"allow unstripped corpse" filter on graves/stockpiles/crematoriums

Started by benben471, March 13, 2015, 02:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben471

Adding an "allow unstripped corpse" filter on the graves, crematorium and dumping stockpiles would stop players from mistakenly hauling dead pirates and the like wearing valuable clothing into a grave where, the clothing would be unusable. I personally have lost several superior devilstrand tuques and the like from not paying attention on who to strip first. Theres nothing worse than seeing a dead raider being placed into the crematorium wearing an 'excellent' hyperweave sherrif hat and a 'superior' synthread duster with the inability to stop the clothes from burning up along with the corpse.

Thank you for any feedback to this thread it means alot,
Ben.
Thanks for feedback :),
Benben471.
I have mods now ^^

Benny the Icepick

It might be easiest if "strip corpse" were incorporated as a front end action prior hauling that corpse.  As in, a colonist preparing to haul a corpse would automatically strip it before it's moved.

Darkhymn

Quote from: Benny the Icepick on March 13, 2015, 06:50:12 PM
It might be easiest if "strip corpse" were incorporated as a front end action prior hauling that corpse.  As in, a colonist preparing to haul a corpse would automatically strip it before it's moved.

I would prefer the filter. I don't want or need 300 tattered cloth t-shirts lying around the map!

benben471

Quote from: Benny the Icepick on March 13, 2015, 06:50:12 PM
I thought of mentioning such but, decided that a filter would work better seeing as though you may want to haul things in a certain way dependant on equipment percentage or quality and by stripping all corpses they would prioritize the closest stuff rather than the stuff people told them to strip first. Thanks for the feedback though ^^
Benben471.
I have mods now ^^

benben471

Quote from: Darkhymn on March 14, 2015, 01:12:12 AM

I would prefer the filter. I don't want or need 300 tattered cloth t-shirts lying around the map!
I know the feeling. I'm waiting for the author of T's mods to get back to my message so that I can get the go ahead on a modification of his extended cloth mod where, the de-construct clothing option will be the only thing on the textiles bench and it will be compatible with other types of clothing products (not only cloth but, hides and leathers too!).
Benben471.
I have mods now ^^

Boboid

Yeah a "naked" filter would be very useful.

Incidentally you can stop a colonist butchering or cremating a corpse by drafting the working colonist. They'll immediately stop.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

benben471

I've just started using the mechanical defence mod which adds a droid (called crematorious) that strips bodies before cremating them inside itself. I'm using the droid as a stop gap to remove the chances of bodies being burned before being stripped.
Benben471.
I have mods now ^^