[Mod] (Alpha 9) Graves (1.0b)

Started by Leeman, March 16, 2015, 09:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leeman

Graves

Description:
This simple mod let's you you build different graves from the get go. It saves you in the end just some tedious work if you like to have seperate Graveyards as there
is no more need to edit each single Grave who is allowed or not allowed to be burried in there.

Common Grave - This is just like the basic Grave that is already in the game. Allows all sort of Humanoid Corpses
Colonist Grave - This works just like the Common Grave, however it is by default that only Corpses from your Colonists are allowed to be burried here
Strangers Grave - Same as above however set so that only Corpses from people that are NOT from your Colony are allowed to be burried here

Changelog
v 1.0: Initial Release
Hotfix v1.0a: Graves now keep their name and do not turn into Common Graves anymore
Hotfix v1.0b: Graves can now be deconstructed again

Known Issues
  • None at the moment

Possible Ideas for future Releases

• Custom Graphics for the Graves
  • More Materials to build the Graves with and increase their look by that
  • Mass Graves (For the time you just want to save some place and want them Raiders to rott in one place
  • Urnes - So you never forget your friends and maybe place them down for Decoration
  • Special Graves / Mausoleum for original Founders
  • Assign Grave to a still living Pawn

Author
Leeman

Download

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

HBKRKO619

silentlord

like this, getting added straight away.

can make a private, special colonist graveyard now.

plus looking forward to mass graves.... i have zombies mod, i am in dire need of mass graves. lol crematorius droid fro mechdef2 is good going around burning bodies, but i want graves too.

imuteyou

Hi! Dropped in to say that it's a good ideea, but please fix the .rar( Just archive a folder with About, Assemblies and Defs ); it would be a better layout.

Leeman

Hey.
Thanks for the replies guys :)

Quote from: imuteyou on March 16, 2015, 11:41:33 AM
Hi! Dropped in to say that it's a good ideea, but please fix the .rar( Just archive a folder with About, Assemblies and Defs ); it would be a better layout.

What exactly do you mean?

http://i.imgur.com/eObDLAI.png

that's what I get if I download the .rar.. And that's how you mean it or?

Novellum

Quote from: Leeman on March 16, 2015, 11:43:47 AM
Hey.
Thanks for the replies guys :)

Quote from: imuteyou on March 16, 2015, 11:41:33 AM

What exactly do you mean?

http://i.imgur.com/eObDLAI.png

that's what I get if I download the .rar.. And that's how you mean it or?
He means have it set up as:
-Graves(Main folder)
  -About
  -Assemblies
  -Defs

Iwillbenicetou

I have an idea. you can make three (or however colonists you have) "founder" graves. These will be reserved for the first colonists you get. They are tombstones and (of course) require stone. Or they could be a mausoleum...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Leeman

Little Bugfix is up. The Graves no longer change their names. Also changed the layout of the .rar

== Known Issue == You currently are not able to remove the Grave. Looking into it and hopefully can fix it today

Leeman

Next Bugfix is up.

Changelog Version 1.0b:
  • Graves can now be deconstructed. Works with existing save

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on March 16, 2015, 12:18:31 PM
I have an idea. you can make three (or however colonists you have) "founder" graves. These will be reserved for the first colonists you get. They are tombstones and (of course) require stone. Or they could be a mausoleum...

Sounds Interresting. I will put it up on the list for now but I cannot promise anything ^^

Igabod

It would be nice to be able to assign graves to colonists before they actually die, sorta like beds. And as soon as a colonist dies, their corpse is taken to their assigned grave.

Leeman

Quote from: Igabod on March 16, 2015, 04:59:59 PM
It would be nice to be able to assign graves to colonists before they actually die, sorta like beds. And as soon as a colonist dies, their corpse is taken to their assigned grave.

Sounds like a neat Idea. Will add it to the list and hopefully can get most of it into it over the next few days

IWannaChaos

Being able to write an epitaph would be nice. Also, a funeral service that could replace the negative thoughts of losing an ally with ... something else :/

Mathenaut

I like this. Or at least the basic premise of it.

If you add a bunch of tangent stuff in the future, I'd ask that you keep a basic version available.