[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zekaonar

I just encountered a bug entering my 3rd spring and I'm hoping someone could point me at a fix or help troubleshoot.  A group of visitors just arrived and they are standing on the edge of the screen where they arrived and not doing anything, just frozen.  If I try to send them away they still don't do anything.  I let it sit for a few days to see if anything happened, but then travelers passing through spawned in the same location and also they aren't doing anything.  I haven't changed mods recently, I have many successful visits in the past with Hospitality, I tried changing mod order and putting Hospitality last.  I looked through the xml of the visitors and nothing jumps out at me, but I don't know what to look for.  I don't see any error messages and nothing irregular in the log.  troubleshooting advice?

Edit: the behavior went way when I restored an slightly older save.  A new batch of visitors are behavior correctly.
Not sure what could make NPCs stop doing their thing.

Orion

Sorry, beats me too. Could be some rare clash with another mod that only happens under very specific circumstances.
In the end, all it takes is one error when they spawn to break their and possibly future guests' behavior.

Canute

I got trouble's with visitor and caravans in the past too.
But that wasn't related from Hospitality, more from errors that cause other mods.
If that happen again, try to use the "share log" button or attach the output_log.txt to the message.

TryB4Buy

Orion

No, but you could obtain one from any Steam user. They just have to copy it from their workshop folder (\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100).

TryB4Buy

So who wants to throw up a dropbox zip of that for me? None of my steam friends play rimworld.

Ruisuki

i hope so. The last line mentions Therapy might even affect addiction in future updates. Would be nice if it sped up the loss of addiction instead of ending it outright.

Orion

It's not my site. But I don't mind having my mods listed, as long as they're not misrepresented or claimed to be made by someone else.

I don't know about the addiction thing. I never planned on doing that. Although I guess it would be a reasonable improvement. But then, I'm not actively modding anymore.

Canute

QuoteIt's not my site. But I don't mind having my mods listed, as long as they're not misrepresented or claimed to be made by someone else.
I was think about the " Do you like this mod?
Consider donating a small amount to thank the author" button for a paypal donation.
I just wanted be sure it goes to the right one.
But since you said it isn't your site, you maybe should investigate into it.

Orion

Yeah it actually links to me. So no worries there. But indeed with these things there's quite some potential for abuse.

verity

I'm sorry, disregard the message, it seems that time where disabling Hospitality helped was merely a fluke.

There might be a bug with hospitality, possibly in conjunction with another mod. We can't stop the party (and several other events).
I would ask you to check out this thread since everything's already detailed there:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40745.0

I only just tested and noticed that the bug goes away if I disable Hopsitality, but I did't cross check with all other mods, it might well be a conflict.

mataschmata

I have a problem, I really need help here.

I really want a specific faction to visit but in the whole 11 years I've played on this save, they have not visited me once! My relationship with them is 80 (i've sent them tons of silver) yet they never visit.

I am closer to them than I am any other faction. I checked the group candidates and it says VisitorGroup for this faction is enabled so I don't know what's wrong. I've gotten visits from every other friendly faction.

mods: Hugslib, Humanoid Alien Races 2.0, Beast Man Tribes, Children and Pregnancy, Hospitality, EdB Prepare Carefully, RBSE Hardcore Edition, LT-Doormat

Orion

Hmm,  you could use the developer tools and trigger visitor incidents until they show up.
Or you could edit your save game, find the visitor queue and edit the first item and change the faction ID to that of the faction you want.

Malacai

I just got a bug with my visitors. They appeared on the map as usual, but instead of heading for my base they just walked along the edge of the map for a bit and then disappeared again. I am pretty sure i had the same bug in an earlier alpha already, but no idea if it was ever fixed.