How to make SUPERB RIMWORLD out of average rimworld

Started by Wujc, March 14, 2015, 12:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deslona

I read the whole topic. Here are my thoughts.

First I will comment on the ideas, then on the overall tone.
Ideas:
Rimchems - think this would be an unnecessary resource or something that sounds like 'magic' material useful for any/every purpose, which would consequently break balance. The first (could/would) be an end game resource no matter how you play. A bit farfetched and I don't think it fits in Tynan's idea for the lore of Rimworld.

The only thing of merit i found was fertilizer. Though I agree I would like to see a redesign of the RESEARCH aspect of the game. And other uses for the skill (I know some mods do this).

As for the tone, coming across as condescending, claiming to know the game better than the developer.
(If somebody writes, that wooden wall have 100% flammability i will find him and sodomize him! Iam hard-core fan remember? I know more than even authors of this game know! )
Insulting the developer and players. Making it more about how 'good' you think you are and that anyone coming in to critique your idea would be instantly wrong.
And when people are attacked in this manner they are far less likely to accept or even listen to your ideas. You said that you didn't care about RESEARCH that much. Then pick ONE thing you care about the most and make a mod for it. You are coming across as a whiny and a troll. Go make something, respect people who spend the time to read this.

Wujc

I react in same order as you did. I agree that those Rimchems are not happiest solution. Iam playing little chill-out game at Tundra biome (screen) and Rimchems seems stupid here, couse it looks like THE THING experience with some creature in north pole. Also walls with isolations seems kida stupid, becouse you lost all heat almost instantly in -40°C when doors open. More doors+more walls seems like much elegant solution. I totaly agree on Fertilizer with you! After 5 hours of game play i have first wood crop and finaly can expand. There were almost no trees on whole map. Also i was forced to eat one buddy at start, couse there were no food soon neither. I was forced to survive by locking visitors in rooms, letting em die and eat their meat! I think that after all that, some stuff like RimChems does not make much sense. I remember i was wrong once in year 1989 so its possible it happend to me second time. Also i agree that modding is probably best solution to the some problems.

To that stuff that people actualy cares (even if nobody should):
I wont act surprised, that people dont like other people that act like assholes. Thats how thing goes. Maybe i have huge passion for oxymorons (oxyMORONS). Its very nice people here cares about how other people behave. Very nice community. Can you feel how much postive energy i send to you? Its like we are equally respecting each other!
If i write something so stupid like i know more than authors knows there are only two possiblities:
1) Iam so stupid, that every reasonable person should ignore me
2) I use it as hyperbole and dont mean it for real
3) Iam provocateur (You call it trolling, its same i believe, exept trolling is an art and iam a dearth of talent)
If some persons bursts in tears and have emocional seizure, they should not be spending time at internet where stuff they dont like can be found. But i found only people with irresistible urges and OCD's so far and i guess i hurt nobody. If i did, that person is butthurted pus*y. Lets keep things simple.

RemingtonRyder

1. If you're going to make a suggestion, keep it simple and well-presented. Don't ramble on or go off on tangents.
2. Don't insult the staff or other users.
3. Lose the attitude.