[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on March 09, 2018, 03:02:58 AM
But with the B18 straightjacket the Force function don't work anymore, do you remember ?

I had never actually tried them in game, and forgot about that post. Maybe we could get Jecrell to fix them hopefully soon :)

Vaulter69

i have been getting the no guest beds debuff when using bamboo from vegetable garden mod as materials for beds , any one having this problem too?

edit: debuff goes away when restricting them to home instead of unrestricted, which is somewhat of a bummer cause i wanted them to help mine the deep drills outside.

Orion

I think you found a genuine bug. I'll add it to the list.

And of course you can just include the drills in your home zone...

Lethe

Does inspired recruitment work on guests or just prisoners? (Talking about mental inspiration added to base game b18.)

I have finally gave my guests a much larger allowed area in my colony and I've seen them haul, harvest, interact with animals and research! I'm especially loving them researching. It really helps in the beginning of the game and helps offset the time and resources it takes for keeping guests happy. Yay!

Orion

Actually, I don't know. I think probably not...

Ruisuki

what are the chances of a guest returning after some time? I wasnt able to nab someone with great skills due to my colonists not being prepared. Also, will the required amount of friendships reduce by moving your colonists to a secondary colony temporarily? If so, does this only apply if done before the arrival of guests?

Orion

Tricky questions there. The chance for the same person to return depends on so many factors, I really can't tell you.
There's one thing I know, though, and that is if you use the Garbage Collection mod, the chance is pretty much zero.

The required amount should not change when you move pawns around.

Ruisuki

Hey orion thanks for the reply. Ive never heard of such a mod so maybe ill get lucky and get her back before my colony grows too much.

Hm...so in my second colony i have 4 people there and only require 1 friendship to recruit. In my main i have 11 and require 3. Youre saying if I move 10 people from the latter to the former ill still require 3 friendships? It never goes down to adjust for current population, even for future guests? So is it a 'if you reach this many this is always gonna be the minimum quota' type deal?

Orion

Well the required amount is relative to the amount of colonists you have. This should be all your colonists anywhere. If it's lower in another colony that'd be a bug that you can exploit by sending people away when recruiting.
It's not how it's meant to be, though.

Canute

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 20, 2018, 02:56:08 AM
Hey orion thanks for the reply. Ive never heard of such a mod so maybe ill get lucky and get her back before my colony grows too much.
I think he mean Runtime GC, there is a function about worldpawn's.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Orion on March 20, 2018, 04:48:36 AM
Well the required amount is relative to the amount of colonists you have. This should be all your colonists anywhere. If it's lower in another colony that'd be a bug that you can exploit by sending people away when recruiting.
It's not how it's meant to be, though.
Oh...well it looks like I found a bug then. A bug....I like! >:C)

Quote from: Canute on March 20, 2018, 05:00:44 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on March 20, 2018, 02:56:08 AM
I think he mean Runtime GC, there is a function about worldpawn's.
Huh...I meant to add that mod eventually to improve my gamespeed, as it does slow down at times when right clicking. So if I install runtime gc shes cleaned up for good. Noooooo come back to visit soon my perfect

Ruisuki

Actually...turns out my colonists in the secondary colony cant interact with guests even though I have the option checked under the guest tab.

Canute

Did you forget to assign someone to Neglo... maybe ?

Ruisuki

Nah i have that set as well. At first I thought it was only affecting one group of guests but the second as well. Maybe they need a closed room?

Orion

Do you get any errors? Can I take a look at your log (Ctrl-f12)?