[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrchalis

I tried placing it directly after HugsLib and also at the end of my modlist. No effect either way.
https://git.io/fAq5Z

It sure can be a mod conflict, but it's not that likely if it doesn't work at either end of the mod list. I doubt any mod patches Building_Bed, so not exactly sure what's even causing this.

Edit: I tested it with only HugsLib and Hospitality - still can't swap beds over to guest beds. So it most certainly is Hospitality.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

tchiseen

19.2006 Broke a ton of mods

AllowTool and RandomPlus were two that I was using, and were broken, and are now fixed, in case you need examples of what changed.

Orion

Good call, tchiseen. Sounds like I have totake a look at what has changed.

Btw, you do have a mod called "Animal Logic" or "You Sleep Here" that patches beds. But in this case I think it's indeed an issue with the latest version of the game.

Syrchalis

Well, as I said, I did test it with only HugsLib and Hospitality as well. I'm not sure what exactly the issue is though. What mostly changed in the recent versions was that it's no longer a development build. It broke my private mod too, because it changed the order in which things are loaded and my mod was loaded before DefOfs were initialized, which made it not work properly.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Orion

Alright, well, I've tried it with the latest version, and it works just fine for me. So it must be another mod you're using...

When you say you tested with HugsLib and Hospitality only - did you start a new colony for that?

Otherwise, I can only imagine that it's a difference between the Steam and non-Steam version...

Syrchalis

Steam version? I thought you left that one at B18?

Anyway - apparently the issue is that the github version (either branch) is not the same as the dropbox one. At some point the mod might have had issues and I loaded the github one to recompile it. So that probably is the entire issue.

With the dropbox B19 version it works.

Excuse my confusion, I am only used to having a steam and non-steam (usually GitHub OR Dropbox) version. Not three (Steam, Github AND Dropbox).

Orion

I meant the Steam version of RimWorld... My mod is indeed B18 on Steam (until B19 is public).

Hm, possibly I didn't push all the latest fixes to GitHub. That could indeed cause trouble. Otherwise, it should be identical to the one on Dropbox.

Anyway, I'm glad you could resolve the issue!

matthock

So, weird issue. I had a pyromaniac visitor who started setting all my stuff on fire in the middle of a visit. Is there any way to deal with this without the faction declaring war on me? I went from +40 to -95 in the course of about 3 minutes. Arrest firebug -> declare war, instant -75, followed by another -20 for the expedition not returning.

While I'm not sure this can be considered a bug, per se (visiting and pyro both working properly), it does seem there should be a cleaner way to handle my visitors committing felonies in my colony :D

Canute

There are a mod Snapout, which allow to calm down other pawn's with a mental state.
But i am not sure if that work's on visitors.

But pyromanic isn't that worse, you just let a pawn follow him to clear of the fire until he calm dowm self.

Madman666

This issue is mostly that visitor behaving like a criminal (pyro, bingin on stuff that doesn't belong to him, trying to slaughter animals or damaging furniture) should be considered guilty and thus could be apprehended without any major consequences. If your subordinate made a ruckus somewhere and then got his ass kicked for it any normal person would probably come get him back and apologise for his actions. It d be nice if hospitality system flagged mentally broken pawns as jerks, that can be imprisoned without instant -95 relations. Relation drop could be instead done when a group of visitor's faction comes to get him back if you refuse to let him go.

That would probably require a considerable work to do, so at least removing the penalty when the pawn in question is uncontrollable state is enough.

Orion

Yeah, all of it would be a considerable amount of work. Especially for something that hasn't happened to myself in the 5 years that I've been playing RimWorld now.
So yeah, I rather spend my time on more awesome features.

Madman666

Yeah, its a bit rare, but it does happen sometimes. Its fine totally fine though if you have something else interesting you d rather use your modding time for :P

bigheadzach

Although a compromise might be that if the incoming guests HAVE one of those potentially disruptive traits, a warning might be good so I can have someone tail them around the colony with a fire extinguisher. :D

Orion

I guess that could be done, but it'd be false alarm most of the time. At some point I considered just not spawning guests with traits like that. But that's just not the RimWorld way, is it?

Madman666