[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Hey, I don't think I understand what you are asking for...

platipuss

at the moment there are visitors coming if you have guest beds
they sleep on the guest beds (or on the ground sometimes if there is no bed available)
they use the colony recreation items
they may buy items from the allowed areas
your pawns charm them
if they like your hospitality they may leave presents to colony

What I suggest is

imagine travelers in rim world traveling for some reason (even the trading caravans)
when they visit your colony you can offer them service like,
bed
room
recreation
bath & toilette (dubs bad hygene)
meal

for each service there can be fixed price (given by the modder) or lets say colony can define its own price depending on the quality.
the guests or travelers can take whatever they want or afford from the list depending on the price.
based on the time they spend in the colony, they pay for the service.

in this way the player can use this mod as an income generator.
like smokeleaf industry
or running a drug producing colony
or profitable weapons

shortly make your colony like innkeeping (or motel)
you can gain reputation by happy visitors
with this reputation, more visitors may come to the colony
the colony may increase its prices by using this reputation
make a lot of money by this
visitors with bad intentions may come (thiefs or saboteurs)
probabilities can increase depending on the imagination in later stages

platipuss

by this innkeeping mod
you can force your prisoners to prostution (combine the mod with simple slavery and make the colony to brothel house)
you can deal drugs or weapons to your guests
make gambling
or
just run a hotel
with fancy restaurant with the meal recipies coming from vagetable garden mod

so your colony can shift to even crime related place or sin city
or a touristic place

depending on your choice story teller can generate events

Cariboul1

Hi Orion,

Thanks for the great mod.

In your last update, how do the guest chose what to pay for a bed ?

In my playthrough i have multiple beds with different price,, do they chose regarding the beauty of the bedroom ?

Thanks!

Orion

@platipuss: Thanks for your input. If you want to help steer Hospitality in a specific direction, please consider becoming a supporter. It allows you to vote for the next features I will work on.
Please understand that it is a lot of work and very difficult to add new features without breaking backwards compatibility or compatibility with other important mods. I spent most of my vacation on making it possible to charge money for beds. What you are suggesting is weeks of work (fulltime). Of course I will consider it, and if people want it, I will also work in that direction.

Orion

@cariboul1: Guests evaluate all beds according to their own preferences and financial situation. They take the quality of the bed, impressiveness of the room, type of room and more into account.
They will always pay for a room if they can and have to, but of course the price might make them more unhappy than the quality of their room makes them happy.

Orion

Chibisuke

im nice i still keep their beds free....XD but i do occasionally steal guest :P if they are cute animal ppl

Ruisuki

are guests supposed to eat your food? they are straight up stealing from my fridge

Chibisuke

they prioritize eating food that they bring with them. But if they don't have any they'll eat your food.

Also if you are using other mods that allow you to set Guest/Visitors food policy like Pawn Rules. If the food they bring aren't permitted, they'll go raid your food storage for something that is allowed.

Orion

Before they starve they'll eat yours. But if you sell food and they can afford it, they'll buy it first.

Ruisuki

Ah i see. Well then it looks like ill have to restrict their stay to the guesthouse then. Or just build the shop and add a fridge in there

Orion

Update
1.0.30 - 21.09.2019
- New: Notification when a guest can be recruited (can be disabled in options)
- Fix: Rescued pawns will only become guests once treated, not before
- Fix: Rescued guests shot somewhere by pod will not give a relationship bonus anymore now
- Tweak: Made fee of beds factor in slightly less when selecting beds, and the type of room more
- Tweak: Guests will no longer self tend. Guests will now use medical beds when they need treatment

Orion

Update
- Tweak: Guests will approach a more random starting point
- Fix: Made spawning guest code end gracefully in more situations (guests will be removed if something went wrong)
- Fix: Enabled "forceAddFreeWarmLayerIfNeeded" when spawning guests
- Fix: Better error messages for spawning guests
- Fix: Taking correct temperature into account for guest clothes (*duh*)
- Fix: Error when rogue guest joins group
- Fix: Storage will now accept guest beds, if beds are selected

publicuser