Event-Friendly Settlers On Your Map

Started by Segrog, July 16, 2015, 08:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Segrog

Friendly Settlers On Your Map- 5 passive characters come and make a few buildings on your map. Their settlement will get bigger, and every once and a while they get a new member. Sometimes enemies will arrive just to raid this settlement. You can choose to kill, capture, or let these settlers make their own colony, but they will take resources on the map, like wood and animals.
Hostile Settlers- These settlers are hostile towards you. If you came near them they would attack you, and maybe they would even go on the offensive and assault your base. They would even attempt to steal your supplies. Like sieges, but they have no mortars and also plan to stay and make a base.
EDIT: Wow, so many replies. I feel great.

tylers2001

There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

Segrog

HOLY SHIT A REPLY, I FEEL LIKE I'M FAMOUS.

MarcTheMerc

Then prepare to feel like a superstar because heres a second ;D.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

skullywag

Getting them to settle wouldnt be too hard. But getting them to continue building and stuff.....totally different story.

Also, howd ya feel now eh?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Segrog

The-MathMog

I've had similar ideas, but I think that in practice this is very hard to implement, as you would need to provide the pawns with a much more intelligent AI. Making decisions, sorting priorities, making prefixed buildings etc. But maybe in the future, who knows.

RemingtonRyder

Not necessarily intelligent AI, just one that mimics early-game player strategy - for example build room, furnish room, create meal source, make meals.

Segrog

Maybe they could make grow zones double the exact size they need to feed them all, so they have a reliable food source. They would also obviously go hunting, and if they are desperate resort to cannibalism. Perhaps they would even attack the player to steal food or to try and capture one of your colonists and try to recruit them. If they killed one of your colonists they could even take his/her body and eat it. But once again, only if they are starving or one of their persons is a cannibal.

StorymasterQ

Some good ideas, here. I'm not opposed to having some people come in in the opposite corner, build rooms, make some sort of meal economy (basic planting and cooking).
Instead of huge grow zones, I'm not opposed to having the game cheat a little, maybe they can have a simple meal with only 1 or 2 potatoes, so they don't have to be too intelligent to survive. I guess hunting is also doable.

Then, when a band of pirates arrive, they can be the first to die, thank you very much. And I'll take those meals too, thanks.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Segrog

Quote from: StorymasterQ on July 27, 2015, 11:35:03 PM
Then, when a band of pirates arrive, they can be the first to die, thank you very much. And I'll take those meals too, thanks.
Refer to your signature.

JesterBlue

Event: Some squatter squatted on your farm... They ate your corn and hunt squirrel with machine gun. Everyone are terrified! This has to stop.

Segrog