[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Thanks, very observant!

I've added the problem to the issue tracker.

PhantomFav

Is there a way to stop the visits? The other faction are upset (in war) with me because their visitors aren't satisfy during the permanence. I just started a play in a cold biome without many resource... I don't have enough wood to build a new room and beds. Why the keep coming in a harsh environment with only my single hut for my pawns? ._.

PGMP1979

A must have for Rimworld
THANK YOU SO MUCH for you mod and the update !
I couldn't play A18 without it.

Canute

Quote from: PhantomFav on November 26, 2017, 09:29:05 AM
Is there a way to stop the visits? The other faction are upset (in war) with me because their visitors aren't satisfy during the permanence. I just started a play in a cold biome without many resource... I don't have enough wood to build a new room and beds. Why the keep coming in a harsh environment with only my single hut for my pawns? ._.
Thats tactic to blame you, and got an excuse to start a war with you.

You don't need to create a new room for guests, but bed's are important.
Maybe just set your pawn beds as guest beds while you sleep on the ground.
Some entertainment from your sides and they are nearly happy and they will drop presents when they leave (can be very handy at early times).

PhantomFav

The game crashes if do I activate the mod only during the period I want visits?

Orion

Quote from: PhantomFav on November 26, 2017, 12:25:54 PM
The game crashes if do I activate the mod only during the period I want visits?
Yeah that's not how using mods works.

If you can't satisfy the visitors, use the Send Away button. That will minimise the negative effect.

Malacai

Hey Orion, first of all thanks for this great mod, i havent played without it since you first released it. But i think i have found a bug. I am using Fluffys work tab, and specifically told someone not to "recruit guests and prisoners" but do everything else in the social and negotiating group. And yet she still attempts to recruit people. Not sure if that is a bug with your mod or with the work tab though.

Orion

Hm. Since if I don't use the work tabs mod turning that activity on and off works just fine, I'm guessing the combination of mods doesn't go well.
If there's something I can do to make it work I'll gladly hear it, but I don't have time to investigate.

Orion

Update
- Fix: Guests constantly start and stop joy activities when their joy meter is full
- New: Guest beds are now affected by end tables and dressers

Jennings

Heck yeah. Love ya, Orion, you make a damn fine mod!

Malacai

Hm, since your last update my visitors ignore my guest zone and just wander across the map and disappear again, without ever entering my homezone/base. Happened two times in a row now. I am running a lot of mods but they all worked fine together untill today, so maybe your recent update broke something?

Orion

Hm, it's possible. Do you get any errors or other clues?

Canute

Malacai,
there are an event that visitors just walked through your map without visiting your colony. You sure this didn't happen to you ?

Malacai

I got two event letters saying "Visitors" which should mean they want to stay for a bit. But instead they just split up and left and each chose a different side of the map to leave again.

I didnt check for an error message though, but i will look for it now

Orion

Christmas (?) Update
1.18d - 4.12.2017
- Fix: Guests will not steal consumables anymore
- Fix: Guests will properly pay for tee, coffee, etc. if it's in their shopping area
- New: Guests will now help with work if they feel like it