu but no bed, when I loaded the second game it all started working, I would like to see the changes I asked for implemented, simply because, I always end up moving things,  now if I have beds built for them, I can't assign them as guest beds, when they show up, I have to tear them out and replace them, really.

@ Kurt Russel   that would have been great to see!,  I don't know why but it started working, I don't think its because of the placements but its working, I have some issues with it but its still a keeper

Oh I have a story already,  the first guest it worked with, was from a colony that actually hates me, I never got him a bed built because it never showed up. But, I decided to give him full run of the colony area's to see what would happen,  when he got to my storage are, he bought all the wood I had, since I had spawned in on the ocean ice, it totally ruined my game, but he did pay for it but that payment was underwhelming for 300 wood! oh well ouch i wont do that again, my bad.  when he left he gave me a score of 100. 

Mst

@Rei-No If I remember correctly you can place guest beds anytime, they are not set like prisoners or medics and act like a separate furniture in construction meny. Only the ability to zone the area appears with actual guests on the map and disabled when there are none.

Canute

QuoteOk I finely got a guest tab. where its placement is very unatural. You really need to add a tab into one of the menu's, the fact that I can only use it when I actually have a quest is incorrect,
Sorry, but it is similar to the prisoner tab.
Do you can adjust prisoner relations without having a prisoner beside to set bed's to prisoners ?

But you can build bed's without guests.
You can made and set up a zone for guests without having a guest.
And when the 1. guest arrive you even get an event notification, you can jump to the guest.
And then setup zone and behaviour to the guest as default.
Yes, at the first time you need to look, but didn't happen this to all things at Rimworld you encounter first ?

Sarelth

I have been having a lot of traders getting attacked while in my base by wild animals. Almost every visitor I have had in my last 3 maps have been mauled or killed by at least 3 animals at a time. And the animals go out of their way to cross the map to get to the visitors. Is there something in Hospitality that might cause this?

metky

Quote from: Sarelth on February 03, 2017, 09:18:06 AM
I have been having a lot of traders getting attacked while in my base by wild animals. Almost every visitor I have had in my last 3 maps have been mauled or killed by at least 3 animals at a time. And the animals go out of their way to cross the map to get to the visitors. Is there something in Hospitality that might cause this?

1) are there other prey animals on the map?
2) are the visitors who are being killed already sickly/injured?
3) there are some mods that intentionally make animals more dangerous, did you happen to install an animal pack that might have included this?

Sorry if you've already considered these! I haven't had any issues with Hospitality and animals so it might just be a weird interaction amongst your mods.

Canute

You need to take care of caravan's and visitors, that means you can't just ignore all the predators on the map.
You should form a hunting party every few days to kill them.

faltonico

Quote from: Sarelth on February 03, 2017, 09:18:06 AM
Something like that happened to me, but as it was not accompanied with anything weird in the output_log i simply could not report that behavior anywhere, the situation in my playthrough happened with a guest, the thing is, he was not near the predators, the predators had plenty of prey and they all attacked at the same time:

Does this has to do with Hospitality? I have a shitton of other mods, I simply can't tell.

Orion

I don't have the problem and most others don't have it either. But I have had people who encountered this before. I have no idea what causes it. Must be another mod.

spaceland

i have like an problem with the letters...

its sooo bugged bro, letters like: éááááééééuúúú (not like this, more bugged)

Orion

Which language do you use? Did you delete the mod folder before you updated it?