[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pichu0102

Is there anything you can do to keep guests longer to wait for manhunter packs to pass or stay indoors while raids and the like are underway?

Orion

Pichu0102

Afraid not. At least if you get a lot of visitors, the rep hit is only 5 per person when they decide to leave and walk out into their deaths, and probably wouldn't be able to turn the faction hostile if you had a good enough rep to have that many visitors in the first place.

MilkyChances

Not sure why my visitors keep leaving "because it's too cold" as soon they enter the map...
It's middle of summer, not even below 0c, they're also fully clothed.

Aerial

First off, thank you for this wonderful mod.  It really adds to the game.

I recently had a small group of tribals visit.  I sold them a bunch of dead man's clothing since they didn't have much money and proceeded to try to make their stay a pleasant one.  Apparently, I succeeded, and to show their gratitude they left me all of the dead man's clothing I'd sold them!  I wanted to run after them going "Nonono, *please* take this stuff with you!"

Is there any way to have the "parting gifts" not include anything that was sold to them recently?  Thanks!

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Aerial on February 21, 2017, 11:08:32 AM
"Nonono, *please* take this stuff with you!"
Apparently your expert salesmanship didn't make them actually want that crap either.  :P
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

gsgabsdas

Has anyone else had problems with animals randomly attacking (much more than usual) the guests? Animals will walk through my entire defense setup just to attack guests. It keeps leading to a -5 to -15 depending on if the guest(s) is/are hurt or killed.

I also had a problem with one guest (usually the trader) out of the entire pack who would dig INTO my base. Everyone else would either walk through my main entrance (airlock with doors) or my defensive entrance (sort of a kill-box but has a defined path for people to easily walk through). However, the one guest would dig through mountains/my walls to end up at some point.

I may have fixed it by opening up a few more paths, but it was a pain.

Smokebearer

I'm getting infinite visitor spawns that won't stop until the game crashes. I tried taking out any faction mods, and even running just Hospitality by itself, but the problem persists. Anything I can do about this?

AngleWyrm

Quote from: gsgabsdas on February 21, 2017, 06:39:38 PM
Has anyone else had problems with animals randomly attacking (much more than usual) the guests?

Yes, there seems to be a scenario where arriving guests are attacked by a vicious beast. Bear, Tiger, Wolf, something big. My solution has been to clear out the dangerous animals as soon as possible, by killing or taming them.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

faltonico

Quote from: gsgabsdas on February 21, 2017, 06:39:38 PM
Has anyone else had problems with animals randomly attacking (much more than usual) the guests? Animals will walk through my entire defense setup just to attack guests. It keeps leading to a -5 to -15 depending on if the guest(s) is/are hurt or killed.
Which mods are you using? i would like to cross them with the ones i'm using.

Orion

Attacking animals: This comes from a mod. I don't know which.

Digging through walls: This is seemingly a mod conflict. I couldn't find the culprit yet.

Sold stuff: I can't track what you have sold them, only what they have bought themselves. I could turn off parting gifts entirely, but I do like it myself.

Infinite visitor spawns: I couldn't track this one down yet. How about your log file? It seems to have to do with a repeating error days earlier, where they schedule their arrival 100s of times. If you don't play in dev mode you might miss (reporting) that, which is the actual problem.

Leaving because of cold: No idea, is it some wonky new faction type that needs it really warm?

Smokebearer

The error log didn't say anything strange until I turned Hospitality off. When I did that, it just listed about 12 errors involving Alpaca Wool, or other vanilla cloth types. Not sure what all that was about.

Orion

Yeah that's exactly the point. It fails spawning visitors days before (like, 50 times per second) and each fail schedules arriving visitors for days later, which then all spawn at the same time. So it could be it happened in a previous session.

And yeah, turning complex mods off midgame is pretty much impossible. It would be, if the game implemented some hooks / mechanisms for mods to gracefully uninstall, but the game doesn't, so that's that.

Orion

Btw, Chinese and Russian translations are updated now, for those who use them.

Canute

Quote from: Orion on February 22, 2017, 03:12:42 AM
Sold stuff: I can't track what you have sold them, only what they have bought themselves. I could turn off parting gifts entirely, but I do like it myself.
There just came a suggestion in mind.
It summary when the visitors leave is sometimes a bit to fast away to read it proper.
Could you maybe enable a switch to create an event window like when visitors arrive ?
And when you create this window, maybe a summary about sold object with prices if you can keep track of the sales (but i don't think so).