[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lethe

Quote from: Ra1612 on February 12, 2019, 09:50:46 AM
Since installing this mod, prisoners and guests started to flirt with my colonists. And just now I got a new lover's notifications for one of my colonists and a guest. I can remove it with dev tools, but is it intended to work like that?

I've experienced that in b18's hospitality. I wonder if it's an interaction with Psychology...

Orion

Hospitality enables guests to interact with colonists (at all). Because it's fun. Tynan saved himself all the trouble by making guests not talk with colonists in vanilla.
Flirting is just a subfeature of talking. "Intended to work like that" is maybe an overstatement. But it does work like that. Take it or leave it :/

Ra1612

Na I am fine with that, your mod is essential for the game :D it was only weird because I had 12 male and only 2 female colonists and had to change some new recruits' gender, only to have a male colonist fall in love with a guest.

Orion

Yeah that's life for ya. Maybe I should add a mental break for when a colonist fell in love with a guest who left, he/she will leave the colony to follow, or kill him/herself in despair.
That sounds like proper RimWorld drama and appropriate punishment for not recruiting that person at all costs.

Lethe

Quote from: Orion on February 13, 2019, 10:46:22 AM
Yeah that's life for ya. Maybe I should add a mental break for when a colonist fell in love with a guest who left, he/she will leave the colony to follow, or kill him/herself in despair.
That sounds like proper RimWorld drama and appropriate punishment for not recruiting that person at all costs.

If you put in events like these, I think some of us would appreciate the ability to disable them. :x

I'd be interesting to see if their lover come back to visit them more frequently compared to the other faction pawns. It'd give the player a chance to recruit the lover. I think it'd be cute... -shrugs-

Orion

To make that possible I'd have to rewrite the system that selects the pawns that spawn. It's currently controlled by RimWorld's convoluted spawning system which is impenetrable to slight adjustments.
Maybe I'll do that one day. It's been bugging me for quite some time anyway. But then, it also allows other mods to affect what's being spawned.

vandal

nice to see you are still here orion. Now that 1.0 is out it really feels like a milestone with your mods being essentials for my playthrough

Orion

Yeah, I'm not playing RimWorld anymore, so I'm mostly just keeping things updated and fixed. Like Tynan, I guess ;)

forumgod

Something is causing my visitors to waste all their time standing in place and dropping all of their meals on the ground and then starving. I have both pick up and haul by Uuuggg https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40701.0 and Combat extended which might interact with how their inventory works.

Orion

Someone recently posted this issue on Steam as well. I think some mod updated and broke functionality.
I'm afraid it's up to you to find out which one and to file a complaint.

Orion

Could you post a list of your mods? You can take it from a log file (Ctrl-f12). I want to cross reference with the guys from Steam to narrow down which mods could cause the issue.

forumgod

Quote from: Orion on February 16, 2019, 05:15:49 AM
Could you post a list of your mods? You can take it from a log file (Ctrl-f12). I want to cross reference with the guys from Steam to narrow down which mods could cause the issue.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/843775b95dec2c3f8068c5d64eb4da56
not shown is the latest Combat Extended version

publicuser

Sometimes visitors arrive my map, but they don't walk to my base, just walk along the edge of the map, then walk out of the map.

Orion

Orion

@nickdos: If you disable Pick Up And Haul, does it still happen? (it has to be a new group of guests... Once broken they're broken)