[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Failer

Do worry guys, it's not a bug it's feature. Orion just wants to help us, to keep our bases well organized, and what is more organized then all of this annoying furniture? Right no more furniture!

But yes i also was confused about my furniture just vanishing when i moved some stuff. But I'm sure Orion will fix it soon. :)

Canute

Quote from: KLk on August 25, 2017, 12:51:55 PM
Quote from: Lupin III on August 24, 2017, 01:18:29 PM
Quote from: KLk on August 17, 2017, 03:16:48 AM
Friendless, traders or just visitors LAG a ton to my game, play at 3 is like play at 0,5 :(
KLk, can you please share your modlist so we can check which we have in common?
how can i get the list with out copy by hand
Edit:
You should have installed hugslib.
Then just open the error log window, and press at Share logs at the buttun of the window and post the link.
At these link, they can see your modlist and the error logs.

Orion

My sincere excuses, everyone. A magic trick involving a bug and all your furniture went slightly wrong.

But it's all fixed now.

If you used the Dropbox version, just download it again now. If you use the Steam version, just restart RimWorld. I guess it's good to hear people are still using this mod :o

ItchyProphet

faltonico

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 15, 2017, 03:41:07 AM
I disabled the whole planetary faction in the faction defs .. which was kind of stupid, because the the Space Traders don't show up either.

The other thing which worked for me was just deactivating the guest beds when trade caravans from the slave emporium where here.
I just tested that commenting out the node <li Class="StockGenerator_Animals"> from <defName>Visitor_Walkblem_Slavers</defName> fixes the problem, so visitors from that faction simply don't bring slaves. Much much less drastic solution xD

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Orion on August 25, 2017, 05:44:33 PMI I guess it's good to hear people are still using this mod :o

You can be sure of that Lol. You should have seen the "panic waves" spreading on Reddit haha. More than 5 posts in a couple of hours.
We tried to explained and keep telling peoples to wait for a hopefully quick update. Good job on fixing it quick, thanks

Canute

Quote from: Orion on August 25, 2017, 05:44:33 PM
If you used the Dropbox version, just download it again now. If you use the Steam version, just restart RimWorld. I guess it's good to hear people are still using this mod :o
Maybe you didn't notice.
But your mod is one of the popular and must have for most of the modding player.
Keep up the good work !!
Maybe we should ask unlimedhugs for an analysis tool of all these uploaded logs, to give an overview about used mods ? :-)

Orion

@kaptain_kavern: Thanks for answering the reddit posts!

It would be good if the RimWorld mod list would show when which mod has been updated, and maybe highlight the most recent ones. That would help people find the cause of such an issue much faster.

@Canute: It's indeed impossible to tell how many people are using a mod. You can see the subscribers on Steam, so that's already more than here, but subscriber doesn't mean they're actually using it.

KLk

Quote from: Canute on August 25, 2017, 01:41:30 PM
Quote from: KLk on August 25, 2017, 12:51:55 PM
Quote from: Lupin III on August 24, 2017, 01:18:29 PM
Quote from: KLk on August 17, 2017, 03:16:48 AM
Friendless, traders or just visitors LAG a ton to my game, play at 3 is like play at 0,5 :(
KLk, can you please share your modlist so we can check which we have in common?
how can i get the list with out copy by hand
Edit:
You should have installed hugslib.
Done
Quote...
it's CE i did a test with and without CE :(
I love both mods buth CE is more interesting, i will pray for a fix :(

Orion

CE does a lot of fundamental stuff that is a challenge to be compatible too.

Flimflamshabam

Would it be possible to add an exception to faction relation damage when one of a groups members starts setting your shit on fire? Think it was a caravan and not a guest group but still had a pyromaniac among their numbers go crazy and tried to arrest them but they fought back and their group became hostile

Canute

LOL,
this mod only change the behavior around guests not caravans.
And no faction like it when you arrest or attack non-berserk members.

Only friendly way is that your set 1-2 colonist from your side as firewatch, once notice the first fire, and follow the pyromanic.

Orion

Update
1.17k - 30.08.2017
- Fix: Hospitality now has its own event queue so it doesn't clog up raids, etc.
- Fix: Visitors now won't bring fertilized eggs
- Fix: Added check against incidents on invalid maps

Canute

Quote- Fix: Visitors now won't bring fertilized eggs
*snief* ok.
They are mosttimes ruined anyway when they travel through the cold ice or hot desert (last heat wave 95C).

But the own event queue is nice, maybe so some extra visitor events ?
- Visitors got diseased and need treatment/cure.
- like chased refuge, just with visitors, they don't join but give some reward.

mvargus

Quote from: Orion on August 25, 2017, 05:44:33 PM
My sincere excuses, everyone. A magic trick involving a bug and all your furniture went slightly wrong.

But it's all fixed now.

I like this mod, it adds some flavor to the game.  Even if I've ended up with a lot of angry guests at times because I had no one good at being a host.