[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

I really hope not. It isn't really that hard. Its all the same way - its really hard early game, cause you don't have anything. And its dirt cheap lategame, cause you just gift them with your leftovers and overproduce (beer\clothing) and secure 100 relations with ease. Hospitality was always a way to get nice boost to relations early game. I really hope it stays that way.

Syrchalis

Quote from: Orion on August 03, 2018, 10:25:28 AM
Jeez. I'm trying to get a feeling for how hard it is to make allies in 1.0, so I can get the balancing *roughly* right. For all the hours I've played so far, I didn't manage to make a single ally yet. And obviously, cheating would defeat the point.

Hospitality always made it easier to raise faction relationships, but given how hard this is now (I don't even know how hard yet) and how important, I feel I have to tone it down severely.
Transport pod, take the guy you like the least, shoot him to allies, free 40 rep and one less pyro in your colony.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Madman666

Its cheesy as all hell. And it will get nerfed anyway.

Canute

Quote from: Syrchalis on August 03, 2018, 08:12:52 PM
Transport pod, take the guy you like the least, shoot him to allies, free 40 rep and one less pyro in your colony.
That is a nice idea.
When visitor notice at your colony some transport pod, they will ask to use them, and you are geting some good reputation + visitor gifts.

Orion

Good points and ideas there. Keep em coming :D

Syrchalis

No really, it's really easy to get reputation, once you have microelectronics researched. Transport pods are only 1000 points and they have been made cheaper. Once you have them you can shoot anything, colonists, (prisoners I think?), any item ... to other faction bases and you get loads of reputation.

If you only do it with trading and trade-gifting then it's hard, but even then you could use a caravan to send gifts to other factions. It's slower, but equally effective.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Madman666

Yep. While i do not use transport pods ever (steel... cough), its quite easy to send a caravan with gifts, once you have some to spare (mid game). So i really don't think any altering to relation gains from happy visitor are needed.

Trading bonus to relation i treat like an extra something to hold relations from falling (with rough faction that lose relations over time). Usually its enough to negate it completely.

matpstar

Quote from: Orion on July 27, 2018, 03:01:46 AM
Theoretically guests should be able to help with constructions. I haven't seen it yet either, though.
There is a skill requirement, before they help, so it might be that noone suitable came around yet.
Thank you for teaching me! ;D
I want to escape with the guest 's spaceship...but it seems to be difficult. :P

Orion

Btw, for those who can't await it, there is a 1.0 version now that you can test. It will ruin your saves, so keep backups.
You can download it here and put it in your mods folder: GitHub
Please report any issues you find via the GitHub issues page or post them here. Thanks!

whintersan

Thank you!! I've been checking back every day for a 1.0 version. The game doesn't feel the same without it.

modderei53

Hey guys, this mod sounds awesome, tried it but unfortunately got these error messages while booting up the game. https://justpaste.it/6tf91

Ingame I get these logs. https://justpaste.it/4tcms

Orion

I've uploaded a fix that you guys probably want (on GitHub).

@modderei: This looks like something is going quite wrong. Please try loading it only with HugsLib, to see if you still get errors. If you do, check the assemblies folder of Hospitality. Let me know what's in there.
The mod folder should be within steamapps/common/RimWorld/Mods. And the assembly folder should only contain "Hospitality.dll". Did you have an earlier version? Make sure you delete it first!

Orion

It's official now. Have fun guys, and remember to let me know if something doesn't work right!
Also, if you haven't yet, it'd be awesome if you could comment on / sign up for the beta for my upcoming party game "Skirmish". We're working hard on a demo for this year and every tester counts!

Update
1.19 - 09.08.2018
- Updated to B19
- New: Hefty penalty when noone from a group returns
- Fix: "Not enough beds" when area is the whole map
- Fix: Various small fixes
- New: When recruited, guests will give their inventory to a group mate
- New: Guests will now equip what they have bought
- Tweak: Guests are now more picky towards what they will buy
- Tweak: Less goodwill gain/loss per visit
- Removed: Hospitality does not change the refugee chased event anymore (more compatibility)
- Removed: Hospitality does not change the wanderer joins event anymore (more compatibility)

ZE

lol that game looks hilarious looking forward to testing w/b19 hopitality when i get the chance

harperers

Whenever i get a visitor they leave as soon as they visit as if they were just passing through, even though i get the visitor message beforehand.