[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dellamorte

Quote from: mvargus on August 30, 2017, 06:43:18 PM
Quote from: Orion on August 25, 2017, 05:44:33 PM
My sincere excuses, everyone. A magic trick involving a bug and all your furniture went slightly wrong.

But it's all fixed now.

If you used the Dropbox version, just download it again now. If you use the Steam version, just restart RimWorld. I guess it's good to hear people are still using this mod :o

I like this mod, it adds some flavor to the game.  Even if I've ended up with a lot of angry guests at times because I had no one good at being a host.
I never bother with interacting with my guests and most of the time I get a score of 100, just provide a clean environment, tables and some entertainment you should be good.

mvargus

Quote from: Dellamorte on August 30, 2017, 08:13:03 PM
Quote from: mvargus on August 30, 2017, 06:43:18 PM
Quote from: Orion on August 25, 2017, 05:44:33 PM
My sincere excuses, everyone. A magic trick involving a bug and all your furniture went slightly wrong.

But it's all fixed now.

If you used the Dropbox version, just download it again now. If you use the Steam version, just restart RimWorld. I guess it's good to hear people are still using this mod :o

I like this mod, it adds some flavor to the game.  Even if I've ended up with a lot of angry guests at times because I had no one good at being a host.
I never bother with interacting with my guests and most of the time I get a score of 100, just provide a clean environment, tables and some entertainment you should be good.

True, but recently I've been running a custom start.  1 teenage colonist, with tribal level knowledge and very limited gear.  If visitors arrive at day 3 I'm probably still trying to get my base set up for me and some crops in the field.  I haven't had time or wood to build extra beds and joy items.

faltonico

Quote from: Orion on August 30, 2017, 12:39:03 PM
Update
1.17k - 30.08.2017
- Fix: Hospitality now has its own event queue so it doesn't clog up raids, etc.
- Fix: Visitors now won't bring fertilized eggs
- Fix: Added check against incidents on invalid maps

Excellent!

Thanks a lot!

Orion

Quote from: Canute on August 30, 2017, 01:19:29 PM
But the own event queue is nice, maybe so some extra visitor events ?
- Visitors got diseased and need treatment/cure.
- like chased refuge, just with visitors, they don't join but give some reward.
Well, it's really just so it doesn't conflict with RimWorld storytellers anymore. Apparently they do weird things when visitors are scheduled.
Other kinds of events were already possible before, but I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon. Sorry.

EpicGunBlast

I cant do anything as the lag is ridiculous now. Here is the error that is spewing out, any help would be greatly appreciated:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.LordTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.LordManager.LordManagerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Edit:
also got this when i try save my game:

Exception while saving game: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.ExposeData_StateGraph () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Deep.Look[Lord] (Verse.AI.Group.Lord& target, Boolean saveDestroyedThings, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Collections.Look[Lord] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, Boolean saveDestroyedThings, System.String label, LookMode lookMode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Collections.Look[Lord] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, System.String label, LookMode lookMode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.LordManager.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Deep.Look[LordManager] (Verse.AI.Group.LordManager& target, Boolean saveDestroyedThings, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Deep.Look[LordManager] (Verse.AI.Group.LordManager& target, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.ExposeComponents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Deep.Look[Map] (Verse.Map& target, Boolean saveDestroyedThings, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Collections.Look[Map] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, Boolean saveDestroyedThings, System.String label, LookMode lookMode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Collections.Look[Map] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, System.String label, LookMode lookMode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Deep.Look[Game] (Verse.Game& target, Boolean saveDestroyedThings, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Deep.Look[Game] (Verse.Game& target, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GameDataSaveLoader.<SaveGame>m__910 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SafeSaver.DoSave (System.String fullPath, System.String documentElementName, System.Action saveAction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.GameDataSaveLoader:SaveGame(String)
RimWorld.<DoFileInteraction>c__AnonStorey409:<>m__59F()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Orion

Well it looks like you somehow managed to break your game state. I hope you have a backup or auto save.
Otherwise you could try and use the debug tools to Destroy all non colonist characters on your map.

Hepta

Shouldn't the guest bed be under Furniture? I can't find it anywhere.
I moved it as low in the mod order as possible, and this is still the case.

Having read the previous pages, I must ask, does this conflict with Animal Husbandry Raids, or T's More Beds?
If not, I am at a loss.

I have plenty more mods installed, but I just have no idea where to start. X_X

Orion

There is no guest bed object (anymore). You can turn any bed into a guest bed. There should be a button when you select a bed.

faltonico

Friendlies that got downed and i rescued are staying around my base wandering after they recover. They are breaking because they don't eat, rest or do joy.
I post to see if anyone else is having that issue.
There are no related error in the log.

Flimflamshabam

Quote from: faltonico on September 09, 2017, 05:17:43 PM
Friendlies that got downed and i rescued are staying around my base wandering after they recover. They are breaking because they don't eat, rest or do joy.
I post to see if anyone else is having that issue.
There are no related error in the log.

I had a similar issue but the people in question were part of a caravan and not a guest group. One of them was triggering something that was constantly bringing up the log but I didn't think to save it. He was in a mental state iirc so it was something about the job giver trying to tell him to do something related to the break that was buggy or something, unrelated to Hospitality I assume and likely more related to Psychology.

Canute

Yep,
normaly most rescued people ask to join, if they get rejected they move to the map border and leave.
Even when there are still their caravan or friends on the map.

If this behavior don't happen to you anymore, it is a mod-conflict.
But since alot of problem with Psychology happen in the past and serveral updates happen so far.
Do you use the latest version of Hospitality ?

SrGrafo

hey probably this was mentioned couple of times, but while I love this mod, seems like you can just drop instantly any items that the visitors have, dont know if this a bug or a feature, (feels more like a bug)

:D I dont exploit it, I respect ma visitors hah but I think it shouldnt be posible to do this

faltonico

Update:
I stopped feeding them and taking care of them. They all died from starvation inside my base.

@Flimflamshabam, i don't use Psychology, ¿do you use Researchable Stat Upgrades?

Flimflamshabam

I do not, worst case scenario if they aren't leaving on their own you can open the dev menu and find the "Pass Pawn to World" button, they get removed from the map as they would normally.