[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

The mod shouldn't change anything about caravan's.
That caravan member use your table's is normal behavior or do they work at your workbenches for you? Does they are maybe prisoner and you got prison labor ?

And when they don't leave some error at the logwindow should appear at my expierence.

vovik

Dunno about guest/recreation room, i always make large recreation rooms that are suited fo far more people simultaneously than i usuallt have, so its okay to have a guest room nearby.
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

Canute

That's why you can guests assign guests to zones. On default they are on your home zone, so they will use your recreation too (which increase your opinion to you).
And you should try out Home zone as shoping zone too. The other guests got money too, not only the ones who trade. :-)
Ofcouse they mosttimes buy cheaper stuff then your masterwork craftings.

Canute

Orion,
a small suggestion about the negotation task.
Currently the pawn follow the guest and try to talk with him, but when the guest is faster it is a long task.
Could you made it that the guest pause/stop his current task when the pawn start to engage the guest ?

Orion

Sorry, I tried my best to make it work well.

Canute

I know from GiddyUp mod, when a pawn want to mount an animal, the animal stop his current task and wait for the pawn to mount up.
So i thought something similar for the negotation.
But it is ok, then my social pawns are allways geting Bionic legs first ! :-)

forumgod

Is there any other way around using fashionrimsta? I don't want sims clutter garbage in my rimworld game. I live in Boreal forest and the visitors die of hypothermia during winter

Orion

You could use a smaller map... make sure guests always stay inside during their stay... any other mod that adds warm clothing...

forumgod

Quote from: Orion on April 25, 2019, 03:18:20 PM
You could use a smaller map... make sure guests always stay inside during their stay... any other mod that adds warm clothing...

There is plenty of warm clothing in vanilla though, my colonists don't have any issue with the cold, only guests come without the necessary clothing

Orion

There was an issue with reused pawns still wearing what they wore the first time. So they wouldn't adapt to temperature changes.

I've uploaded a version called "Experimental" which should fix that issue. Would you try it out for me?

Chibisuke

Orion anything you can do about visitors coming and helping with hauling, but you have pawns set to negotiate with them before the actual interaction happens they run off (happens mainly with when they are helping with hauling) so you end up with a pawn chasing visitors around the whole day trying to interact.

Orion

Hm. Maybe I can disable entertaining them while they are helping.

Chibisuke

Quote from: Orion on April 30, 2019, 01:42:19 AM
Hm. Maybe I can disable entertaining them while they are helping.
or maybe end all current task when being entertained.

Orion

I don't think you'd like it if they dropped your stuff all around the base because they got interrupted...

Chibisuke

Quote from: Orion on April 30, 2019, 03:01:57 AM
I don't think you'd like it if they dropped your stuff all around the base because they got interrupted...
well right now if the pawn finally catches them and initiate the entertain (progress bar comes up) they drop the stuff anyway.It's just they run off before that progress bar can start. So maybe make them end current task when the pawn initiates the interaction which might give enough time for the progress bar to start, not sure maybe just disable entertaining them when they helping like you suggest. It only becomes troublesome when they are hauling other jobs are usually fine.

edit: spelling