[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

::) ugh... I've been sloppy. I'll fix it later today.

Orion

Apparently I forgot to push the release tag. It's up now, plus a hotfix for a conflict.

Kori

I often wished that my pawns could be visitors to other settlements too, for example in cold biomes when it became too cold for a caravan and I wanted them to take a break somewhere safe, when they got wounded or sick or when I was waiting for a restock.

Something like an extra button for caravans at other settlements. It shows the price in silver per day, which will depend on the amount of caravan members and your relationship to the faction. When it's toggled on, your caravan receives mood buffs, an increased healing rate for sleeping in beds, tending to wounds/ sickness and safe temperature as long as they have enough silver on them.

Orion

Sounds like a good idea. I don't think it should be a part of Hospitality, though. It can be a stand-alone mod.

Kori

Orion

Now you just have to find someone who likes it so much they will make it ;)

Kori

You can't be convinced that it would fit well into Hospitality because it is the same feature that you give to players, but this time for NPCs?
You have to admit that it's not plausible that the player settlement is the only one in the world that had the bright idea of offering accommodation for money. ;)

Orion

Sure it is plausible, just as all the other factions are the only ones who can churn out hundreds of warriors every day, despite them getting slaughtered every time :P

I get your point, but I don't even have enough time to do the updates that I do want to do.

Kori

Orion

Update
- New: Polish translations (thanks to dnx)
- Fix: Made pawn.story conditional, so pawns without a story will not throw errors
- Fix: Added check against giving guests minified things that have a InnerThing == null
- Fix: Guests will now use medical beds or regular beds in the guest area if they are injured
- Fix: Errors when despawning invalid pawns
- Tweak: Guests will more often come with small amounts of money instead of no money at all
- Tweak: Guests will not bring items that will rot within the next 6 days

Note that rescuing guests to hospital beds still doesn't work perfectly. Rescuing them to other beds doesn't work at all. RimWorld has the whole bed mess hardcoded, so there's not much wiggling room to fix things for me.

dnx

blopi

Good afternoon,

I am just posting a quick message to thank you for the beautiful mod.
I also corrected the french version that contained some grammatical sentences... how may I say? A bit "heavy", or sometimes using uncorrected words, and also the options were not translated.

I do not mean to offend the original translator, neither criticize his work, only to help a bit.

I attached the *.zip with the post. It is called French.zip, as I literally took the folder, corrected the sentence in it and compressed it to be able to submit it here.

Good day!

Orion

Thanks for taking the time. With every update I release, all the translations will be outdated. Optimally the translators would watch changes to the language files in the repository and update translations accordingly, but I haven't seen that happen yet.

I'll add your changes with the next version of the mod.

blopi

New translation french version! :)

-> All sentences in the "Social" tab are now making sense !
......... The way things are said in english, sometimes, can't be literally translated as it is in french, and need some grammatical changes. I re-work all the "InteractionDef" and the "RulePacks_InteractionsExtra" for them to be understandable. Maybe a couple of sentences are not that frenchy, but hey! Pardon my french! :P
-> All settings, guests tabs, console command orders, Work tab details are re-translated, tooltips included.
......... More detailed, better explained.
......... I tried to make some tooltips to appear in the "pawn guest tab" on mouse over, but without success... Never mind.

Few things:

-> The tab "Guests" is still called Guests. Its tooltip is still also in english. I did not find where to translate them.
-> In the Guests tab, I can't find where to translate "Area of Accommodation" and "Shopping Area", though it is perfectly understandable in french. I just wanted to make more tooltips.

I hope french users will enjoy! :)
If they are finding incorrections, please let me know!

The file is named "French Hospitality 1.0.33.zip". It is attached to this post. I will delete the old version.

Very good Rimevening! :)

Orion

Thanks for the detailed explanation and the update. I've made a note of the missing things and hopefully next version you'll be able to localize them, too.